Delaware County Allowed A Mass Protest on 6/6/20

First let me say I applaud Delhi Police Chief Mill's support of the Constitutional rights he took an oath to defend, and agree with his decision to allow the protest in Delhi on 6/6/20.  I went to the courthouse at 1:30 PM that day and stayed down the block at a safe distance to see the event.  

I saw hundreds of people on the square, none of whom were keeping 6 feet away from others, many with no masks, handing signs and other things from person to person, no hand washing or sanitizers being used, none of the things we have all been mandated by our state government to do for two months to protect each other from the spread of a virus that has caused a pandemic.

This made me wonder why this protest was allowed to take place, when many other everyday events are not allowed.  If any other gathering of a similar nature was currently occurring in the state of NY, the government would step in and order people to disperse under threat of arrest.  I certainly don't support such government oppression and it led me to question why it would happen.

Under NY state's COVID-19 lock down mandate, we must not be within 6 feet of others in public places, must wear masks, can't freely circulate unless deemed essential by the state, attend graduations, church services, funerals, comfort dying relatives in the hospital that are COVID-19 positive, get a haircut, open our non-essential business, work at our non-essential jobs, go to a park, movie theater or restaurant, or generally exercise many of our Constitutional rights without fear of government retaliation, some forms of which are very severe.

These restrictions have killed the stock market and many retiree's life savings invested in it, ruined the country's economy, caused massive unemployment, increased rates of suicide and drug abuse, vastly increased the National Debt, put many small and large businesses out of business, caused many people to permanently lose their jobs, caused the states to lose billions from all of their tax revenue streams (that they will be coming for in the future to the detriment of all tax payers), caused citizens to allow the largest government power grab to occur in the entire history of the country, caused huge distrust of government, irreparable political polarization and major psychological stress for the entire electorate.

Citizens voluntarily allowed the government to infringe on all of their Constitutional rights in the belief they were fighting an invisible enemy that had to be conquered.  I wonder now if that was all for nothing, since Saturday's event didn't comply with that ideology, or was the lock down the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the citizens of the United States to infringe on all of their rights.

If we still have a Constitutional right to protest en masse, especially supporting a dubious idea that is not supported by any analytical, scientific or statistical database, in spite of the current pandemic that supposedly threatens all of our lives, why have we been denied all of our other Constitutional rights to live as free citizens for the past two months, to the detriment of the entire country?

After Saturday's event on the Delaware County Square, we are either going to realize the virus has never been a threat and all of our sacrifices were because of a scam, or we are about to see Delaware County become the next big virus hot spot in NY state. 

Either way, we will be made to suffer.
  • Like 3

You’re like the Storm of Delaware County - show up at the GTG but stay in the parking lot taking notes on everyone. Damn, man. It was a beautiful day yesterday and you had nothing better to do than sit in your car and spy on people just to collect evidence for your continued one-note diatribes? Do you secretly work for OANN? 

Here are some random shots of the event taken by friends. Note that no one was clumped together and everyone wore a mask. If you were truly there you would have also noticed the street marked with places to stand that allowed for social distancing. From the organisers: 

**PLEASE WEAR A MASK & PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. 
We will meet at the Courthouse Square at 1pm for brief remarks. Following, we’ll disperse to marked points along Main St., which will provide the recommended 6ft social distancing to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Also, this social distancing measure will spread our messages down the length of Main St.

99BDF92B-8E38-4ACF-BCC6-96512C93A174.thumb.jpeg.0269c2b1c8a80e1d8fdbcf2fd464528f.jpeg658BA5EC-6E53-4386-B7A1-E0D25AD8B31A.thumb.jpeg.c9af862a92047088f638220b308b37ba.jpeg04B6CCF2-57AE-4E09-A911-98B9F3B9FBA1.thumb.jpeg.1ac301c53b9a7ca5a76343e489e207b9.jpeg95A4BBCF-F71B-44D9-9417-996309C13C81.thumb.jpeg.af9d32366ce7bb5a3b0efb9b09fff378.jpeg

• Like 2

I only stopped to observe the event in passing, having far too much to do.  I pass by the square every day.  I'm almost 65 years old now and not going to enter any area where people are taking a chance of getting the virus because too many of them were not following any of the guidelines to prevent it.  Not to mention the fact I do not agree with the premise of the protest to begin with.

