Now They're Rioting In Rochester!

Cabin Fever

34 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Another reason I love living rural. Here’s the local protest near where we live.

AE500319-998D-411A-A2C9-6142300AC2B7.jpeg

Agreed, Corning had maybe 20 and Elmira had 30-40 folks out protesting peacefully.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Another reason I love living rural. Here’s the local protest near where we live.

Does HuntingNY GTG rules apply?  Where's it's not a protest unless there's more than 4 members?

:rofl:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Four fat white girls doing a Black Lives Matter protest.....

NOOOOO...I'm not GOING there  !!

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 2:15 PM, Elmo said:

The stimulus package had more of an influence.  When rich corporations got billions while everyone else got a $1200 check that's when the Occupy Wall Street and ANTIFA crowd joined the ranks.

Obvioulsy you are misinformed.

I will preface this by stating emphatically that I am not in favor of rioting, and I think that what's happening is a tragedy that pulls attention from real problems and hinders real solutions.

But I was fishing during the riots in Buzzard's Bay south of Boston this past weekend when a friend of mine mentioned that Boston had seen it's share of looting and vandalism. A group of rebels that called themselves "The Sons of Liberty" dumped a bunch of tea owned by the British East India Company into the harbor - in 1773. Interestingly, there were similar conversations in the press then as are occurring in this forum now. It kind of makes you wonder...not necessarily about what's happening now so much IMHO as about what transpired then, and how history is written by the winners.

Just something to chew on. Now I'm going to make sure that my crowd dispersal PPE is ready to go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Downtown basically evacuated, windows boarded up to the third floor, 400 State Troopers in route ,for today’s protest . It’s going to be a long summer it seems .

Wow , this really is a shame that it’s come to this. I feel bad for the mom and pop shop owners . 

Easy to spot the protesters from the, burbs, they bring their yoga mats to lay on .  Blurry pic as a screen shot of “ live “ footage .

Hope those pale folks got sunscreen .

9DFE5C2A-3F68-47DC-AFFA-085B5ACBF442.png

Edited by Nomad

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Easy to spot the protesters from the, burbs, they bring their yoga mats to lay on .  Blurry pic as a screen shot of “ live “ footage .

Hope those pale folks got sunscreen .

9DFE5C2A-3F68-47DC-AFFA-085B5ACBF442.png

The vitamin D will help prevent the spread of the deadly covid 19

• Like 1

irony --- listening to radio today while driving and driving and driving.....any way - the local news update comes on at the top of the hour -

1st news story --" several streets are shut down in Syracuse today until further notice for peaceful protests which start at 1pm on Sat.  Please be aware of these road closures and delays when coming thru Syracuse downtown. "

2nd news story -- "7 people were shot last night in Syracuse one was in front of Martin Luther King School in Downtown Syracuse.  Police responded to several shooting calls throughout the night including one person shot in the head" 

WTF - somehow this doesnt all add up.....at least in my world. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

irony --- listening to radio today while driving and driving and driving.....any way - the local news update comes on at the top of the hour -

1st news story --" several streets are shut down in Syracuse today until further notice for peaceful protests which start at 1pm on Sat.  Please be aware of these road closures and delays when coming thru Syracuse downtown. "

2nd news story -- "7 people were shot last night in Syracuse one was in front of Martin Luther King School in Downtown Syracuse.  Police responded to several shooting calls throughout the night including one person shot in the head" 

WTF - somehow this doesnt all add up.....at least in my world. 

Sounds peaceful to me...not!

Next time a "veteran "peace" activist" walks right up to police to confront them, don't shove him.  Arrest him.

And the man is being treated for cancer too.  Is it possible he was looking to be martyred rather than suffer a slow painful death from cancer?  It's called "suicide by cop".  Seems to me he was looking to take out a few cops by becoming a "victim".

I noticed he waded right into an army of police telling everyone to get back, with the riot helmet he brought with him in his hands, rather than on his head.  I find that very telling.

Cops need to learn how the opposition plays this game.  Never lay hands, in the slightest way, on anyone unless they are being placed under arrest or you are defending yourself from attack.  Next time an old fool confronts cops doing their duty, just arrest him.

• Like 1

As far as the. Buffalo incident with the old man , he came to a protest, he violated the curfew in place , and physically touched a cop . Honestly it was a very mild push on the cops part , Ive shoved people much harder while shutting off hydrants they’ve opened in the hood ,then thrown water on me as I shut it off . One guy got knocked on his ass and If he came at me again he’d have ate a hydrant wrench .

its pretty simple dont  touch us and things will be cool, your choice .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1