Memory cards for trail cams

nybuckboy

Memory cards are pricey so my question is - I plan to have 2 cards per camera and 6 cameras so are 64MB card suffice ? Also if I command the pics to deleted each time will there be an issue with corrupting the card. Anything else advice?

32 GB is plenty unless your taking long videos or leaving them for a year at a time. Walmart has 32 GB sd card with the adapter for like $8.99. If your in the Hudson Valley send me a pm and I can hook you up.

I concur. In addition, check your camera to see what the maximum size card you can use. I believe 32 GBs is max for my camera.

I rarely do videos . I have 8 cams in Geneseo and 9 in Walworth . I have them set for 3 pics per sensing . I use 4 and 8 GB cards . I have gotten over 4500 pics on a card . It takes a long time to go through editing that many pics to weed out worthless pictures . I would go nuts editing a 32 GB card . I check EBAY for SD card prices and buy from there . Besides the cards in my cameras , I probably have an extra 25 - 30 SD cards . 

I was looking through some of my original cards and have some 16 , 32 128 and256 MB cards . They would be worthless in today's cameras . I even have a 35 mm film Trail Camera .

I have a trail cam that isn't even a cam.  It just counted every time "something" went by.  I saw it in my basement the other day, I was shocked I still had it. 

I need to buy a card reader and pull cards. When I just had my original digital cam, I never left it out long term, a few days to a week at most. When I started leaving them out for months and bought a second cam, when I went "upda camp" I just swapped cams. That became my norm, even as more cams followed. I'm still not sure why I do it, I could have twice as many cams out if I'd just buy a card reader and a few more cards. lol

Depends on where you are placing them and how.many photos it takes and time between photos. I have cameras set on 1 sec delay and have several that will have 2500 photos plus a week,  I use 16gig cards and sometimes they are full especially if I am taking 18meg photos.

Sensitivity also is  a factor.

A flock of turkey will burn up a lot of photos in a hurry so will deer if they bed in front of a camera, squirrels and my newest nemesis rabbits!!