Trump Stupidity

I think policies and legislation are what should be addressed.  Results matter most.  I agree he is not a talented orator, but a man who improves the country, is far more important to me than one who eloquently lies to the detriment of the citizens.

If I'm going to acknowledge some of his screw ups, I need to know what they were.  No president is perfect, but what has he really screwed up?

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I think policies and legislation are what should be addressed.  Results matter most. 

It is all about party platform for me and a President following through and getting it done.

Pro NRA and a member

Pro Religion

Pro Second Amendment

Pro strong military and law enforcement

Pro Strong Borders

Stop illegal immigration 

The Wall

Cut Taxes

Obeying the land's law and enforcing the law.

Pro Life

Pro Hunting

Pro farming 

Pro traditional ammunition

Pro energy 

Pro jobs and keeping them here.

Pro America first across the board

To name just a few.

So far so good in my book policy is moving in or at least staying in a trajectory I like, as for the sideshow baloney about a bragging bombastic personality it does not mean shit to me even a little bit!, it is all about results and actually doing what you are elected to do.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 8

57 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

His mistakes.... jeff sessions as ag, making chris wray fbi director, not firing comie right away, not cleaning house from the get-go.

Yes, mistakes.  Some driven by politics, which he had little experience with.  But did any really affect the citizen's liberties, rights or freedoms?  None of these mistakes have really screwed up the country, they screwed up his agenda.  

Airedale, you left out the most important one.  Judges on the SCOTUS and District courts.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

I think policies and legislation are what should be addressed.  Results matter most.  I agree he is not a talented orator, but a man who improves the country, is far more important to me than one who eloquently lies to the detriment of the citizens.
If I'm going to acknowledge some of his screw ups, I need to know what they were.  No president is perfect, but what has he really screwed up?

How hard would it be to just keep his Twitter hole shut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

He began using Twitter because the Main Stream Media refused to convey his message to the public.  They left him no choice.  He needs to get a proof reader to prevent some of his tweets from being used against him.

• Like 1

I like the new press secretary Kayleigh McEnany she is feisty an adorable at the same time and just disses the media folks That ask loaded dumb questions hopefully she stays for a bit not many have 

• Like 4

My Grandpa used to say that you judge a man by his actions, not his words, as actions speak louder than words.

Trump does so much behind the scenes, but because of the liberal bias media, it never gets out there and (believe it or not) Trump doesn't mention them, because he's not a politician.

That's the main reason I voted for him.

He's from outside the beltway and that scares the swamp rats, which amuses me.

They've thrown everything at him and he comes out smiling.

I think anyone ( I'm biased being a 5th generation NY'er) except a NY'er would've folded under the pressure by now, but Trump seems to thrive on it and even stirs the pot with his twitter posts.

He posts controversial stuff, as it keeps him in the spotlight and that's where he likes to be.

It doesn't cost him a cent either.

Never Forget and Never Surrender,

SJC

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Called hunting in Africa a "horror show".

That was beyond  stupid and a knee jerk reaction without asking anyone with understanding of the issue except his good for nothing anti hunting daughter......

Considering his sons are big time African hunters and pro hunting advocates, that is hard to believe.  I never heard about that.

Seems his administration is in favor of African hunting and has eased many of Obama's restrictions.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/17/trumps-wildlife-board-claims-trophy-hunting-saves-endangered-animals

Edited by Rattler

That board was disbanded due to court defeat as illegal......and most of his appointees in F&W resigned.

2017;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/11/19/trump-calls-elephant-hunting-a-horror-show-and-suggests-hell-enforce-a-ban-on-trophy-imports/

And he has had USF&W enforced a ban on imports , against CITIES scientific findings, for several species . You can apply for import, but no one has ever received an actual permit , although there has been movement on lion importation. But the damage has been done financially and therefore environmentally at a critical time for many of the species involved.

5 hours ago, Rattler said:

Considering his sons are big time African hunters and pro hunting advocates, that is hard to believe.  I never heard about that.

That's because you only hear what you want to hear.  LOL

Trump talked out of his ass on this topic just like he does on most others.  Says one thing one day and then says the opposite the next.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

That's because you only hear what you want to hear.  LOL

Trump talked out of his ass on this topic just like he does on most others.  Says one thing one day and then says the opposite the next.

I am not able to find a source to verify that.  Can you supply one?

