Tick ID help

Nomad

Never much dealt with them where I hunt , so I’m somewhat unfamiliar with IDing them . Now where I live in Webster there’s many ticks although we seldom deal with them where I am  ,recently I’ve started to run on a trail , an old rail road bed,  so, pretty wide , it’s mostly gravel, dirt and the “ grass “ is mostly matted  down . I know ticks wait along trails in the grass ,but this seems like a somewhat unlikely spot ? 

After running the other day I cut the lawn which was pretty high . When showing I saw a small bug on the shower curtain, when I killed it , it was pretty bloody , wife found the bite mark on my back , I found another on the floor of the tub . So not sure if from lawn or trail .

Today I found bug # 1 in kitchen , when I went to put it in a baggie ,it was hopping , I’m guessing a tick ? Pic #2 was two mornings ago, I figured it was a small spider by the shape and movement . 

Thanks 

E0990949-83B1-4907-A9D2-200054D1BE77.jpeg

3C93177E-7CA2-46CB-BE6B-836EBE0595A9.jpeg

FE3CF3BF-581C-43A5-AB53-1CA2E0A34FBB.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

Ok that’s making me feel better wife ,would freak out if they were ticks inside . The one I thought was a spider the other one hopping through me off .

Thanks 

Edited by Nomad

Never much dealt with them where I hunt , so I’m somewhat unfamiliar with IDing them . Now where I live in Webster there’s many ticks although we seldom deal with them where I am  ,recently I’ve started to run on a trail , an old rail road bed,  so, pretty wide , it’s mostly gravel, dirt and the “ grass “ is mostly matted  down . I know ticks wait along trails in the grass ,but this seems like a somewhat unlikely spot ? 

After running the other day I cut the lawn which was pretty high . When showing I saw a small bug on the shower curtain, when I killed it , it was pretty bloody , wife found the bite mark on my back , I found another on the floor of the tub . So not sure if from lawn or trail .
Today I found bug # 1 in kitchen , when I went to put it in a baggie ,it was hopping , I’m guessing a tick ? Pic #2 was two mornings ago, I figured it was a small spider by the shape and movement . 
Thanks 
E0990949-83B1-4907-A9D2-200054D1BE77.thumb.jpeg.92dcacba97c890f6cf9e54f80640e1fb.jpeg
3C93177E-7CA2-46CB-BE6B-836EBE0595A9.thumb.jpeg.e6a6d84c28a78f807b220e2da7ecdc83.jpeg
FE3CF3BF-581C-43A5-AB53-1CA2E0A34FBB.thumb.jpeg.8e6c44e59fba0335b2adf7ff0fadc90b.jpeg
That's a jumping spider

I'm Surgical

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Those look like those Indonesian Death spiders!!  

Yup,  you're a dead man.  Best to burn the house down while there's still time to save the neighbors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1