New Guy From New Hampshire

SportsmanNH

Hi Everyone !

Chris here from Southern NH.  I may be new here but certainly not new to hunting . Started out tagging along with my Dad and my Grandfather when I was 6 years old and on my own since I was 10 . That was 53 years ago and have loved every day in the woods since then. I have never hunted NY or Penn but know plenty of people that do.

How I found this site was doing a search on a certain firearm . I will post about that firearm eventually. But for now I want to congratulate each and every one of you that contribute to this site. I have never laughed so hard going through your Political Humor thread . That is absolutely hysterical . Thumbs up to everyone posting on that one.

Im sure there are a few guys on this site that frequent some other sites I am a member of. I always keep the same user name no matter which site I join. You guys really have a great site here. Lots of great posts on every subject. 

I hunt mostly Maine and New Hampshire now , although at one time when I lived in Vermont I would deer hunt Maine , NH and VT religiously every year.

I hope to be a good contributor to your site from time to time . Thanks for having me ! 

• Like 10

Welcome aboard.

My son and I have hunted Maine quite a bit too. We scored a moose tag a few years ago, ended up with a cow on the final day. Friend had a camp in Topsfield where we deer hunted. My brother found his wife in NH 50 some year's back!

You'll enjoy the forum.

I'm pretty sure deer numbers here in NY are better than NH. I had a good friend move to the Exceter NH area from NY years ago and he was very disappointed at the areas deer hunting. I know some won't agree, but NY is a great state with beautiful wilderness, mountains, varying terrain. Excellent hunting opportunities. Taxes are high but probably not much different from NH. Good luck and welcome to NY.

On 6/7/2020 at 12:30 PM, Gobbler Chaser said:

I'm pretty sure deer numbers here in NY are better than NH. I had a good friend move to the Exceter NH area from NY years ago and he was very disappointed at the areas deer hunting. I know some won't agree, but NY is a great state with beautiful wilderness, mountains, varying terrain. Excellent hunting opportunities. Taxes are high but probably not much different from NH. Good luck and welcome to NY.

I don't think NH has an income tax. So in that regard at least, it beats NY.