Are we watching the downfall of our country?

14 hours ago, Chef said:

Sorry, not a loud minority, I am not part of that extreme group. That being said there are a lot of people out there who are completely fed up with the idiot in the Oval Office. Handled the pandemic like complete shit, lies every chance he gets. These riots, protests, calls to defund the police( which btw yes that’s a small minority) would have been over in days if he even pretend to have a shred of empathy.

Great president for the stock market, shit at everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree. I wish Trump would stop speaking or tweeting every little thought on his mind. If you can't overlook that it makes him look like a shallow idiot. But lMO, If you can overlook the pettiness, I agree with pretty much all of his policies. Our economy was coming back, lowest unemployment among all demographics. Eliminating Red Tape that basically amounted to hoops to jump through for businesses, lowered my taxes, believes in the 2nd amendment...….I also think he did as good as expected with the Corona Virus. He is just held to a double standard answering asinine questions and getting raked over by the media. Compare that to Cuomo who has made mistake after mistake, hasn't taken blame for anything and has yet to be asked a hard question.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I respectfully disagree. I wish Trump would stop speaking or tweeting every little thought on his mind. If you can't overlook that it makes him look like a shallow idiot. But lMO, If you can overlook the pettiness, I agree with pretty much all of his policies. Our economy was coming back, lowest unemployment among all demographics. Eliminating Red Tape that basically amounted to hoops to jump through for businesses, lowered my taxes, believes in the 2nd amendment...….I also think he did as good as expected with the Corona Virus. He is just held to a double standard answering asinine questions and getting raked over by the media. Compare that to Cuomo who has made mistake after mistake, hasn't taken blame for anything and has yet to be asked a hard question.....

I love how every time he makes a comment about how things need to be reopened the media and the states start screaming that he doesn't have the authority to open anything in the individual states but int he next breath say he mismanaged the closings...lol. The states also resist and want no part of shared services to cut costs but then he is beat up for not getting joint purchases of PPE together for them. 

Personally he is nowhere near the conservative I want in the White House but was a damned site better than the alternative in 2016. He spends like a liberal. I voted for his with one hope. Constitutional Conservative SCOTUS appointments. We got them and are one failed heartbeat away form another. I don't see RBG making it through another term so he has to get re-elected for that reason. If Trump is re-elected I certainly hope Thomas retires and allows for another appointment that will stand for decades. I'd love to see Roberts retire as well but that would be too much to hope for.  Anything we get above and beyond these appointments is just gravy. 

• Like 6

https://cnn.it/3cTgDqH

This is a little more than just a tweet. It’s dangerous when governments try to discredit the media. Oh and Fox is included in parts of this one

The shows "Cops" and "Live PD" have both been cancelled.   This is wtf stupid. But I can imagine there isn't a cop around now that wants a live TV crew with them either now.  

Why, I would love to have video cameras following me. I know how to do my job and most people aren’t going to act like an idiot if they know they’ll be on TV. The ones that don’t care were going to act like an idiot either way.

37 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The shows "Cops" and "Live PD" have both been cancelled.   This is wtf stupid. But I can imagine there isn't a cop around now that wants a live TV crew with them either now.  

The media will have a hard time painting a picture of evil cops when you have shows like that featuring good cops doing their job.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I think all body camera footage , should be available on a Dept. web site, so the public can view what the cops really have to deal with daily . 

Btw 60 Minneapolis cops have filed their papers , or just quit , for a 800 man dept that’s a significant number in two weeks .

My friend here recently retired from RPD after 35 years . He said when he took the test 7,000 signed up for it , the current one 400 did and that was before the recent anti cop sentiment as well as  increased attacks on them . 

We’re in for massive retirements , and transfers out of the cities and very few interested in replacing them . 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chef said:

https://cnn.it/3cTgDqH

This is a little more than just a tweet. It’s dangerous when governments try to discredit the media. Oh and Fox is included in parts of this one

I didn't look at the link but IMO, ALL the news outlets fully deserve to be discredited. They all report what they want you to think instead of the news. They all think we are way to stupid to make our own opinions.....

