Bow tech Needed

BKhunter

Hey All,

I’ve been trying to tune and set up a bow and every time I do one thing it seems to cause another issue. Does anyone know of a good bow tech on Long Island? I live in Nassau so close by would be preferable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good experiences with Smith Point Archery, they did my tune (which I did before a hunting season for expediency because of damage to my cams that caused a hairline in my riser where both were replaced under warranty...).

I've tried a few others in Queens/BK, but unless you want to leave the bow or maybe feel a bit rushed if you want it same session, I would stick with Nassau/Suffolk. 

Don't know how fast you NEED it (although we're all bored and those turkeys are a callin'), Queens Archery did a decent setup as well, but in the PRE-COVID days that might mean leaving it for a few days, if they're still open right now that is...

What are you looking to set up? Is it a brand new bow or are they replacement parts (if so, which?), strings, etc. IMO depending on what you're doing with your bow, it might be a relatively simple thing where any "enthusiast" with a bow press and lots of patience can do it, to setting up a whole system and paper tuning, dropping off nothing but the parts...

Also, just noticed your handle. If BK, let me know what you need done. Might have other options for you.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, Catskills54 said:

I've had good experiences with Smith Point Archery, they did my tune (which I did before a hunting season for expediency because of damage to my cams that caused a hairline in my riser where both were replaced under warranty...).

I've tried a few others in Queens/BK, but unless you want to leave the bow or maybe feel a bit rushed if you want it same session, I would stick with Nassau/Suffolk. 

Don't know how fast you NEED it (although we're all bored and those turkeys are a callin'), Queens Archery did a decent setup as well, but in the PRE-COVID days that might mean leaving it for a few days, if they're still open right now that is...

What are you looking to set up? Is it a brand new bow or are they replacement parts (if so, which?), strings, etc. IMO depending on what you're doing with your bow, it might be a relatively simple thing where any "enthusiast" with a bow press and lots of patience can do it, to setting up a whole system and paper tuning, dropping off nothing but the parts...

Also, just noticed your handle. If BK, let me know what you need done. Might have other options for you.

I had a shop set up a Prime bow for me and they did a pretty bad job so I was trying to go back and reset everything. I adjusted timing with a Prime tech and when I made the adjustment, and then drew back the string is now off to the right and looks like it is rubbing against the top cam. I wound up buying a press and a vice to start doing all my own work, but I have no idea what is causing the issue.