two weeks

• 2 weeks later...

Is the State hand delivering our Lifetime licenses because of the lack of cash for postage? 

Anybody get there's yet?

Not yet. I would not be surprised that in the future we will have to send the DEC a self addressed stamped envelope and a check to cover handling!

I have an idea............................why not just have the lifetime license holders pick them up in person at an issuing agent?  Heck, you need to apply/pick up your antlerless tags in person anyway.  Why bother stuffing the big envelope and paying postage on it? 

Probably save NYS tens of thousands of $$.

Just send me the bonus check for the idea.  8)   

TIA

I have an idea............................why not just have the lifetime license holders pick them up in person at an issuing agent?  Heck, you need to apply/pick up your antlerless tags in person anyway.  Why bother stuffing the big envelope and paying postage on it? 

TIA

dude.

i totally agreee

besides, im sure there is many hunters out there who receive a license and dont even hunt ny or are too old..

waste of postage on the states tab and paper..

there is also the issue of lost mail and other problems too..

every states license now has a barcode or even  RFID CHIP so even if your not a NY resident , you can still have your license scanned at the local shop once arriving in ny or requesting your dmp..

every states license now has a barcode or even  RFID CHIP so even if  your not a NY resident , you can still have your license scanned at the  local shop once arriving in ny or requesting your dmp..

This is NY remember :)  Even with a barcode, they would have no idea what to do with it.  I had a hard enough time getting the DEC to give me a re-issue of my hunting safety course  I took.  They had it on record as me taking my hunting safety course, yet they couldnt give me a re-print because they didnt have it on file (WTF?!?) -  I am a lifetime license holder that you issue a big game license to every year..... I had to call the local DEC office, then they finally mailed me a re-issue so I could use that for an out of state license (needed proof of a safety course).    The whole system is fubar'd

TIA

I would have no problem with that at all, and it makes a whole lot of sense.

I wonder how many dead hunters are still receiving licenses, hunting and fishing booklets, and the other stuff that they mail out every year.

Doc

Nothing to do with licenses but we still get mail for my mother in law who passed away over a year ago . I am tempted to fill out a change of address card with the address of the Cemetary . ( In reference to Deceased Lifetime License folks still getting them in the mail ) .

• 3 weeks later...