My Dog Needs Loving Home

Thanks for asking. Still no new home found for Bailey. Still have not hunted in over 30 days.. We have adjusted our home life with the reality that this may be a long process finding her a home. The reality is that there are thousands of dogs out there in need of a home and even though she is a great dog, it's been tough. There is some new info on the link listed above describing some of Baileys needs, her current situation and what we would love to find in a new family. www.notesfromthefunnyfarm.com . Thanks for all who have been looking and have PM'd with tips and encouragement.

post-1355-0-86489400-1322963433_thumb.jp

Well Sunday will be my first and only day hunting during the regular season this year as long as there are no monkey wrenches thrown in between now and then. My friend has invited my brother and i down to his camp in Allegany County. We'll head down Sat afternoon and have some good grub and some beers and probably a Manhatten or two. (Camp tradition) We have some things we need to finalize in preparation for our Mulie hunt in Colorodo so we'll take care of that Sat night and then hunt Sunday. My friends 400 acres has some great deer on it and also a big bear so needless to say i'm excited to take the 30-06 out to play. So Bailey will be going to the boarders for the weekend to give my wife a much deserved break from me and the dog drama. And i will spend a weekend with good friends and family at camp.. Thanks to all who have PM'ed or checked on Bailey this week especially Skillet for his offer..

can you send me info on bailey . how big is she?

Cynthia, Thanks for asking. I will try to get the latest link that we have out there discribing Bailey and what were hoping to find for her, but i probably won't have it until Mon. But in responce to you question, she is about 11 months old and weighs about 38 pounds. The vet does not expect her to get any bigger. She is about the size of a Beagle i guess. Some of the pics make her look bigger because of her "baby Block head". LOL

• 2 weeks later...

My dog (Red) is a mixed breed that has caught on super fast to be my Deer Search dog and my wife and I have talked about a second dog to keep Red company. You know the saying a lone dog is a lonly dog. We'll I read through this thread but can't find who the trouble maker is from the three. Is it Baily starting things or the other two defending home and not wanting a new comer? Baily looks like she has some energy, which were fine with, Red we think may have some greyhound or wippit in he so we know energy. My main concern is the temperment of Baily, Red is a very submissive dog that also came from a shelter / foster home. Let me know, thanks

Scobar. Thanks for asking about Bailey. I have to admit that it is really hard to describe Bailey and our situation in this forum setting only because it is a long and complicated story. I will PM you my wife's e-mail and give you her Phone # so she can talk to you in greater detail. In short, the answer to your question is that Bailey is not the instigator but as our trainers have told us many time, Baiey is very reactionary or quik to react. She is not what i would concider high energy. But she has moments of manic excitement. (like when i come home or mommy leaves) In the two months since we have been keeping the dogs seperated, she has been the perfect family dog. Bandit and her just cant stand to breathe the same air together.LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Dtg and others, Thanks for asking. Wish i had good news but today only sadness.. After battling cancer for 9 months, my wife and i had to put our Border Collie "Scout" down on Friday. He was a trooper and surprised all the Dr.s who gave him 4-6 weeks back in March. Well he was here right through the new year and was in great shape until this past week when things turned quickly. He was only 5 yrs. old and we called him "the good dog" lol . He was an amazing, loyal, sweet dog and my wife is crushed.. me too.. So now its just Bailey and Bandit. AKA - Ali and Frazier. Batman and the Joker, left at home and things are a bit odd without Scout. Bandit was always protecting Scout so now he has been a bit more mellow. And when Scout was sick, he got most of the attention in the house, which drove Bailey nuts so she has been much better also. She actually has been doing great lately and we have a person in Ohio that may be interested in her but nothing concrete has been discussed. In the meantime we are just going forward with the hopes of finding a great owner but also being realistic in that we may never find one. As great a dog as she is, she's still only one of thousands out there that need a home. This week we went to the Dodge dealership and Bailey decided she liked the red truck the best.. Good dog!! Also here is Scout, Bandit and Bailey. left-right

post-1355-0-43231100-1325990805_thumb.jp

post-1355-0-83699000-1325990836_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, i thinks it's too late for her to grow on me.. The two of us are linked at the hip. She is definetly Daddy's girl. We would let her go still but we've said that the situation has to be perfect or we'll just keep her. Still very tough here at home with the two dogs but we've been working hard to get them to be friends. Not even close yet but much better than over the winter.

post-1355-0-47888400-1337042690_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Robinson, kinda surprised that we haven't found a new owner. I have a flyer at work with probably 30 pull tabs with our phone # and the thing is picked clean but only a couple calls. Had one yesterday but the lady has never owned a dog and has kids she wants to give a dog to. We didn't think Bailey would be right for that situation and suggested she try to adopt an older, more mellow dog from the shelter or something. With Baileys issues, we felt a more dog savy owner would be needed, or at least someone who would be willing to keep up with her training. We just finished a 6 week class and she was clearly the star of the class. She is so smart and picks up on the training very easy. The other 6 dogs in the class didn't have a clue.. anyway, thanks for asking and we'll keep looking. Here's Bailey at camp..

post-1355-0-75751100-1338500332_thumb.jp