I was there.  I saw what was going on and I stand by what I posted.  At 1:30 PM everyone was tightly gathered in front of the bandstand trying to hear the speakers on the platform.  These pictures must have been screened in advance to put a good face on the event, because what I saw going on there was very different.  I hope someone else took some pictures of the event when it was in full swing, because it was far from what these pics show.  You can also tell from the long shadows in the pics they were obviously taken around 3PM, which is when the event ended and most had already left the square to stand on the street.

The entire issue is one of selective enforcement of the lock down.  I mentioned all of the sacrifices forced on everyone by the government based on essential vs. non-essential activity.  Then I see the government allowing what has to be the least essential, and most politically partisan thing, I can imagine at this particular time.  It makes the entire lock down strategy look like a joke.  It's quite obvious the government is now dictating which rights can be exercised and which cannot.

This protest took place right in front of a church that is still not allowed to open to have services using the same preventative measures allowed at this protest.  I wonder if a permit would be approved to hold a Trump rally on the square next Saturday.

I have to say, I'm not surprised to see so many people in this county supporting a leftist agenda item that has no basis in fact, analysis, scientific data or statistics and has been proven false by many experts for many years.  Just proves these folks believe what they are told to believe and cannot think for themselves, including whether it would be safe to have such a protest.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 3

Last weekend more Than 80 Shot, 21 Fatally, as Chicago Sees One of Its Most Violent Weekends So Far, and this is just Chicago mind you!

What will be the results from this weekend?

Where are the protests? Main stream media does not touch it.

Hypocrisy on Steroids!

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

Thanks Rattler. As always, well thought out and articulated. 

Thanks to Airedale as well. Next to Washington DC, Chicago is probably the most dangerous place in our great country. 

Why do so many people want to ignore what is going on? Whats worse, why do they want to perpetuate it?

#KEEPAMERICAGREAT

• Like 1

It doesn’t take long after listening to the demands of Black Lives Matter activists to realize that BLM’s primary goal is not the protection and betterment of black Americans but rather the promotion of radical leftist politics. Furthermore, if you follow the money, it becomes apparent that BLM is little other than a Democrat fundraising operation masquerading as a black civil-rights movement.

BLM’s donation page is hosted by ActBlue Charities, a Democrat political action committee that collects and distributes donations to various Democrats. Ironically, ActBlue funnels the lion’s share of those donations to white Democrat candidates. In fact, the top four individuals receiving money from ActBlue were Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, and Pete Buttigieg. Put another way, rich white Democrats are directly profiting from sowing racial discord among poor blacks. Is it any wonder that Democrat-run cities have done nothing to better the lives of their black constituents? Elected Democrats see those residents as a cash cow to be milked every election season.

Thomas Gallatin · Jun. 12, 2020

• Like 1

A counter-protester at the “Honoring Black Lives” rally is claiming mistreatment during his Saturday appearance at the demonstration in Delhi.

Cormier, an assistant professor of liberal arts and sciences who teaches introductory psychology at SUNY Delhi, said he’s not a racist.

“Despite its intentions, the Black Lives Matter movement is harming black people,” Cormier told The Daily Star on Wednesday. “It’s devolved into a hateful, anti-police frenzy where the community chases out cops and a natural, significant spike in crimes occurs. Communities are subjected to increased drug deals and violence — those are the unintended, paradoxical consequences.”

“I thought I would get overrun and my daughter would get hurt. I really felt that our lives were in absolute danger,” Cormier continued. “You could feel the seething hatred — they wanted to attack and to kill me. You could tell.”

As he was leaving, Cormier said a “group of girls” walking in the opposite direction “rushed up behind” him after they passed, punching him in the head and hitting him in the back.

https://www.thedailystar.com/news/local_news/delhi-counter-protester-im-not-a-racist-monster/article_41d6bd9f-7142-5262-b4df-662d2ec0dd4e.html

I'm confused. Are you posting this to show what a lying, idiotic and fragile little snowflake Cormier is? Or to show his questionable parenting skills for dragging his clearly doesn't-want-to-be-there pre teen daughter into his counter protest? Are you Cormier?

