So if the mob comes to your street or town, what do yo do?

ApexerER

I live just outside Saratoga, a left wing town in the middle of a mostly red county. My daughter and wife went to target and went through Saratoga and said that there were tons of protesters with signs, some right out in the street. Got me thinking, what do you do if the riots start where you live. 

Do you pack up and bug out? 

Hunker down and hope they leave your property alone?

Gear up and stand on your porch armed and ready?

Gear up and stay hunkered down in your house? 

Arm your neighbors?

Are you prepared if people start throwing bricks at your house? What if its an explosive cocktail?

Is throwing bricks a deadly act? 

This world is really becoming disgusting......

I'd be outside, with my AR, and a couple other weapons on full display, on my body. I think that mostly just seeing I'd be no pushover, or easy pickings, would be all the deterrent I'd need.

But make no mistake, I'll always do whatever I need to do, to protect my family, and what I've worked my whole life for.

You can come and try to take it, or harm my family. But not without a fight. The US Constitution still gives me that right. Even in NY.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Honestly I think id go out on the front porch and fire a shot in the air. Im no tough guy but I think that would deter anyone from coming up the walk

what angle do you shoot? I would hate to see you fire straight up only to wait and never hear it land as it comes back down through cranium. 

On a serious note, in the mid 90's a NYPD Detective got drunk at a bar on the lake.  The one i tried to take you to. Anyway, once he drunk he fired off a few shots from his handgun out into the lake. One of the bullets traveled into someone's house and hit a teenage girl in the leg somehow.

I am a 2nd amendment guy . I would do what it takes  to defend me or mine . I use to have similar  ideas of what I would do in certain  situations .  As a responsible  gun owner one should research the laws  governing self defence .  Defence of property .

In the end it will be decided  by a jury of your peers. This day and age  I  dont think I would trust my so  called peers.

That's criminal court .... civil court is worse from what I understand . You can win in criminal court and lose everything in civil court .

I'm not saying anybody's  opinion is wrong . Everybody has to do what they believe is right. 

Remember  everything you say and do long before and after will be scrutinized including social media posts.

For what it's worth.. You may believe the truth is on your side . It's the police job to get information... to make the case . It's the DA job to take all the information to court to prosecute.  In that case ... the word lawyer  in the beginning  is the smartest move . Never make the mistake to believe  the police are on your side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

what angle do you shoot? I would hate to see you fire straight up only to wait and never hear it land as it comes back down through cranium. 

On a serious note, in the mid 90's a NYPD Detective got drunk at a bar on the lake.  The one i tried to take you to. Anyway, once he drunk he fired off a few shots from his handgun out into the lake. One of the bullets traveled into someone's house and hit a teenage girl in the leg somehow.

Duck loads, I have had plenty of it rain down on me at the Perch River

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I'd be outside, with my AR, and a couple other weapons on full display, on my body. I think that mostly just seeing I'd be no pushover, or easy pickings, would be all the deterrent I'd need.

But make no mistake, I'll always do whatever I need to do, to protect my family, and what I've worked my whole life for.

You can come and try to take it, or harm my family. But not without a fight. The US Constitution still gives me that right. Even in NY.

Well said!

22 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I am a 2nd amendment guy . I would do what it takes  to defend me or mine . I use to have similar  ideas of what I would do in certain  situations .  As a responsible  gun owner one should research the laws  governing self defence .  Defence of property .

In the end it will be decided  by a jury of your peers. This day and age  I  dont think I would trust my so  called peers.

That's criminal court .... civil court is worse from what I understand . You can win in criminal court and lose everything in civil court .

I'm not saying anybody's  opinion is wrong . Everybody has to do what they believe is right. 

Remember  everything you say and do long before and after will be scrutinized including social media posts.

For what it's worth.. You may believe the truth is on your side . It's the police job to get information... to make the case . It's the DA job to take all the information to court to prosecute.  In that case ... the word lawyer  in the beginning  is the smartest move . Never make the mistake to believe  the police are on your side. 

Speaking only for myself. If the scumbags out there, just leave me alone, there will never, ever be a problem. For me, or for them. Legal or otherwise. I hope and pray, it never comes to that.

• Like 3

Well that was pretty much the rumors here Sunday night .Cops ( I was listening to their radio traffic ) had routes in covered pretty well , stopping vehicles due to curfew. Lots of online rumors and many false radio calls, but it was enough to keep us somewhat on edge . Like groups forming near me , again false call .

Guy nextdoor AR15 , 30 round mags, and a 12 ga, guy next to, him 9mm , guy across the street to much to list ,all, texting each other , all staying inside .

Unless they’re trying to get in or burn down ,or some other extenuating circumstances ,I’ll be inside , If I had to go,out I’d be on my roof with a rifle and a stack of 30 round 300 BLK mags ,although a couple shots from a few homes and they’ll be running like rabbits .

Not sure if I,posted this before ,gun shop just a bit out of city . Don’t get all sacred,  they have class III lic.

I want to be the guy who carries the roster !

C385497C-B35F-4871-A512-2F53072AF44E.jpeg

• Like 4

I would go out with my compound bow and threaten the crowd like that one smart cookie did. I had better re-watch some of those Lars something videos,the speed archer.

On a more serious note,my house is too far of a hike for any mob. This would have to be a destination,and if thats the case i probably deserve it.

• Like 1

I remember during the riots in 1964 , I asked a Sheriff's deputy that if someone was on my porch breaking into my home would it be legal to shoot him . He said , "if you shoot him , don't leave him on the porch , drag his butt inside" ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

For starters bring everything inside they could throw . Guns would essentially be useless against the size of some of these groups they are showing on the news , you'll  get a couple before they over take you.

That's what 30 round mags are for. 

• Like 1

Well if they could actually find me and make it up the hill, I would be sitting on the porch with a few hand guns , and rifles, just inside would be more arms . Then a few swords I own. I may not get them all but many many many would go down with me. Bonus living in middle of nowhere i shoot a lot and do not miss much. My house was designed where I can fight room to room if need be. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

For starters bring everything inside they could throw . Guns would essentially be useless against the size of some of these groups they are showing on the news , you'll  get a couple before they over take you.

You'd only have to shoot one of them....

• Like 2

i have never seen where residential areas are a concern with riots such as is occuring. That said, dont do or have anything that is going to bring undue attention to you/ your home. Keep your car away from the road. If times were really....crazy, I would probably put plywood over our front windows. I have always kept a few sheets for severe weather fast repairs...windows, trees through roofs, etc. 

"That said, NY self defense law pretty clearly states that you are obligated to retreat if retreat is possible, except for inside your home. I forget the exact distance to be constituted a threat, but if I remember correctly is is 3 feet.  I may be armed outside my home, but be prepared to retreat to my door...dont cross it. 

That said, if I have anything to worry about in my small town, its more likely due to a martian invasion., and other than being aware of current events, I have very low concern for the current social unrest developing past where it is.