Too much is attributed to Trump that was never said by him.  Did you read or hear he said that or are you just taking it on hearsay?

Dinsdale, your link to the Washington Post article is not accessible.

Edited by Rattler

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

Dinsdale, your link to the Washington Post article is not accessible

By  

White House reporter
November 19, 2017

President Trump called elephant hunting a “horror show” Sunday and strongly suggested he will permanently block imports of elephant trophies from two African nations despite his administration’s earlier approval of the practice.

Following strong bipartisan criticism of the administration’s decision to allow imports of trophy carcasses, a practice that was halted under the Obama administration, Trump moved Friday to put the imports on hold. On Sunday, Trump said on Twitter that he would announce a final decision this week. He suggested that he does not buy the argument advanced by pro-hunting advocates within his Interior Department that the imports help protect endangered African elephants.

Trump wrote that he would be “very hard pressed to change my mind that this horror show in any way helps conservation of Elephants or any other animal.”

Big-game trophy decision will be announced next week but will be very hard pressed to change my mind that this horror show in any way helps conservation of Elephants or any other animal.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2017

It was not immediately clear whether the reference to “any other animal” might mean he is also reconsidering his administration’s separate lifting of import bans on lion trophies last month. That decision received little attention at the time but has since come under fire as the elephant decision received wide attention.

The president’s abrupt reversal Friday means that elephants shot for sport in Zimbabwe and Zambia cannot be imported by American hunters as trophies.

“Put big game trophy decision on hold until such time as I review all conservation facts,” Trump wrote Friday evening on Twitter. “Under study for years. Will update soon with [Interior] Secretary [Ryan] Zinke. Thank you!”

That halted a decision by his own U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Wednesday to end a 2014 government ban on big-game trophy hunting in Zimbabwe and Zambia. Under U.S. law, the remains of African elephants, which are listed as threatened under the Endangered Species Act, can be imported only if federal officials have determined that hunting them benefits the species more broadly.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That halted a decision by his own U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Wednesday to end a 2014 government ban on big-game trophy hunting in Zimbabwe and Zambia.

Well I sure as Hell am not going to lose any sleep over that decision, everything thing else Trumps has done far and above outweighs that weak argument and  the decision is still not set in stone.

A far cry for what the Democrats would do to hunting and outdoor sports in general if they got the power to do so! Every single animal rights, anti gun and anti hunting group vote Democrat. One only has to look at California to see the Democrat's blatant anti hunting devastation policies to a once pretty decent hunting state.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, airedale said:

Well I sure as Hell am not going to lose any sleep over that decision,

I only posted it for Rattler so he could read it and see it was dated 2017 since he said he couldn't access it. I personally found nothing constructive in the article and could really care less what he did 3yrs ago since it doesn't have a big impact on America.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve D said:

it doesn't have a big impact on America.

YES!  Exactly....thank you.....

But it does effect other countries and a few Americans (like me) and shouldn't even be a topic for USF&W. CITIES says its legal and this country should follow the law.

All he had to do...." I'll trust MY appointed secretary of F&W to make the correct decision based on science and facts."

But he just couldn't resist being the center of attention whore again and thats why it answers the title of the topic here.....

Trumps stupidity.

Edited by Dinsdale

8 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

But he just couldn't resist being the center of attention whore again

Not for nothing.....but I think we are all guilty of that at one time or another>>>open mouth and insert foot. He must be human but I agree he does go overboard from time to time for someone in his position. I still like the fact he tells it like it is (or as he sees it) doesn't try to smooth things over and sugarcoat everything like most of his predecessors.

Not for nothing.....but I think we are all guilty of that at one time or another>>>open mouth and insert foot. He must be human but I agree he does go overboard from time to time for someone in his position. I still like the fact he tells it like it is (or as he sees it) doesn't try to smooth things over and sugarcoat everything like most of his predecessors.

Three year olds tell it like it is..out of the mouth of babes...the leader of the free world should be able to speak candidly and honestly with a little decorum and class.

Part of that is knowing when to speak and what to address. Economy-have at it. Most else, let someone write it for you and STICK TO THE SCRIPT....although enflaming Dems is part of his “plan” in my opinion. Make them respond more flagrantly and expose them as the raving looney left that they are. Centric thinkers (those he needs to win 2020) cannot support the rantings of far left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2