Everything he says was denied by the cops there. Or are they "in on it" too?

Edited by left field

3 hours ago, left field said:

I'm confused. Are you posting this to show what a lying, idiotic and fragile little snowflake Cormier is? Or to show his questionable parenting skills for dragging his clearly doesn't-want-to-be-there pre teen daughter into his counter protest? Are you Cormier?

Everything he says was denied by the cops there. Or are they "in on it" too?

Maybe I posted it to show how judgemental and intolerant leftists are, since they refused to have a dialog about an opposing viewpoint from an educated, professional individual who challenged their narrative and carried a sign inviting them to do so.  Maybe I did it in the interest of full disclosure.  Maybe I did it to see who would resort to calling him names rather then refuting his claims, which people do when they can't refute them.  Maybe I wanted people to know leftists will target you, try to get you fired and have DSS investigate taking your children away from you for saying the Emperor has no clothes.  Maybe I wanted people to question If SUNY Delhi is an expensive conformity mill.  Maybe I wanted to show how leftists will resort to, and justify violence, when they are challenged.  Maybe I wanted others to question if the police, who supported the mass protest during a pandemic, did their job or failed to do so.  Maybe I just wanted to see who I could get a rise out of on here to further clarify who is a leftist.  Maybe all of the above.  Maybe I am Cormier.  Maybe I am Santa Claus.  Maybe the protest was a bad idea and this is just more evidence that it was.  Maybe, just maybe, I like the word maybe.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rattler

10 hours ago, Rattler said:

Stuff ...

Maybe. But then again, maybe you’re just full of it. 

Per that article, everything he claims is refuted by the police  

Cormier: “They called the police on me!” 
Police: “No one called us.”

Cormier: “I was attacked!”
Police: “No proof of that.”

Cormier: “You could feel the seething hatred — they wanted to attack and to kill me. You could tell.”

Police: “There wasn’t very much animosity that I saw,”

Cormier: “I couldn’t escape. The police had to extricate us. I left because I didn’t want to be victimized.” “The police were completely unprepared for this. The cops pulled us out but were not able to accompany us down the street.”

Police: “I don’t think we extricated him. “He left on his own.”

The three pictures of him and his daughter I’ve seen show her with head down and arms crossed. She is clearly uncomfortable. This guy is an idiot for bringing his daughter to a demonstration where he tried to instigate a reaction from the peaceful protestors (he upped the game when he threatened to hit them) which could have put her in harm’s way. 

Father of the year.

So the story seems to be that a peaceful protest happened with people all wearing masks and more or less practicing social distancing when an idiot instigator (professional?) showed up to cause shit and then when he didn’t get the reaction he wanted, made up a bunch of nonsense that was refuted in totality by the Chief of Police who was in attendance. Oh, and neither he nor his daughter wore a mask. 

Again, I don’t think this article is helping your point whatever it is.

On another fun note, I spent the afternoon with an Andes (your area) sheep farmer who is running 125 ewes with lambs across their fields. I asked how many they lose to coyotes per year and they says none. They see a coyote once in a while but the coyotes seem to be freaked out by the sheep and quickly head back into the woods.

You didn't mention anything about the people who supported the protest going after the man's job and calling DSS on him for having the audacity to try and start a dialog with them.  Isn't that a free speech issue?  Should there be such action taken to squash free speech?  Isn't that a bit "intolerant"?  What happened to disagreeing with an opinion, but defending a person's right to speak it?

Of course everything about this issue favors the mob.  After all, it's about mob rule.

I have no issue with his protest. I do think he’s a liar and needs to be called out on his bullshit, especially if he threatened to hurt people as he admitted doing.

A petition was started to review his behaviour in class. Apparently, he’s a delicate snowflake with a huge ice chip on his shoulder (plus a persecution complex) and lectures on how no one has it harder than the straight white male. 

Based on his comments and behaviour in that article I wouldn’t want him lecturing my kids. Not because I don’t believe in contrary views, but because he seems like an idiot. If I met someone at a party who said: “Only stupid people are racist.” “My title is ‘doctor.’ I’m not stupid.” I’d politely excuse myself and go stand on the other side of the room. 

There’s no mention of CSS being called in that article. Do you have evidence of that or are you just making it up like everything else in this thread? 

