So if the mob comes to your street or town, what do yo do?

ApexerER

I'm just NW of the city across the Hudson, blue collar LEO family towns, so I'm praying for the looters to be smart and not come up here to loot or cause mayhem.

I not looking for a fight, but the criminals should be well aware by now that their actions aren't going to be tolerated outside of the city.

I'm really more worried about one of the thousands of untrained yo yo's that have bought a firearm in the last few months shooting themselves in the foot or someone else unintentionally, than being attacked by a mob.

SJC

As I've said before I own a couple pre paid phone stores. The company had us shutdown early today, fifteen to twenty stores in the city and Newark had looting the last couple days. I tried to order 80 phones today and only recieved twenty do to the other stores stock needed to be replenished. 

I hope Newburgh makes out okay because there are some tough neighborhoods downtown. The shame is many of these stores are owned by minorities. The other shame is pretending this is all because of a man losing his life. Change needs to happen but looting and rioting promotes racism simple as that.

From my NYPD buddy:

The NYPD just canceled every regular day off for every officer. Minimum 12hr days, 7 days a week. Until further notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same for a few Westchester PD towns. Another friend is a NYFD and said last night in the Bronx where he is stationed was like a war zone...radio calling them in every direction at once.

Town where I teach had a “vigil” last night- perfectly peaceful and nicely done- although I didn’t recognize (via FB pics-I was too busy driving home from Roscoe to attend) more than a handful of the attendees in a small town I’ve lived around for 40+ years. THAT experience makes people want to make better change.

Looting and arson...sort of drives home archaic stereotypes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The military uses a little device called ADS ,i wonder how the criminals would like that . 

It would be pretty handy if we could get  "domestic use" models....When there is no rioting occurring, we could use it to grill our hot dogs...

I'm just NW of the city across the Hudson, blue collar LEO family towns, so I'm praying for the looters to be smart and not come up here to loot or cause mayhem.
I not looking for a fight, but the criminals should be well aware by now that their actions aren't going to be tolerated outside of the city.
I'm really more worried about one of the thousands of untrained yo yo's that have bought a firearm in the last few months shooting themselves in the foot or someone else unintentionally, than being attacked by a mob.
SJC

You live in pearl river ?

They were suppose to have a peaceful protest near my today but it got cancelled at the last minute due to rain.  Several people arrived not realizing it was cancelled so I saw some random people walking around.  My son wanted to frozen yogurt so I took him out to get some.  In the shop there was two Black individuals.  Gym shorts that were sagging, wife beater with some stains on it, and Timberland boots.  They were nice and cordial.  Smiled.  Asked about the yogurt and how the process worked, paid for their treats and left.  They look like they came into the neighborhood looking to participate in the protest and was disappointed that it got cancelled.  In the corner, I see two white nerdy looking teenagers.  Black combat boots, black cargo SWAT pants, black t-shirt.  Looking bored and pissed off.  I stared them down.  They look like they came into the neighborhood to start some shit and was disappointed there wasn't any shit to start.

• Like 1

Finally a LEO says it like it should be:

I get it but he also may have just set up some of his citizens for big trouble...one overzealous homeowner who knocks down a thug for just walking near his front door will not stand a chance in hell for using deadly force against a looter with a stick or a brick or anything else(with the exception of a fire arm).

I get protect you and yours but the law is truly not on the side of gun owners.

They were suppose to have a peaceful protest near my today but it got cancelled at the last minute due to rain.  Several people arrived not realizing it was cancelled so I saw some random people walking around.  My son wanted to frozen yogurt so I took him out to get some.  In the shop there was two Black individuals.  Gym shorts that were sagging, wife beater with some stains on it, and Timberland boots.  They were nice and cordial.  Smiled.  Asked about the yogurt and how the process worked, paid for their treats and left.  They look like they came into the neighborhood looking to participate in the protest and was disappointed that it got cancelled.  In the corner, I see two white nerdy looking teenagers.  Black combat boots, black cargo SWAT pants, black t-shirt.  Looking bored and pissed off.  I stared them down.  They look like they came into the neighborhood to start some shit and was disappointed there wasn't any shit to start.

Elmo...my friend! I shook hands with you, broke bread, shared a toast or 12....please don’t put yourself in that position (“stared them down”) especially with your kid in tow. Just too many unstable sociopaths looking for a beef that I would hate to see you wrapped up in.
Cheers...GTG at Biz’s pool soon- Chef is bringing a fawn to grill...don’t tell Jerky!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chef said:

You live in pearl river ?

Blauvelt now, but my dad moved us up to Nanuet in 69, after the NYPD let it's officers live outside of the city limits.

My grandfather lived in Pearl River since the mid 50's and we always joked how it's called the town of friendly people, as long as your a cop, fireman or con ed !

Rockland is a target for that reason, but it's also a very well armed populous, with very well funded PD's and Sheriff dept.

Blauvelt now, but my dad moved us up to Nanuet in 69, after the NYPD let it's officers live outside of the city limits.
My grandfather lived in Pearl River since the mid 50's and we always joked how it's called the town of friendly people, as long as your a cop, fireman or con ed !
Rockland is a target for that reason, but it's also a very well armed populous, with very well funded PD's and Sheriff dept.

Yea man I get it I’m on the border of west nyack and new city. I bet we know a few of the same people. I have friends like went to tappan zee HS and have been active in the rockland community for years

Yea man I get it I’m on the border of west nyack and new city. I bet we know a few of the same people. I have friends like went to tappan zee HS and have been active in the rockland community for years

My sister is in Blauvelt! Niece and nephew both graduated from Mario Cuomo HS(formerly known as TZ!).
Baileys Smokehouse makes a pretty wicked burger and an amazing corn soufflé!

My sister is in Blauvelt! Niece and nephew both graduated from Mario Cuomo HS(formerly known as TZ!).
Baileys Smokehouse makes a pretty wicked burger and an amazing corn soufflé!

That they do! I’m always down for some good BBQ

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Elmo...my friend! I shook hands with you, broke bread, shared a toast or 12....please don’t put yourself in that position (“stared them down”) especially with your kid in tow. Just too many unstable sociopaths looking for a beef that I would hate to see you wrapped up in.
Cheers...GTG at Biz’s pool soon- Chef is bringing a fawn to grill...don’t tell Jerky!

Thanks for the concern.  I wasn't going to go drastic.  But I figured these antifa kids aren't very bold if they're not hiding behind a large mob and I figured correctly here.

• Like 1

I’m from Pear River, too. I lived on Crooked HIll Rd for MANY years. Went to St Anthony’s and Albertus Magnus. Small world. Still have cousins on Center St and in West Nyack. 

I live less than a mile from magnus off of Strawtown road

38 minutes ago, left field said:

What if the mob has matching uniforms and is "ordering" you off your porch?

If I lived in one of the areas the low life scum is rioting, destroying property, ruining people's lives and businesses I would not only be glad to see them I would be cheering them on and obeying their orders.

Al

1 hour ago, left field said:

To me that looks like an average suburban street and not a riot area. 

Just curious if people would obey that “lawful” order and vacate their porch. 

Like how they obeyed the lawful order of wearing masks and keeping social distances?