My Dog Needs Loving Home

Although it is breakin' my heart, i must find a new home for my dog Bailey. We adopted her when she was 6 weeks old from a shelter that was going to put her down. I already have two Border Collies and the addition of a third dog has created a situation that is just not working for the dogs or my family. For detailed information on Bailey and the needs that she has please visit my wifes blog at http://notesfromthefunnyfarm.wordpress.com/ or PM or call Dave at (585) 329-5177.

post-1355-0-09640400-1320635110_thumb.jp

post-1355-0-77662800-1320635141_thumb.jp

post-1355-0-30489300-1320635260_thumb.jp

Thanks for everyone who has checked out this post. I have been on vaca. for 9 days and have not been able to hunt because of the work were trying to do to find Bailey a new home. Not complaining about the hunting thing, i just mention it because for those of you that know me, it shows how desperate i am to find a good home for my Puppy. Work starts up again tom. which means i guess she'll be borded unless something comes through today. Thanks again and please let me know if you have any leads on potential owner. http://notesfromthefunnyfarm.wordpress.com is my wifes blog for more info on Bailey and her needs.

post-1355-0-38605100-1320766030_thumb.jp

Edited by dave6x6

Robinson where are you located? My daughters boyfriend is looking for a young dog. He is a great guy and has wanted a dog for quite some time. He had found a stray a couple months ago and posted adds and looked all over for the owner and never found that person. A month goes buy and he is taking the pup for a walk and this car pulls up and says you found my dog we have been looking for him for weeks. The kid was heartbroken. What kind is he and do you have an age. I will pm you with my info give me a call I hope you are not too far out and I will talk to my daughter tonight about it to make sure first. I will see what I can do.

WDSWDR, thanks for responding. She is 11months old. We rescued her from the shelter at six weeks because the previous owner said she was a pit and they put down all pits at this shelter. Well she may have a little pit in her but only in her little block head. We have been told by many dog people that she has to have some retriever in her and some swear she is a Nova Scotian Duck Troller. Sptting image if you look them up. We honestly are just guessing though. We are located in east rochester and would be glad to travel to anyone who is interested. By the way, we are not selling the dog. We will gladly give Bailey to a caring home that will provide her with the love she needs.

post-1355-0-64362000-1320772675_thumb.jp

Thats why I asked What breed she was. I thought she looked like an NSDT myself. I have 3 Dogs myself, A german shorthaired thats my hunting companion then the wife has her Beagle that spoiled rotten and a rescued Lab/german sheppard that was sitting on a concrete floor his whole life in a dog pound. my daughters boyfriend had to have his dog put down in the spring I think it was from old age. We will see what happens here. Looking forward to talking to you later today.

Looks like a Pit mix to me, I would think if it were a Tolling dog some one would be looking for it and it would have came from a breeder that wanted it back. Good looking pup though.

Ya, No she was dropped off at the pound at six weeks by some irresponsible owner who said it was a pit.. We brought it home to keep it from being put down.(policy of Rochester). As she has grown because of here size, markings and other physical characteristics, some have said she must have some Duck Troller in her. The resemblence and demeaner bears the theory out but only god knows. Four Seasons. Thanks for encouragement and have no fear, This dog will live a long and happy life with someone. Bailey is not going down period. Not on my watch!!

LOL, Thanks for lightening the mood a bit. My wife hates when i mention the NSDT thing because we really are just guessing. Don't want to mis-lead any of you die hard duck guys out there...Bailey has probably got a family tree that looks like a bramble bush.. For anyone that has asked or doesn't know, i am located on the east side of Monroe County but would seriously bring the dog anywhere that a potential New owner is located. We currently have feelers out as far away as Wisconsin and California. We met with a nationally known trainer on Sunday and have her working with all her contacts. My wife is very plugged in to the dog community through here dog writting and volenteer work, so every option will be looked into. Even with all this, i am greatful for ya'll doing what you can on your end. Every bit helps.

Are you looking for someone that wants the dog to hunt with.Or wuld you be happy with the dog just having a good home!!

This is NOT a hunting dog. I am not a duck guy and Bailey wouldn't know a duck from a buzzard. This is a stay by mommies side, take me out and play ball, walk in the woods, snuggle up as close as i can on the couch and keep you warm dog. We're looking for a patient, dog saavy, calm hosehold that can take on a 11 month old pup. All of her training has been your basic obedience stuff. This is a picture of how i spend my nights.. She is a real snuggle pup..

post-1355-0-67029600-1320781233_thumb.jp

Dave sorry about not being able to take Bailey. Wish it could of worked out for both you guys, Bailey and ourselves. I will keep weeding through some people I know as well. Keep at it you will find her a perfect home. Nice talking to you on the phone I could just hear the passion in your voice about the dog. She is a good looking pup someone will fit her needs keep the faith.

• Like 1

Keep your head up Dave, something will pull through in time.

Just a quick update and thanks to all those looking for Baileys new home. Yesterday i went back to work and therefore Bailey went to be boarded for the day and night. I picked her up after work and brought her home for the night tonight and then it will be back to boarding tom- until Sat afternoon. The only time we can have her home is when my wife and i are home at the same time. Things are to dangerous for one person to try and keep tabs on all three dogs by them selves. We've been getting offers to help from some local friends but the boarding costs are going to add up fast and so we are still very desperate to finding a good home quickly. We have two potential people interested but have also had offers fall through so were not slowing down the search until something concrete comes through. You guys and gals have been great with the support and spreading the word. Can't thank you enough. Here's Baileys thank you pic..LOL

post-1355-0-11255500-1320976105_thumb.jp

i know you said 2 of the dogs didn't get along but i didn't know it was that bad. I kennel in a separate room is not good enough for now?

Thats pretty much how we have lived for 9 days. Me and Bailey get the downstairs, and mommy is upstairs with the two Border Collies. Bailey is never allowed in the same area as the other dogs. Its just to risky.

Just a quick update. Still no home for Bailey yet. Couple leads this week fell through. One friend of a co-worker looked great because she just lost her ole' timer dog and was feeling lonely, but her job just changed and has to be in Boston a couple times a month so she said maybe down the road when she gets settled in. We do have a local trainer who has volenteered to come to the house once a week for free. Not only to work with Bailey to make sure she is ready for her new owner but to take her out for a few hrs so we can get things done. Have not hunted in 2 weeks. Doesn't look good for opening gun either. Still a bunch of people helping to look so thank you all..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...