My Drake Wood Duck Mount

CharlieNY

I just got back my drake wood duck mount from last duck season. I took it to a local taxidermist who is on the expensive side but is known for his quality work especially with birds. It came out beautiful and I am very satisfied with it.          valoroutdoors.com 

20200607_175339.jpg

• Like 17

Congrats, your mount is beautiful, there is not much that can top a Wood Duck drake for color. I had one for a pet and he was sure pretty. I did a bit of waterfowl hunting years ago and where I hunted Mallards, Teal, and Woodies were what was most common with an occasional Back Duck. 50 years ago I once bagged a Pintail drake and it was the only one I ever saw hunting ducks, I had it mounted and it sits here in my gun room. Snapped a quick photo of it and it is still holding up after all those years.

Al

2020-06-08_201527.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

Beautiful mount, looks very well done.  I have a hen and a drake mounted together on the same piece of wood.  My Brittany decided to retrieve them out of the living room for me, so they are not in tip top shape.

I just got back my drake wood duck mount from last duck season. I took it to a local taxidermist who is on the expensive side but is known for his quality work especially with birds. It came out beautiful and I am very satisfied with it.          valoroutdoors.com 
20200607_175339.thumb.jpg.da6423ca3f285add4be1dc57209e88a0.jpg
Man I want to get one of those that's absolutely stunning!

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod