8 pt takes one through the pump station

BuckTracker

Got my first buck with the bow Sat. afternoon around 4:30!! Been three years in the stand watchin young bucks pass bye and missed opportunities at a few big mature ones.

This is how it all went down..

Got to the woods late so I hunted a stand close to the truck. Put out some Code blue tarsal gland gel on a branch 20 yds in front of stand. Didnt take more than 45 minutes for a buck to suddenly it seemed to appear from out of no where! He came down wind and was right under me at 15 yds sniffing and looking around. He walked up to the branch of CB and then turned left and looked down. I drew back while he was looking down and gave him a mouth grunt to stop him and get a brodside shot! It worked like a charm and the muzzy hit its mark, but I could tell it didnt pass through completely. I was astonished at how quick it all unrolled and the fact I kept my shit together.

Gave him an hour.. found my arrow covered 2/3 in blood with a broken off broadhead (MIA).. Blood good at first on sides of saplings which became more and more sparse as I tracked him. He ended up going bout 100 yds before he expired..due to a split open heart!!!!! then the work began. Took me a good 40 minutes to drag him 100 yds to field edge!! I was spent ... then had to load into the back of the F250 superduty solo... Got him home and couldnt raise him on the hooks like me and the old man can do with a normal doe or buck..it took some drinking thinking!!! I tied a rope to the commercial mower and hoisted him up the rafter that way. We ran the metal detector over his opposite shoulder to discover the broadhead is lodged in it.still. I was very worried about finding it with my hand while i was gutting him.. thank god i didnt.

Had to get my story out and picture of my first ever buck.. and with bow!!

Anyone think I should get the head mount done?? Got a few souls saying i should..

Few Stats: He's got about 7 inch G2s and a 12" inside and 14"outside spread going on

post-1650-0-86740700-1320620414_thumb.jp

Way to go BuckTracker!!..Congratulations on your first Buck with the bow no less!

Really nice sized Buck.Thanks for sharing the details of how it all went down great story. As far as getting it mounted DEFINITELY! I had both my first Bucks taken with rifle and bow mounted, you get to relive the day you took them.

Best of luck in the upcoming rifle season!