Every thing this guy said happened was denied by the Chief of Police. Why do you ignore that? Or do you think this cop is lying? 

She was talking about coyotes over the past decade. And as it was shown in multiple studies, hunters have little effect on coyote population your efforts this year were negligible. The conclusion therefore is that coyotes just aren’t a problem in Delaware. You may want to go back and delete some posts.  

Well, in about 4 more days we may find out if we see a spike in positive virus cases in the county.  Then we will find out if the idiots were the protesters or everyone who believed the government about the need for the lock down.

And if we defund a lot of police departments, in time we will see if he was right about the effects that will have on black lives in defunded police areas.

I have no issue with his protest. I do think he’s a liar and needs to be called out on his bullshit, especially if he threatened to hurt people as he admitted doing.
A petition was started to review his behaviour in class. Apparently, he’s a delicate snowflake with a huge ice chip on his shoulder (plus a persecution complex) and lectures on how no one has it harder than the straight white male. 
Based on his comments and behaviour in that article I wouldn’t want him lecturing my kids. Not because I don’t believe in contrary views, but because he seems like an idiot. If I met someone at a party who said: “Only stupid people are racist.” “My title is ‘doctor.’ I’m not stupid.” I’d politely excuse myself and go stand on the other side of the room. 
There’s no mention of CSS being called in that article. Do you have evidence of that or are you just making it up like everything else in this thread? 
Every thing this guy said happened was denied by the Chief of Police. Why do you ignore that? Or do you think this cop is lying? 
She was talking about coyotes over the past decade. And as it was shown in multiple studies, hunters have little effect on coyote population your efforts this year were negligible. The conclusion therefore is that coyotes just aren’t a problem in Delaware. You may want to go back and delete some posts.  

Hey leftie-good questions but you will not get an answer from Ratt. They were too good of question and the answer will not support his one sided view so be ready for a topic change.....oops that happened already.
For your listening pleasure...synonymous with what you must experience in a dialogue with Ratt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't get a reply from me because it would be futile to try to discuss facts with someone basking in their ignorance because it gives them a sense of moral superiority.  

Besides the subject wasn't changed.  It's back to where it began in the OP.

A protest was allowed during a pandemic with a forced lock down.  Nothing else like it would be allowed, but nobody seems to think that is weird.  I just wish all of these aging hippies would grow up already and realize their protests don't amount to anything other than divided communities.

Edited by Rattler

He didn't get a reply from me because it would be futile to try to discuss facts with someone basking in their ignorance because it gives them a sense of moral superiority.  
Besides the subject wasn't changed.  It's back to where it began in the OP.
A protest was allowed during a pandemic with a forced lock down.  Nothing else like it would be allowed, but nobody seems to think that is weird.  I just wish all of these aging hippies would grow up already and realize their protests don't amount to anything other than divided communities.

Your opinion is duly noted.

• Haha 1

First let me say I applaud Delhi Police Chief Mill's support of the Constitutional rights he took an oath to defend, and agree with his decision to allow the protest in Delhi on 6/6/20.  I went to the courthouse at 1:30 PM that day and stayed down the block at a safe distance to see the event.  
  I saw hundreds of people on the square, none of whom were keeping 6 feet away from others, many with no masks, handing signs and other things from person to person, no hand washing or sanitizers being used, none of the things we have all been mandated by our state government to do for two months to protect each other from the spread of a virus that has caused a pandemic.   This made me wonder why this protest was allowed to take place, when many other everyday events are not allowed.  If any other gathering of a similar nature was currently occurring in the state of NY, the government would step in and order people to disperse under threat of arrest.  I certainly don't support such government oppression and it led me to question why it would happen.   Under NY state's COVID-19 lock down mandate, we must not be within 6 feet of others in public places, must wear masks, can't freely circulate unless deemed essential by the state, attend graduations, church services, funerals, comfort dying relatives in the hospital that are COVID-19 positive, get a haircut, open our non-essential business, work at our non-essential jobs, go to a park, movie theater or restaurant, or generally exercise many of our Constitutional rights without fear of government retaliation, some forms of which are very severe.   These restrictions have killed the stock market and many retiree's life savings invested in it, ruined the country's economy, caused massive unemployment, increased rates of suicide and drug abuse, vastly increased the National Debt, put many small and large businesses out of business, caused many people to permanently lose their jobs, caused the states to lose billions from all of their tax revenue streams (that they will be coming for in the future to the detriment of all tax payers), caused citizens to allow the largest government power grab to occur in the entire history of the country, caused huge distrust of government, irreparable political polarization and major psychological stress for the entire electorate.   Citizens voluntarily allowed the government to infringe on all of their Constitutional rights in the belief they were fighting an invisible enemy that had to be conquered.  I wonder now if that was all for nothing, since Saturday's event didn't comply with that ideology, or was the lock down the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the citizens of the United States to infringe on all of their rights.   If we still have a Constitutional right to protest en masse, especially supporting a dubious idea that is not supported by any analytical, scientific or statistical database, in spite of the current pandemic that supposedly threatens all of our lives, why have we been denied all of our other Constitutional rights to live as free citizens for the past two months, to the detriment of the entire country?   After Saturday's event on the Delaware County Square, we are either going to realize the virus has never been a threat and all of our sacrifices were because of a scam, or we are about to see Delaware County become the next big virus hot spot in NY state.    Either way, we will be made to suffer.

