Are we watching the downfall of our country?

I witnessed some very disturbing behavior tonight on the waterfront in downtown Buffalo.  My wife and I took a ride down to see the sunset as we have done many many times.  We headed down to the observation deck at Erie Basin Marina and could not believe the people smoking dope, drinking open bottles of booze and pounding beers.  I don't mean one or two cars, many multiple vehicles with people dancing around and partying.  We saw a couple bottles sitting on the roof of cars, one guy rolling a joint and could smell wees from a couple groups of people.  I can only imagine the garbage that'll need to be cleaned up each morning.

The open container and weed smoking laws are being ignored by the police and it has to be a work slow down by the BPD in response to the recent problems their officers had last week resulting in the 57 officers quitting the ERT team.  Remember, they didn't quit the police force, just the additional pay/responsibilities.

We never saw a cop at all and they were always cruising up and down the roads before all this horseshit...............

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

A good exercise would be to imagine what it feels like as a black person seeing one after the other of yours getting killed by police and getting away with it.

As if they were just on their way to a church social and were gunned down by a cop because of their skin color.

If a black person is seeing one after the other of theirs getting shot by the police, they failed as parents and friends.  

Believing there is a lot of racism in this land today is unbelievable.  If anything, people have adopted Martin Luther King's philosophy of judging people by the content of their character, rather than skill color.  Police don't hold racist attitudes towards blacks, they hold blacks with lousy attitudes on the ground.  And the number of blacks with lousy attitudes, entitlement attitudes and disregard for police authority, is getting greater every day.  It's not the color of the skin that cops see.  It's that ATTITUDE.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

This thread is kinda funny. Most of you guys are blaming democrats for everything going to hell? Who is president again and who has the senate majority?

It is easy to condemn the protests and riots,but there is still a very strong racism in this country. And police officers dont have it easy,but there are some major racist assholes on the force and they have a crazy amount of protection. What other union is that strong that people who repeatedly screw up are getting of with a slap on the wrist?

A good exercise would be to imagine what it feels like as a black person seeing one after the other of yours getting killed by police and getting away with it. And those are just the ones that get recorded on video. Most attempts at incremental police reform have gotten nowhere. 

Those cops in Buffalo that resigned from the special unit in solidarity would be fired if i was in charge. Bad cops have been getting away with murder for too long. Police is getting more militarized,and any chance they get they escalate stuff instead of cooling it. Major change in attitude needs to happen. Serve and protect whom exactly? Each other as cops and civilians are the enemy?

I thought another point of view was needed here,so here it is. 

You don't see a political agenda in all of this ? Obama had 8 years and changed nothing ,I don't remember seeing all the media hate for him for not doing anything . 

• Like 2

Actually, there was nothing for Obama to do when he was first elected.  He stirred up the whole false narrative to divide people in the country.  He set race relations back 40 years by the time he left office.  The media didn't print any hate for him doing it, they supported it.  The main stream media is just the propaganda wing of the DNC anyway.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

As if they were just on their way to a church social and were gunned down by a cop because of their skin color.

If a black person is seeing one after the other of theirs getting shot by the police, they failed as parents and friends.  

Believing there is a lot of racism in this land today is unbelievable.  If anything, people have adopted Martin Luther King's philosophy of judging people by the content of their character, rather than skill color.  Police don't hold racist attitudes towards blacks, they hold blacks with lousy attitudes on the ground.  And the number of blacks with lousy attitudes, entitlement attitudes and disregard for police authority, is getting greater every day.  It's not the color of the skin that cops see.  It's that ATTITUDE.

I 100% disagree.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Actually, there was nothing for Obama to do when he was first elected.  He stirred up the whole false narrative to divide people in the country.  He set race relations back 40 years by the time he left office.  The media didn't print any hate for him doing it, they supported it.  The main stream media is just the propaganda wing of the DNC anyway.

So Obama was divisive and Trump is the unifier? I dont think we can possibly be living on the same planet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

So Obama was divisive and Trump is the unifier? I dont think we can possibly be living on the same planet. 

