blackbeltbill

Who Remembers This Heart Wrenching Scene From - 1975?

Mrs Kintner just died a few weeks ago

• Sad 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

I shit you not...I am wearing this shirt today
5eb8ebd507bea3904bb69a841bf20f66.jpg

My next dog will be named Pippin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Cool Shirt

Tough lookin' bodyguard looking over his left shoulder....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I shit you not...I am wearing this shirt today
5eb8ebd507bea3904bb69a841bf20f66.jpg

My next dog will be named Pippin!

The shirt. The hat. That beauty of a buck. You got it all going my friend!

• Like 3

I know a young lady that was going to be the hot nude swimmer in the opening scene. They were casting at a nude beach on Martha's Vineyard. She chickened out at the last minute and her claim to fame disappeared . Still looks pretty good for a old broad.

• Like 4

For my retirement, the only gift I want is Larry Vaughn’s baby blue jacket with white anchors...y’all have about 10-14 years to make it happen.
His striped one is strong too but the anchor jacket is tremendous

• Like 1

Remember that movie well I was eight years old I don’t think I swam that summer

The 1st Jaws Movie was the best of the Bunch. A few of the later movies were unbelievable.   The Capt of The ORCA- Robert Shaw was in - The Deep + a James Bond Movie- From Russia With Love. He played an Assassin.

My favorite part in the first movie is when he tells the story about when he was in the war and they brought the bomb a crossed and secret and they got shot down by a German U-boat and no one knew they were there and then the sharks game one by one they disappeared man that was an intense scene

• Like 1

My favorite part in the first movie is when he tells the story about when he was in the war and they brought the bomb a crossed and secret and they got shot down by a German U-boat and no one knew they were there and then the sharks game one by one they disappeared man that was an intense scene

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.

• Like 1

For my retirement, the only gift I want is Larry Vaughn’s baby blue jacket with white anchors...y’all have about 10-14 years to make it happen.
His striped one is strong too but the anchor jacket is tremendous

One of our big shot Buffalo lawyers looks like Larry Vaughn and wears the anchor jacket. I saw him at a restaurant and wanted to stand up and get a slow clap started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.

b4038eeb53ec99f02bffc62329b9dfe7.jpg
Next time I fly through providence airport one of these is coming your way, you’ve earned it

• Like 2

-Mitch Hedberg

Not sure if there are any Clint Eastwood fans but another great flick is on tonight I think on the History channel....The Outlaw Josey Wales.  Might have to tune into that at 8  too bad Quint wasn’t in that movie too;)

Not sure if there are any Clint Eastwood fans but another great flick is on tonight I think on the History channel....The Outlaw Josey Wales.  Might have to tune into that at 8  too bad Quint wasn’t in that movie too

That’s a top 10 movie for me

• Like 1

-Mitch Hedberg

b4038eeb53ec99f02bffc62329b9dfe7.jpg&key=9831d3e75d2b0ab3fd5059e53042b78aed916c0abf70af1526195245893a4fa5
Next time I fly through providence airport one of these is coming your way, you’ve earned it

The ever-present Hooper/Quint conflict (think Montagues/Capulets; Jets/Sharks; Greesers/Socs) that ties his classic together brought to a climax by this one moment of tension.
dd978b05bb2a9123bb62d6d388f35b86.jpg

• Like 2

The ever-present Hooper/Quint conflict (think Montagues/Capulets; Jets/Sharks; Greesers/Socs) that ties his classic together brought to a climax by this one moment of tension.
dd978b05bb2a9123bb62d6d388f35b86.jpg&key=5d3545730757454ad569134b4d86a6799f35799e2f45c78ba6126a46cea00dd9

Never forget: In the book Hooper nails Brodys wife. And dies lol

-Mitch Hedberg

On 5/22/2020 at 9:24 PM, Lomax said:

Little background on that. 

Shaw rewrote much of it and turned a half page into four pages that is considered one of the best monologues in cinema history. He also tried to do it drunk and screwed it up royally. The next morning he apologised to Spielberg and asked for another shot. He nailed it in a couple of takes. 

Two reasons why the Indianapolis scene turned out so remarkably well: 1. A contrite Shaw played it sober, nailing it in just a few takes. 2. Shaw rewrote the scene. In addition to being an Oscar-nominated actor, Shaw was an award-winning writer of novels, plays and screenplays, and when he took a crack at polishing up the monologue, he made it into something unforgettable. Spielberg asserts that the monologue was a joint effort between two screenwriters and Shaw, while others say that Shaw did the heavy lifting to make the monologue so perfect (though one or more of the writers didn’t quite do their research: Quint says the ship sank “June the 29th, 1945,” but it was actually July 30 when the Indianapolis went down). Dreyfuss, whose Hooper listens with horrified fascination as Quint’s tale unfolds, said that he wasn’t just acting: He really couldn’t tear his eyes away from Shaw, and the monologue was “one of the most riveting things” he’d “ever seen or heard.”

And: https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2017/08/the-uss-indianapolis-and-quints-monologue/

• Like 1

Never forget: In the book Hooper nails Brodys wife. And dies lol

Coincidence, I think not

• Like 1

Cage went in the water, Hooper went in the cage, sharks in the water...

• Like 1

-Mitch Hedberg

I am not much of a Jaws 2 fan however it is certainly more palatable than 3 and 4.
Question: what is the relation between he sharks fro Jaws and Jaws 2?
I hold that it is the same shark! That’s right... Jaws survived the exploding oxygen tank.

• Like 1