Need advice quick lol

ejp419

Probably a gut shot but my liver shot deer did the same exact thing your deer did. Didn't even flinch when I hit him.

He stood for 5-10 minutes and walked away with his tail between his legs. Bedded 100 yards away and would of died there if I didn't push him. Good luck, you will find him. Def call deer search if not.

My buddy hit a doe with a gut shot last year and it ran allmost 300 yards!!And thats after the 30-06 blew a hole in her side soo they can and somtimes will run father than what you would think!!Ive seen it happen so its more like some deer WILL run farther than you think!!

I agree with you, but like he said, it stood there for 15 minutes before walking off. It wasnt spooked or on an adrenaline fueled death dash. So, hopefully he recovers it with out too much hassle.

Edited by SteveNY

Here he is!! 9 pointer. I swear I counted 10 last night. Guess thats what buck fever does for ya lol. I actually went out about 10pm last night ( 5hrs after the shoot). Kept finding pretty steady blood for about 200 yds. Decided to come back 6am with a couple guys. Tracked him about another 200 yds and there he was. The best part was he never stopped bleeding. I think I did kick him up last night tho. But he never stopped bleeding. Thnx for all the advice guys. He's not the biggest but he's perfect to me...

post-1011-0-31694400-1320430458_thumb.jp

post-1011-0-28967400-1320430599_thumb.jp

I live and in Coxsackie. Hunt between Coxsackie and Athens along 9W. We do alot of coyote huntin with the hounds in Durham. Maybe I'll message you if ur interested. After deer season tho. Shot about 2 dozen between Jan and March last winter. Lots of fun..

Anyone have deer search's number?

WNY 716.648.4355

finger lakes 585.935.5220

CALL THEM DO NO GO BACK with out them or at least 24 hour wait. I have a search dog and am speeking from many gut shot deer. The worst thing you can do is polute the area by walking all over. You killed that deer and the dog will find it tomorrow.

I guess I didn't read the entire post before giving him DS numbers....GREAT buck!

Edited by scobar

I live and in Coxsackie. Hunt between Coxsackie and Athens along 9W. We do alot of coyote huntin with the hounds in Durham. Maybe I'll message you if ur interested. After deer season tho. Shot about 2 dozen between Jan and March last winter. Lots of fun..

Sounds like a blast. We got 30 acres and it is surrounded by 100s of acres of woods. My dad blasted a nice coyote opening day of rifle last season. Good luck this year.

congrats man! You got lucky, you should not have went out last night unless it was gonna rain or you have a lot of yotes. 5 hours is pushing a gut shot. glad you got him. What did your arrow end up hitting?

Edited by Fletch

congrats man! You got lucky, you should not have went out last night unless it was gonna rain or you have a lot of yotes. 5 hours is pushing a gut shot. glad you got him. What did your arrow end up hitting?

I can't speak for the OP, but we have LOTS of yotes in Leeds, I lost half a doe to them a couple of years ago and that only took about 1.5 hours.