Did you even write this ? Or just copy from somewhere

I only stopped to observe the event in passing, having far too much to do.  I pass by the square every day.  I'm almost 65 years old now and not going to enter any area where people are taking a chance of getting the virus because too many of them were not following any of the guidelines to prevent it.  Not to mention the fact I do not agree with the premise of the protest to begin with.
I was there.  I saw what was going on and I stand by what I posted.  At 1:30 PM everyone was tightly gathered in front of the bandstand trying to hear the speakers on the platform.  These pictures must have been screened in advance to put a good face on the event, because what I saw going on there was very different.  I hope someone else took some pictures of the event when it was in full swing, because it was far from what these pics show.  You can also tell from the long shadows in the pics they were obviously taken around 3PM, which is when the event ended and most had already left the square to stand on the street.
The entire issue is one of selective enforcement of the lock down.  I mentioned all of the sacrifices forced on everyone by the government based on essential vs. non-essential activity.  Then I see the government allowing what has to be the least essential, and most politically partisan thing, I can imagine at this particular time.  It makes the entire lock down strategy look like a joke.  It's quite obvious the government is now dictating which rights can be exercised and which cannot.
This protest took place right in front of a church that is still not allowed to open to have services using the same preventative measures allowed at this protest.  I wonder if a permit would be approved to hold a Trump rally on the square next Saturday.
I have to say, I'm not surprised to see so many people in this county supporting a leftist agenda item that has no basis in fact, analysis, scientific data or statistics and has been proven false by many experts for many years.  Just proves these folks believe what they are told to believe and cannot think for themselves, including whether it would be safe to have such a protest.

You will not go to a area where people don’t take precautions to stop the spread.... why not go to a trump rally I bet you almost no on there wears a mask, it will be indoors, sounds like great leadership tome

Chef, I wrote it.

As far as the lock down goes, another mass protest in NY on Sunday was applauded by the left and hardly even asked about the virus.  On the same day Cuomo directed anger at places that he said are not following the lock down restrictions and made threats.

Then he said if the positive virus counts spike, he will extend the lock down.  Could it be he allows mass protests so he can get spikes and extend the lock down?  Basically, he has no case to keep the lock down in effect anymore.

https://www.westernjournal.com/thousands-gather-nyc-black-trans-lives-matter-protest-day-cuomo-threatens-businesses/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=CTBreaking&utm_campaign=breaking&utm_content=conservative-tribune

Edited by Rattler

Mayor Bill de Blasio's "contact tracing team" isn't allowed to ask patients if they attended a protest (The Daily Caller)

"Those who have most consistently undermined the police and other elements of law enforcement are among those most shocked by the escalation of crime and violence." —Thomas Sowell

"It seems to me that the greatest privilege on offer in our culture today is the privilege to be utterly immune from the law. This is the privilege exercised by many of the 'protesters.' And though some of them are white males, many are not. It is, then, a privilege that is not dispensed based on race, but on ideology. We might call it Leftist Privilege." —Matt Walsh

Edited by Rattler