blackbeltbill

Who Is Going Turkey Hunting For The Last Weekend?

I will be out . Down here in Orange County-- everybody and their Brother are still out! I saw Connecticut Plates this morning in a popular Turkey Hunting area.   Nice Weather until it hits 8.30am and starts to warm up.       Luck to all who have not thrown  in the Towel yet.

If I had a tag, I'd be out there....Kinda glad I don't....Hehehe....

• Like 2

This whole Spring, I went out in my Brown Pants- ( Earth Tone). Alot of washings without Tide- lol.        Kind of reminds me of my 1st few Springs-- Brown Briar Pheasant Pants and a Green + Black Checkered light shirt Jacket and a bright Green Baseball hat.

29 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

This whole Spring, I went out in my Brown Pants- ( Earth Tone). Alot of washings without Tide- lol.        Kind of reminds me of my 1st few Springs-- Brown Briar Pheasant Pants and a Green + Black Checkered light shirt Jacket and a bright Green Baseball hat.

29 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Years ago,  turkey hunters like M.L.Lynch  and many others were dressed  in mostly brown khaki and killed turkeys just fine...The key was a somewhat neutral color and LACK of MOVEMENT...

Even colors do not trouble the turkeys much, although they may get YOU shot..

I have seen turkeys come out in the open around vehicles several times...If they don't move, the turkeys ignore them.....Kinda why you can set up a popup blind in the middle of a field and call a gobbler to within 20 yards of it...You'd never get away with that stuff with a whitetail.....

Edited by Pygmy

Think I am gonna have to .  Wind is gonna keep me off the lake tomorrow and after this heavy rain the canal will be blown out with rain. So turkeys it is. Really really wanted to fish.  

But GF got me a thermacell so gotta try it out. Been wanting one,but always forget to every year.   

• Like 1

Earth Tones Work just fine.   1 NJ Bird+ 1 NY Bird for me. 2 big ol Longbeards for Cynthia.  No Problem.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Couldn't help but think of this. 

• Haha 2

Good 1 Rob just watched it last night.  

Bill good luck I hope to see some pics of you in the morning with a nice bird Maybe give the dr a new avatar choice.  

i plan to go Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

I am in Hiking Mode anyway. Might as well Hike in and out with a Gun and no Bird-lol!

I'm hoping to get out in the morning but I'm working until 2am tonight.  Will be out for sure Sunday morning. I'll be bouncing around Stateland in 7m/7p.

I have not been out since the first week. I tore up my knee two weekends ago so I’m out. I have a torn ACL, torn Meniscus and a level 1 MCL strain. I was tempted but neither of the two spots I have in mind are easy walks to get in. One has a ravine and a crick to jump and the other a long mud hole to traverse. I don’t have surgery for a month yet. 2020 is turning into a real suck!

Good luck all. I’ll be eating Butterball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have not been out since the first week. I tore up my knee two weekends ago so I’m out. I have a torn ACL, torn Meniscus and a level 1 MCL strain. I was tempted but neither of the two spots I have in mind are easy walks to get in. One has a ravine and a crick to jump and the other a long mud hole to traverse. I don’t have surgery for a month yet. 2020 is turning into a real suck!

Good luck all. I’ll be eating Butterball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear isle three is a major honey hole

I'm Surgical

• Like 2

Welp...let’s go hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

1.58am and, I am up.  Looking forward to a early morning Hike in with Gun . And just perhaps-- a Wily ol Tom Turkey that, I blundered into:)

• Like 1

23acc6ba44aa1f672dff88fe9d15136a.jpg555c043fd6f580c1de776aa2eb0008d8.jpgWe are a crazy lot

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

11d918190c9702efb36903c3fc75c66b.jpgNOW IM FIRED UP!

• Like 3

-Mitch Hedberg

Just affixed the filled out Tag to this Gobbler. Weight- 28lbs- Beard- 13" - Spurs- 2".  A possible NY Record!!

20200530_093957.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Just affixed the filled out Tag to this Gobbler. Weight- 28lbs- Beard- 13" - Spurs- 2".  A possible NY Record!!

20200530_093957.jpg

He looks pretty flat 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

He looks pretty flat 

Nah- look again. He is quite the filled out Tom- lol!