Now They're Rioting In Rochester!

Cabin Fever

Rioting in Albany last night. Even broke into Colonie Center Mall. Most of the action was in the South End of the city, no surprise there. Much of the damage was to minority owned businesses! I just don't get it! Mayor instituted a cerfew last night. Will likely have one tonight too. Many clashes with police and fire departments.

How is rioting and looting your own neighborhoods, establishing positive change? It's not. It's only making things worse than before, from both sides of the matter.

I'm a long ways from where all this is going on. But as always, I'm locked and loaded, and will protect my home and family, from ANY situation. Nothing new about that. 

Rioting in Albany last night. Even broke into Colonie Center Mall. Most of the action was in the South End of the city, no surprise there. Much of the damage was to minority owned businesses! I just don't get it! Mayor instituted a cerfew last night. Will likely have one tonight too. Many clashes with police and fire departments.
How is rioting and looting your own neighborhoods, establishing positive change? It's not. It's only making things worse than before, from both sides of the matter.
I'm a long ways from where all this is going on. But as always, I'm locked and loaded, and will protect my home and family, from ANY situation. Nothing new about that. 

It’s very interesting, if and when these people figure out that they should be rioting in the burbs if they want attention I feel many of us will defend ourselves and there will be lots of blood in the streets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/news/nation-world/target-announces-temporary-store-closures-protests-george-floyd/507-f71a980b-bfb4-4fe5-bc1d-f97147a0cc71

2020 keeps getting better and better. One of the few places I was able to get non-essential items since they were open. I guess I’ll have to drive up to the one in White Plains.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

It’s very interesting, if and when these people figure out that they should be rioting in the burbs if they want attention I feel many of us will defend ourselves and there will be lots of blood in the streets

They better stay in the city they dont want to bring that drama out to the country it would end bad for them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I dont think they're gonna leave the city and start burning the fields .

Glenmont walmart had people tearing up the store this am  threatening to burn it down dont be surprised what people will do

Edited by silent death

12 hours ago, wolc123 said:

It should be no wonder that the descendants of those who were made to suffer long ago, react violently at the slightest provocation. 

Exactly. But not for the reasons I think you're proposing.

Those "descendants" have been systematically lectured to for years and years, through misinformation, reckless public policy and now professional political organizations, that grievance, even resulting in violence, is justified for retribution of past wrongs. 

The "oppressed" are constantly reminded and continually agitated to believe that their place in human society isn't equal to others. That opportunities and "rights" are still being denied them based on color or gender or some other percieved bias, even after years and years of attempted reconciliation and countless social and financial policies to make amends and move forward. 

Unfortunately certain societal groups will always be subject to and accept the rhetoric and hyperbole of "leaders" and activists to keep the cause for "justice", even though phantom, alive well and ongoing. There has always been substantial money and power to be gained in manipulating the naive, none more than now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Exactly. But not for the reasons I think you're proposing.

Those "descendants" have been systematically lectured to for years and years, through misinformation, reckless public policy and now professional political organizations, that grievance, even resulting in violence, is justified for retribution of past wrongs. 

The "oppressed" are constantly reminded and continually agitated to believe that their place in human society isn't equal to others. That opportunities and "rights" are still being denied them based on color or gender or some other percieved bias, even after years and years of attempted reconciliation and countless social and financial policies to make amends and move forward. 

Unfortunately certain societal groups will always be subject to and accept the rhetoric and hyperbole of "leaders" and activists to keep the cause for "justice", even though phantom, alive well and ongoing. There has always been substantial money and power to be gained in manipulating the naive, none more than now. 

I don't disagree.   The main-stream media exists to "fan the flames" .     No story with no flames.   

2 hours ago, Chef said:

They locked a couple suburbs down pretty good here last night , the Target store by my friend’s house had 20 Deputies in front , of course not every store can get that amount of protection . Plus with the shear numbers of rioters , they can over run anything I guess .

My town is two towns East of the city ,  but a pretty short drive , luckily we have a seven mile long bay running off the Lake as our Western boarder, only one bridge , and basically one road at the south end .

200 additional Troopers coming here tonight . Sheriff Deputies asked to,work OT tonight .

The whole damn thing is very troubling on so many levels .

Edited by Nomad

Rumors of Rochester suburbs getting hit tonight... hope it’s not true.  Closest it came to me last night was a sneaker store that’s like 2 miles away.  We walked to CVS this morning and they had boarded the windows in advance.  It all sucks. 

C0480C31-8495-4906-9162-BA7ACE7A3957.jpeg

• Like 1

This is all insanity.  It's getting so I don't recognize the world.  Seems to me people are less educated and more reactionary every day. And that more people do things to "look at what I did" than care about anyone else around them. Some days I just can't wait to retire and basically be a hermit.  Close friends and family only.  It seems like everyone needs to feel or be outraged or offended or disrespected by something constantly. It gets so I really think I dislike most people and hate to think that way.  I wouldn't live in a city if you gave it to me and named it after me.  In my small town life still makes sense but don't have to go far or long to find where it doesn't. And what worries me most is that this kind of behavior is acceptable and allowed for any reason. 

• Like 2

These people don’t want change. They want an excuse to act like animals. How is it possible to make any situation better by destroying your neighborhood? Using something that happened 200 years ago is BS also. That would be like the Democrats still belly aching about trump in the year 4020.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silent death said:

Glenmont walmart had people tearing up the store this am  threatening to burn it down dont be surprised what people will do

You have a link for this news? I just looked and found nothing about that. I live less then 30 minutes from there and heard nothing of the sort. I'll go ask the neighbors if they heard anything about it, but pretty sure if they had they would be walking around with long guns at the ready.

Edited by DirtTime
spelling

22 minutes ago, Zag said:

Bullets will stop all this real fast, they should be thanking their lucky stars im not in charge,  Not a clue how good they have it!

Another way all this would stop is Trump announcing the general election is cancelled this year, and he stays put as president. He can assess the situation in 2021, to see if it is safe to vote, just like the Dem governors are doing with this virus delay in opening business crap.

I know...I know it would never happen, but it would be great to see Schumer, Pelosi and Mad Maxine all stroke out at the same time if it were tried.

I like the bullet option though....Protect the 2nd amendment.

• Like 1

About 10 stores broken into last night in Buffalo and looted. One being a wedding dress shop and one being Thin Man brewing and bar. Don’t mess with my beer bastids. Saw pics of the establishments so not fake news. Talked to neighbor who’s a village cop. They had some troubles while staking out local hotels. They questioned quite a few people with out of state plates and congregations of people. Some dumb azz started a loot the Galleria mall tonight at 10 pm FB page. Saw a bunch of his posts and seems like he’s a bit twisted and off his rocker. Way not to make your other profile stuff private dude. Cops grabbed him for making threats. Dumb azz.  Haven’t not been strapped since early March unless In shower or bed but even then in arms reach. Doubt any trouble in the suburbs of Buffalo but ya never know. There was curfew in Erie county until 7 am this morning. I saw that before leaving for turkey hunting and said no way I’m missing the last day lol. Few minutes and straight shot I’m in Wyoming county anyhow 

• Like 2