New single pin sight

BowmanMike

I bought a used apex covert pro single pin sight today. My first single pin,i hope i like it. This one seems neat since the pin sits on crosshairs and you can dial up the brightness and change color on it. I hope it doesn't take forever to arrive by mail.

I've been using that sight for 3 years now. I'll never go back to a multipin. The only downside is if it raining or snowing the lens can get covered/hard to see through. Put some scope antifog/window wax on there. Love the sight!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I adjust to change pretty well. I like the idea of a smaller pin and for most of my hunting i wont even have to adjust it i think. Set it for 23 or so and i should be good from 10 to 30. I have a 4 pin sight now,but the screws on it are getting rusty and it is entry level sight that is 5 or six years old now. 

I may need some optics at some point,my vision is not improvong and this sight is set up for it.

I have the sight installed and i like it a lot. I was nervous about finding the right tape because my bow is slow with the heavy arrows i am shooting,but there was a match. It was easy to sight in and the sight picture is amazing.

I can follow my arrow through the sight until it hits the target,that was impossible before with my four pin sight. Big improvement. I am curious to see if it will improve my 3d scores. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I adjust to change pretty well. I like the idea of a smaller pin and for most of my hunting i wont even have to adjust it i think. Set it for 23 or so and i should be good from 10 to 30. I have a 4 pin sight now,but the screws on it are getting rusty and it is entry level sight that is 5 or six years old now. 
I may need some optics at some point,my vision is not improvong and this sight is set up for it.

Be sure and get in a stand and shoot a target at inside ten yards, you may want to aim low with the pin at 23. I try to remember to aim where I want it to exit on the real close shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Be sure and get in a stand and shoot a target at inside ten yards, you may want to aim low with the pin at 23. I try to remember to aim where I want it to exit on the real close shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are right,I should. I have not shot real close with this sight. If i remember correctly things don't change much with this bow up close though.

• 2 weeks later...