Hogue Freedom Fighter fixed mag

https://www.hogueinc.com/tactical-rifles/ar-15-m16/freedomfighter/ar-15-m16-freedom-fighter-fixed-magazine-conversion-kit-includes-drill-jig-2-drills-and-3-spring-pin-with-assemblies

I just came across this and was wondering if anyone has used this to make their gun compliant with the safe act. Seems like a nice alternative to a pinned mag. 

Edited by NonTypical

https://www.hogueinc.com/tactical-rifles/ar-15-m16/freedomfighter/ar-15-m16-freedom-fighter-fixed-magazine-conversion-kit-includes-drill-jig-2-drills-and-3-spring-pin-with-assemblies
I just came across this and was wondering if anyone has used this to make their gun compliant with the safe act. Seems like a nice alternative to a pinned mag. 

Seems like you could use the AR maglock system for a lot less work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Where does the law say "except when it's broken apart"? 

It's "no longer a functioning firearm" (where does the law say that as well?) right off the bat, it's empty, if it were functional you wouldn't be reloading it. :D   

Basically this modification changes the gun from having to push one button to drop the mag, to pushing two buttons to drop the mag.  I don't think I'd risk my freedom, future, home and meager life savings on the legal advice of some guy in a Brownells ad.  

Laws should be taking in their strictest interpitation , as read by your worst enemy. 

7 hours ago, Chef said:

Seems like you could use the AR maglock system for a lot less work

I wasn’t familiar with that until now. Do you use one? I wasn’t able to find a definitive answer online, but will the use of either one make them compliant with the safe act? The Maglock sure seems like the easier way to go. 

Where does the law say "except when it's broken apart"? 
It's "no longer a functioning firearm" (where does the law say that as well?) right off the bat, it's empty, if it were functional you wouldn't be reloading it.    
Basically this modification changes the gun from having to push one button to drop the mag, to pushing two buttons to drop the mag.  I don't think I'd risk my freedom, future, home and meager life savings on the legal advice of some guy in a Brownells ad.  
Laws should be taking in their strictest interpitation , as read by your worst enemy. 

Ii disagree, it is no longer a semi auto fire arm
When broken open. Which makes it legal

I wasn’t familiar with that until now. Do you use one? I wasn’t able to find a definitive answer online, but will the use of either one make them compliant with the safe act? The Maglock sure seems like the easier way to go. 

I do use them yes. I will say all of these devices are grey areas. I am comfortable with that others here are not