Wny mounts

SpacemanSpiff

Beauties congrats on some great mature bux.  I’ve seen a few big ones like that in Savannah Clyde area and throughout the fruit belt of Wayne county.  Some real good hunting in your area.  Thanks for sharing 

Not too far from you in Cayuga county I worked out in the Savannah area when I was younger used to love driving out on the Clyde Marango road and checking out the monsters and elk behind the fence that place is something.  Way back when I knew the game manager and got a tour of the place it was incredible the lodge is amazing. Always wished tree fell on the fence in a few of those 180s got free.  

I live across the street from that fence. I watch the elk every morning. They are beautiful animals. Not too many places in ny you can do that. I toured that facility in high school its amazing. The whole properties were just recently sold actually. During the rut we ride around the fences and rattle. You would crap your pants when you see what comes up to the fence. Lots of 180-200 inch deer in there. Trees have fallen on that fence and the wild hogs they had in there dug out. I was told by a neighbor that 3 elk got out a few weeks back. Animals find a way I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

Yes I heard about the hogs getting out I knew about that I also knew it had been sold not sure at home but an incredible property to say the least I pulled up one time with my family back in the mid 90s and there was a guy on top of his van with a TV camera I said what were you looking at he said there’s 14 bucks in the field I climbed up on top of the van with them and shit my pants.  Yes I heard about the hogs getting out I knew about that I also knew it had been sold not sure home but an incredible property to say the least I pulled up one time with my family back in the mid 90s and there was a guy on top of his van with a TV camera I said what were you looking at he said there’s 14 bucks in the field I climbed up on top of the van with him and shit my pants. They were all in velvet at the time it was August but I’ll never forget it.  The manager told me they brought in Mature bux from Texas Canada in the Midwest.   Me and my boss used to go out there in September and listen to the elk bugle I hope whoever buys it keeps it going though it’s got to be an expensive operation.  
Again welcome to the forum I am been here that long myself but so far there’s A lot of information and nice people we’re pretty interesting and provide some good laughs from time to time

@Nomad My corn and soybean seed guys are from Canandaigua. They both took some nice deer up there last year one of them shot one that scored 147 it was a really nice buck

Ontario County is really good and is starting to produce some slammers on a regular basis especially around Canandaigua Bloomfield area good hunting.  I have a good friend of mine at other end of Lake Naples Wayland Cohocton area Which is really good to go hope to see your hands on one of those this fall