Are we watching the downfall of our country?

There is an old saying about walking a mile in someone's shoes before making a judgement, some of these dipshit politicians should heed that saying especially when it comes to the day in and day out, week in and week out, year in and year out total bullshit these police officers have to deal and put up with.

I see the TV show "Cops" has been canned, the Dems do not want the public to see what these guys and gals have to actual do on the job.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

I was saying  this yesterday and hearing them call for the public access to all disciplinary actions or complaints against the police, I suggest we take it further. Let's open it up so that ALL records of ALL employees that are publicly funded have their records available. If it is good enough to do to the police we should do it for all public employees. teachers, police, military, ELECTED OFFICIALS. Wanna bet that their tune would change with a proposal like that?
We can't protect bad cops. but the assertion to disclose and defund is absurd. Talk about the inmates running the asylum. 
The hypocrisy of the left is amazing. 
It isn't true that all blacks are criminals even though a disproportionate amount of crime is committed by blacks yet you can paint all cops as corrupt and the police are plagued with "systemic racism" becasue of the actions of a few. 

Crappy, None of this was directed at you. I was just tagging it on here because of the union topic. 
You can't hold Muslims accountable for terrorist attacks becasue of the actions of a few but you can hold all gun owners accountable for firearms crime becasue of the actions of a few. 
It just goes on and on and on. 

All good...didn’t feel attacked at all ...more honored that we think the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What outrages me is watching these animals (black...white...brown...) taunting and physically engaging officers, knowing that since their every move is under a microscope they cannot or should not react even to protect themselves. I say the hell with it....there are lines that should not be crossed.....if you push yourself over the 99 yard line, then you do so at your own risk. What the liberal agenda is fostering is world of lawlessness and fear to protect yourself. Enough is enough.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, GreenDrake said:

What outrages me is watching these animals (black...white...brown...) taunting and physically engaging officers, knowing that since their every move is under a microscope they cannot or should not react even to protect themselves. I say the hell with it....there are lines that should not be crossed.....if you push yourself over the 99 yard line, then you do so at your own risk. What the liberal agenda is fostering is world of lawlessness and fear to protect yourself. Enough is enough.

systemic pacification. 

• Like 1

I read this thread with great interest. There are lots of conflicting viewpoints, and it's easy to see why we are such a divided country. IMHO, demonizing the other side does nothing toward resolving our differences - if you need to use over-the-top analogies and flaming rhetoric to win a point, then perhaps your underlying argument lacks legs - no matter which side of the aisle you waltz down. I see weaponized outrage from both sides. In reality though, I think that it is a matter of priorities. When you see something that strikes a nerve, where do your priorities lie? How do you weigh basic freedoms? And how much does your individual freedom weigh again societal goals? Different folks think differently.

It seems like if we were to try to understand how a rational, intelligent person from the other side could form their opinions, then maybe this country would be a better place. But when have we ever in the history of mankind done that? Tactic #1 - make the other side look bad. Yeah, I get it. If you're in it to win, then that's the playbook. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I read this thread with great interest. There are lots of conflicting viewpoints, and it's easy to see why we are such a divided country. IMHO, demonizing the other side does nothing toward resolving our differences - if you need to use over-the-top analogies and flaming rhetoric to win a point, then perhaps your underlying argument lacks legs - no matter which side of the aisle you waltz down. I see weaponized outrage from both sides. In reality though, I think that it is a matter of priorities. When you see something that strikes a nerve, where do your priorities lie? How do you weigh basic freedoms? And how much does your individual freedom weigh again societal goals? Different folks think differently.

It seems like if we were to try to understand how a rational, intelligent person from the other side could form their opinions, then maybe this country would be a better place. But when have we ever in the history of mankind done that? Tactic #1 - make the other side look bad. Yeah, I get it. If you're in it to win, then that's the playbook. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

So lets demonize the republicans...

Remember when republicans looted and rioted over Rodney King or Ferguson?

Remember when republicans wanted to defund our police?

Remember when republicans wanted to allow mail in voting?

Remember when republicans wanted to remove all borders?

Neither do I. 

The DNC is demonizing themselves by their own actions. 

41 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

So lets demonize the republicans...

Remember when republicans looted and rioted over Rodney King or Ferguson?

Remember when republicans wanted to defund our police?

Remember when republicans wanted to allow mail in voting?

Remember when republicans wanted to remove all borders?

Neither do I. 