Who said he is?  Trump is trying to fix the problems Obama created and the race issue is one of them.  He's trying to show the analytical data and scientific statistics do not support the racist narrative, but people who run on emotion rather than facts are having no part of it.  They don't think for themselves and believe what they are told to believe.

Fortunately, there are a lot of famous black voices that are starting to speak up and call out the race hustlers for pushing a false narrative.  Do you agree with any of them?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

This thread is kinda funny. Most of you guys are blaming democrats for everything going to hell?

I do not see much humor in it!

Forget it about Trump and look at the party's platform and policy, lets take a look.

Anti Pro Life, (As a side note I would like everyone be made to witness a video of an actual late term abortion before making up their mind, especially those making ruling policy)

Defunding and dissolving Police departments and ICE and just plain anti Law and Order!

Taking away second amendment rights

Anti Hunting & Fishing "IE animal rights"

Open Borders

Free healthcare, free education for illegal aliens-nothing is free

Free college-nothing is free

Free monthly paychecks-nothing is free

Anti Energy coal, gas and oil

Anti Farming

Anti gender differences

Anti internal combustion engines, boats, cars, motorcycles, planes, tractors, planes, chainsaws, mowers etc etc!

Anti Tradition ammo

Anti historical monuments

Anti American flag

Anti national anthem

Giving rioters and the likes of Antifa and asshole like them a pass

Men pissing in women's restrooms and vise versa

Whew I am getting tired of typing so last but not least taking way poor Elmer Fudd's shotgun

By the way the quote above was made by Bowmanmike in  Pygmy's reply and not by Pygmy to be clear!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, airedale said:

Forget it about Trump and look at the party's platform and policy, lets take a look.

Anti Pro Life, (As a side note I would like everyone be made to witness a video of an actual late term abortion before making up their mind, especially those making ruling policy)

Defunding and dissolving Police departments and ICE

Open Borders

Anti Farming

Anti gender differences

Anti internal combustion engines, boats, cars, motorcycles, planes, tractors, planes, chainsaws, mowers etc etc!

Anti Tradition ammo

Anti American flag

Anti national anthem

Whew I am getting tired of typing so last but not least taking way poor Elmer Fudd's shotgun

By the way the quote above was made by Bowmanmike in  Pygmy's reply and not by Pygmy to be clear!

Al

41 minutes ago, airedale said:

Defunding and dissolving Police departments and ICE

Open Borders

Anti Farming

Anti gender differences

Anti Tradition ammo

Anti American flag

Anti national anthem

Al

Ok,here is the republican agenda.

Pro life when it comes to unborn,but not when alive and black.

Having zero oversight on police.

Giving everyone access to semi automatic weapons so they do whatever they want with it.

Closed borders unless you need migrant workers or trade with china.

Education is the enemy.

I am just gonna lump farming and gas and oil into one. Let giant corporations have whatever public natural resources they want to sell overseas for profit and subsidize the hell out of them while doing it. And screw clran water regs or clean air,overrated. That costs the country a lot more than social services. You never hear about that. 

@Pygmy,sorry you got robbed,that shouldn't happen to anyone,but that is not racism,you got robbed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

ive gotten so" i dont reconize the country" has been my exact statement.  I get so I just want to retire and fish and hunt and tune it all out.  Cause it seems society is taking a turn that i dont understand nor want to.  Maybe my way just stands in the way of progress and where the world wants to go but i just cant go with it. None of it makes sense.  There are like minded people around for sure but everyday seems to go the other way.   Ive gotten so I dont vote - and anyone can tear me apart for it - knock yourself out and waste your breath.  But ive voted for years and watched this state elect the same people i voted against in a landslide.  And the options to vote against them for candidates arent much better and most of them are lame ducks getting a payday.  With both leads of the dem and rep parties being sent to jail for corruption in NY why would i bother- so i dont. I feel like my vote for the lesser of two evils is a pill i can no longer swallow.  Peaceful protests against police brutality over the weekend in Syracuse, 11 people shot in those same three days in Syracuse.  One of them in front of the Martin Luther King school.  The founding fathers, the greatest generation, MLK and many of the other people that built a great country must be proud of it now.  

But people and cultures change - i guess thats why older people understand less and less any younger generation.  But there seems to be so much hate and anger than i have ever seen.  I dont even mean just the protests and riots, just in general people going after each other on social media and needing something to be outraged about.  I think i will go fishing tomorrow, hope that doesnt anger anyone. If it does be sure to write it down or protest it cause i wont see any of it..... cause i just got a bite..... 

I agree with all of this except not voting.....I have to vote even though I realize it is fruitless so I get why you don't. 

Edited by ApexerER
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Downfall ? , Heck no we are finally all alone at the top of the heap.   At no time in history has this country enjoyed the # 1 spot by such a wide margin.   China was gearing up to be a contender, but the Covid thing pretty much did them in.  The cold war has been won and Muslim terrorism has been vanquished.     We have never had it better than we do today.   The only thing good about "the good old days" is that they are over.   Lighten up Francis and smell the roses.          

Geez wolc, do you watch the news? We are dealing the with black plague, great depression, riots of the 60's and the cold war (now with China) all at the same time. On top of that we have 50% of the nation believing anything that our President does is not only bad, it is demonic. 

51 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Giving everyone access to semi automatic weapons so they do whatever they want with it.

Education is the enemy.

I am just gonna lump farming and gas and oil into one. Let giant corporations have whatever public natural resources they want to sell overseas for profit and subsidize the hell out of them while doing it. And screw clran water regs or clean air,overrated. That costs the country a lot more than social services. You never hear about that. 

@Pygmy,sorry you got robbed,that shouldn't happen to anyone,but that is not racism,you got robbed.

Umm, literally every word of that is false.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Education is the enemy.

The guy did not rob me...He never even demanded my money...He was just an asshole who wanted to cut up a white person and I was unfortunate to be the one he encountered...That was the moment that I decided two things....I would never be without the means to defend myself if I could help it, and I would never go back to new York City if I could help....I've pretty much  stuck to it, too... That was in 1971, and the only time I have been back to the city was on business in 1977..Also, I'm leaving for Walmart in a few minutes and I  WILL be armed...

• Like 3

In case you haven’t been paying attention, here are some of the things Democrats have been promoting for the past four years 1)    Radically change police forces across the country 2)    Removal of all borders to give unfettered access to our country by illegal immigrants 3)    Elimination of ICE 4)    Sanctuary Cities to by-pass US immigration laws 5)    Unreasonable city lockdowns because of Covid 6)    Ability to kill infants at birth 7)    Universal Health Insurance 8)    Elimination of bail when arrested 9)    Free college for everyone 10) Guaranteed minimum salaries to everyone 11) $14 trillion to blacks in Slavery Reparations 12) 2 ½ years of witch hunt for Russian collusion when everyone involved knew there was no evidence. 13)  False testimony against Brett Kavanaugh 14) Have continually tried to remove Trump from office using nefarious schemes and flase information.   If you want more of the same vote democrat in November.
IMHO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pygmy said:

The guy did not rob me...He never even demanded my money...He was just an asshole who wanted to cut up a white person and I was unfortunate to be the one he encountered...That was the moment that I decided two things....I would never be without the means to defend myself if I could help it, and I would never go back to new York City if I could help....I've pretty much  stuck to it, too... That was in 1971, and the only time I have been back to the city was on business in 1977..Also, I'm leaving for Walmart in a few minutes and I  WILL be armed...

Oops,my mistake,sorry. That is messed up.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

All of you guys that just believe Trump is going to win a 2nd term. I hope you are all right. I am not as confident......

Imagine being dumb enough to vote for someone that cant even string along a coherent sentence .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Imagine being dumb enough to vote for someone that cant even string along a coherent sentence .

You wouldn't actually be voting for Biden . You would be voting for his VP choise . Biden wouldn't last 6 months in office before being replaced . 

• Like 3