Bath time

Decided a few of the revolvers were over due for a good hosing down. The blued model is a four inch S&W model 19-3 .357 magnum. The 4 inch stainless with the nikon spur sight is a S&W 617-6 .22lr. Last but not least is the little Smith 642-1 snubbie .38 special. 

0D2D1C17-064E-405C-B745-75A19D8419BE.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Decided a few of the revolvers were over due for a good hosing down. The blued model is a four inch S&W model 19-3 .357 magnum. The 4 inch stainless with the nikon spur sight is a S&W 617-6 .22lr. Last but not least is the little Smith 642-1 snubbie .38 special. 

0D2D1C17-064E-405C-B745-75A19D8419BE.jpeg

Love the M 19...I have an M-66, but the blue is so much nicer than the stainless...

I have a K-22 Masterpiece....First handgun I ever bought and the last one I'd ever part with...It has some holster wear, but is still pretty as it ever was, and it shoots better than I ever could....Bought it in 1974....

I had an old time Barber and Gunsmith both give me the same advice when it came to general cleaning of my grooming clipper blades and handguns. "Clear white Kerosene", get a Tupperware type container that your equipment will fit into, take the grips off the handguns and put the handguns into the container, cover them with the Kerosene and let them soak. All crud and dirt-powder residue easily come off with a toothbrush and soft bristle bore brushes, wipe down with a good micro fiber cloth and you are good to go. This method is for equipment made out of metal and it works great.

The dirty Kerosene can be filtered through a coffee filter and be used over and over.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I wonder how that would react to nickel finishes...

No problems with nickel plating, my nickel plated Colt Python spent a lot of time soaking in white kerosene with no ill effects.

Coleman Fuel which I think is a bit more refined than white Kerosene is also a good soak cleaner.

Al

Edited by airedale