The DNC is demonizing themselves by their own actions. 

Stop It ….. Stop It right now !!! Nobody and I mean Nobody likes Logic !

• Thanks 1

As someone that doesn’t have a side or party that I align with I consider myself pretty open minded. I can generally understand someone’s opposing opinions however some who thinks that this lifelong dirtbag deserves this is incomprehensible to me. He obviously didn’t deserve to die the way he did but this shit is absolutely ridiculous!

aa6f84ab4fba852f4de24dc00688afdf.jpg&key=84b29da9bdcd263cb873d478b143fe2decca0c0e5c3e3373fd2792b740ff6877

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

As someone that doesn’t have a side or party that I align with I consider myself pretty open minded. I can generally understand someone’s opposing opinions however some who thinks that this lifelong dirtbag deserves this is incomprehensible to me. He obviously didn’t deserve to die the way he did but this shit is absolutely ridiculous!

aa6f84ab4fba852f4de24dc00688afdf.jpg&key=84b29da9bdcd263cb873d478b143fe2decca0c0e5c3e3373fd2792b740ff6877

Pardon me while I puke....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, knehrke said:

It seems like if we were to try to understand how a rational, intelligent person from the other side could form their opinions, then maybe this country would be a better place.

Speaking for myself I believe the Democrats have articulated how they have formed their policy-platform opinions very well and I have zero problem understanding what they are doing and want to do to this country. I agree with just about none of it.

Al

• Like 5

On 6/8/2020 at 8:18 PM, BowmanMike said:

This thread is kinda funny. Most of you guys are blaming democrats for everything going to hell? Who is president again and who has the senate majority?

Did I miss the Senate vote on if we should have riots?

I did see Chuck and Nancy front and center bowing to protestors.  

• Like 4

I am 47, not only am I worried about what the future for myself but my 15 year old daughter is growing up in a very different world then I did. Between this crazy virus, shutting down the country, these riots, protests, calls for defunding the police, community leaders allowing it to happen, police officers, national guard kneeling before rioters. This is all just completely insane. This has to be just the loud minority right?

Sorry, not a loud minority, I am not part of that extreme group. That being said there are a lot of people out there who are completely fed up with the idiot in the Oval Office. Handled the pandemic like complete shit, lies every chance he gets. These riots, protests, calls to defund the police( which btw yes that’s a small minority) would have been over in days if he even pretend to have a shred of empathy.

Great president for the stock market, shit at everything else

Umm, literally every word of that is false.....

It’s not the republican agenda but it is the trump agenda, trump is not a republican when will you guys realize that

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Sorry, not a loud minority, I am not part of that extreme group. That being said there are a lot of people out there who are completely fed up with the idiot in the Oval Office. Handled the pandemic like complete shit, lies every chance he gets. These riots, protests, calls to defund the police( which btw yes that’s a small minority) would have been over in days if he even pretend to have a shred of empathy.

Great president for the stock market, shit at everything else

I'm interested to learn something honestly. Can you give, say 5 examples of how Trump handled the Covid 19 issue poorly?  And can you give 5 examples of how any Dem did a better job?

Edited by genesee_mohican

I'm interested to learn something honestly. Can you give, say 5 examples of how Trump handled the Covid 19 issue poorly?

It will disappear in we have 15 cases and we are going to 0

Having states bid against each other for PPE not leveraging out buying power.

No national testing protocol or distribution of tests states had to fend for themselves on that too.

Putting out federal reopening guidelines and then encouraging states to disregard them

Retweeting #firefauchi why would you do that if you have a issue with the guy deal with it in private you are the god dam president

Oh and maybe we can youse bleach and ammonia to cure people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rattler said:

You do realize this was published in 1961, right?  Things are nowhere near like that in this land today.  Or maybe you think they are?

Sure  !!  Don't you realize that we should be held morally and  financially liable for the things that our grandfathers and great grandfathers   did 75 to 100 years ago ??   Not to mention what their grandfathers and great grandfathers did 200 years ago  ??

If NOT you are certainly  a  consciencelous  RACIST BASTARD  !!

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pygmy said:

Sure  !!  Don't you realize that we should be held morally and  financially liable for the things that our grandfathers and great grandfathers 75 to 100 years ago ??   Not to mention what their grandfathers and great grandfathers did 200 years ago  ??

If NOT you are certainly  a  consciencelous  RACIST BASTARD  !!

Why do you talk about me like that?