Hope Solo dog shot.

First-light

Dont know the whole story but in this day and age with invisible fence and stuff there is zero reason for dogs to be off there properties...  I have had a situation where I told the owner of a pitbull next door the next time that dog is on my property it is dead... Case closed.... At the time my kids were 2 and 3 years old and I have seen the destruction these dogs have caused.. Now if that dog escaped one time and was not chasing the guys kids then yeah that is fked up but something tells me there is alot more to the story....

• Like 1

I believe your legal to shoot. However the issue is going to be discharging a firearm on a public street and endangering others. 
Probably would be better off trying to kick or otherwise drive the dog off. It may be legal to shoot them off your dog but you're right. Probably would wind up dealing with more legal headache than worth it. Ever the more reason to carry pepper spray I suppose. Though you'd likely hit your own dog as collateral damage.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cbyzerman said:

Dont know the whole story but in this day and age with invisible fence and stuff there is zero reason for dogs to be off there properties...  I have had a situation where I told the owner of a pitbull next door the next time that dog is on my property it is dead... Case closed.... At the time my kids were 2 and 3 years old and I have seen the destruction these dogs have caused.. Now if that dog escaped one time and was not chasing the guys kids then yeah that is fked up but something tells me there is alot more to the story....

Invisible fencing is no guarantee.  My Shepard mix was so gentle. However a chipmunk was her nemesis. She would bolt through the underground fence, get zapped and yelp, just to get to that damm chipmunk. Dogs learn they will get a quick zap, then there free.  

But I agree, it's not a excuse.  People still have to keep there pets under control. 

Edited by mowin

It's usually a people problem not a dog problem. That said I know of two dogs as we speak that need to go immediately but I wouldnt personally waste the $0.20 for the two shells.

I might have been 10 or 12 and remember watching my grandfather one day walk the barn dog across the field and into the woods. Leash in one hand, 2x4 in the other. He came back 10m later, hung the leash up and we went and did chores. He was a very very caring dairy farmer and Christian man but had zero tolerance for any animal that couldn't be trusted. 

Again, a majority of time it's not the animal but the owner. But every once in awhile there's a dog behavior that needs to be taken out of the gene pool.

• Like 1