Got my Euros back

Moho81

Long story short I finally have my first archery deer and first deer with my daughter back from the beetle guy. I was getting pretty nervous for a while but they are home. Now I just have to get them up on the wall.

f3b925f2b9db3703d48422659538b6b5.jpg

aeed4ff904a5abbc8f9deb42c4ae0fc5.jpg

04695e696787b9f4e203f37a4007c7d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 24

I love euros, so what are you planing to use for the plaque’s ? 

I ordered some skull hookers off Amazon. One has a broad head design and one has a rifle cartridge design which fits perfectly for how they where taken.
17c474a4f21c8124d92f320e39a4499b.jpg
c8e1a29f300bc297031c7a9e0fcc160c.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

Look great! What does s/he do to whiten them after the beetles get after it?
Those are sparklingly purty!!!

I have no idea. They have a dusty white powder left on them if that helps at all. He said he took over 300 heads this year which I have a feeling was way to much for him to handle. The head is not as clean as I would have liked but at $50 a head I got what I paid for. I will have to give them a quick clean before putting them up on the wall. 

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

those came out great.  Bookends for the 130"??? That would look good.  Just be sure they arent blocking the big buck from any angle or it may upset Biz

Thought about that but 1. I am not really a big Euro on the wall fan. I only got these done because of the significance of them. 2. My daughter who was with me for the Thanksgiving day 6-pointer wants that one on her wall. I have always refereed that that 6-pointer as her deer as she was the one that spotted it first and pointed it out to me. First time we connected together on a hunt.  

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Well it was long over do but my archery deer from 2019 finally found a home on my wall. As I’ve stated I’m not Huge euro mount guy but the significance of this deer was worth having it done. After this weekends hunt and coming home from work Monday evening the fact that he was not displayed as intended was weighing heavily on me. Before Monday he was just sitting on a shelf in the garage amongst the clutter. Sometime ago I decided I’d put him over my dresser in what is essentially an oversized walk in closet with a bathroom but I never took the time to put him up. Monday I got home from work and before doing anything else I took the time to give him a proper resting place. Now every time I walk in that room I get a little smile on my face. My wife even complimented on how nice it looked in the spot. Maybe this weekend I’ll clean up my dresser and take a better picture of him but for now this will have to do. afb15b31f514791e33ab360601202650.jpg

• Like 5

Well it was long over do but my archery deer from 2019 finally found a home on my wall. As I’ve stated I’m not Huge euro mount guy but the significance of this deer was worth having it done. After this weekends hunt and coming home from work Monday evening the fact that he was not displayed as intended was weighing heavily on me. Before Monday he was just sitting on a shelf in the garage amongst the clutter. Sometime ago I decided I’d put him over my dresser in what is essentially an oversized walk in closet with a bathroom but I never took the time to put him up. Monday I got home from work and before doing anything else I took the time to give him a proper resting place. Now every time I walk in that room I get a little smile on my face. My wife even complimented on how nice it looked in the spot. Maybe this weekend I’ll clean up my dresser and take a better picture of him but for now this will have to do. afb15b31f514791e33ab360601202650.jpg&key=0b4126332633f05ea95b8366afa0c383ffee20c766792b044244f911c7e95e43

Looks awesome!
How is it mounted? How about a picture from the back ?

Looks awesome!
How is it mounted? How about a picture from the back ?

It’s mounted on a skull hooker I got off of Amazon (posted earlier in this thread) it’s fairly adjustable so you can turn the head how you want and tilt it as well. They have a few different designs. As you can see this one is a broad head.
da7b1045d4b1f4423920c152a5541631.jpg

• Like 2