first ever bow hunt buck down

Big Indian

I had my first ever bow hunt this morning. Have gun hunted for many years and just took

the bow class on Sept 17th. My friend gave me a used bow and I began practicing every day. Went to my friends property where he had several bucks on his cam and my son and I in got in a stand around 6:50 this morning. My son spots a doe around 8:30 who kept looking over her shoulder while milling around the stand, my son then said here comes another one and when I looked I saw a beautiful 6 pointer folowing her, he comes in from behind so I stand up and get ready while he comes closer. He then started trying to chase her to no avail, he walked off and gave me a 20-25 yard broadside shot. I hit him and he ran off, and I said I am new at this I must have missed, so I called my friend and he came out and we found the arrow with blood hair and guts on it. We picked up a nice blood trail and began following. We came upon a spot where he laid down and we bumped him. Being much more experienced at tracking deer he immediately said we must back out and let him die. It was the longest 6 hours of my life we didn't go back out till almost 3pm and picked up the blood trail where we left off, but it soon disappeared, We finally found him about 150 yards from where I shot him. I am beyond excited and cant believe I was in the stand for 90 mins and shot a really nice deer w/ the bow. I guess that is beginners luck !

post-1499-0-41868600-1320537420_thumb.jp

post-1499-0-26062900-1320537551_thumb.jp

post-1499-0-07171600-1320537659_thumb.jp

Congrats..Your life will never be the same again!!!! Is that one of the best moments in yur life or what? I still remember my first one ans shakin in my boots the whole time. Your kid will now also be a life long bowhunter after the thrill that he went through today also.I guess we can add two more bow hunters to the brotherhood!!!

Nice job Big Indian on your first deer with the bow..which happens to be a very nice Buck!..What a great story of you and your son as he spotted the deer coming towards you guys and experiencing the thrill of the hunt.That's what it's all about memories to cherish for ever!!!

Best of luck in future hunts!