• Like 2

The smug self-assurance among elitists in media, academia, politics, Hollywood, sports, and business that a sufficient amount of ideological alignment and/or a craven level of guilt-signaling obsequiousness will render them immune from the depredations of the mob is, quite simply, a pipe dream.

Thus, when a number of progressive politicians in Democrat-controlled cities who imposed draconian lock downs let "protesters" flout social-distancing edicts, while telling cops to stand down; when political hacks like Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey grovel before black protesters about "coming to grips with my own brokenness"; or when white police officers wash the feet of BLM protesters while apologizing for the "sins" of the white race, the results of such fecklessness are eminently predictable: Cities are looted and burned, a humiliated Frey is sent packing by an angry mob, and calls to defund police departments reach crescendo pitch throughout the nation.

The mob expects nothing less. In fact, it demands much more, and rigid conformity goes right to the top of the list. 

George Floyd and the legitimate protests surrounding his death have been completely co-opted by rank, America-hating opportunists whose motives are crystal clear as soon as reasonable Americans ask themselves a simple question: Who supported the killing of George Floyd? No one in their right minds on any part of the political spectrum, that's who. Even an overwhelming majority of police have decried the actions of the four individuals involved, all of whom have been arrested and charged.

Thus another telling question inevitably arises: Who, exactly, is the "enemy" that must be vanquished so that "justice" can prevail?

The answer is as simple as it is damning: Anyone and everyone who fails to unquestioningly embrace each and every demand of a nihilist progressive mob. A mob every bit as virulent as any other mob that has sought absolute power throughout the history of mankind. A mob wholly disinterested in compromise, good will, or reconciliation. A mob decades in the making, courtesy of America-contemptuous, progressive indoctrinators presenting themselves as educators, entertainment industry titans who cater to the lowest common denominator, duplicitous multinational CEOs with no allegiance to this nation, progressive prosecutors who disdain the Rule of Law, craven politicians in both parties whose self-interest completely transcends statesmanship, and the useful-idiot talking heads in the media who shill for all of it, 24/7/365.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I didn't look at the link but IMO, ALL the news outlets fully deserve to be discredited. They all report what they want you to think instead of the news. They all think we are way to stupid to make our own opinions.....

Not only that, but what the mainstream media tries to pass for news & information is as corrupt as any propaganda they currently feed the masses in China or North Korea, or the old Soviet Russia. The president is absolutely correct, we are being fed fake news every day, with a very liberal slant. I truly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't see this for what it is .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Why, I would love to have video cameras following me. I know how to do my job and most people aren’t going to act like an idiot if they know they’ll be on TV. The ones that don’t care were going to act like an idiot either way.

just like a quote - all it takes is for someone to take a certain section of video and it can look really bad even though it wasnt.  Esp with all the capabilities to change it the way you would want to. It can be good or bad to video just depends on the situation.  

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I would have thought that with as much time as Nancy has spent on her knees over the years she would have been able to get up unassisted. 

At least this time she had something to wipe off her chin...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Being an asshole is what he was doing!

That’s exactly why all the officers quit the team. Their brother got in trouble for doing exactly what he was told to do.

did you see the video? If that cop felt threatened by a skinny senior he should be looking for a different job.

That really is the problem,the way some cops go about doing stuff. You can choose to escalate things or de-escalate,but to bad the training doesnt cover that very well.

12 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

did you see the video? If that cop felt threatened by a skinny senior he should be looking for a different job.

That really is the problem,the way some cops go about doing stuff. You can choose to escalate things or de-escalate,but to bad the training doesnt cover that very well.

You only saw 5 seconds of what happened the entire day ,what led up to it ? It's easy for us to sit on the side lines and critique what others are doing . 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

And you don't hear the audio with cops telling him to get back at least 5 times prior to him putting his hand on a cop.  At that point the cops are right to push the paid professional agitator away from them.  This was a planned setup for a lawsuit by a lifetime political agitator who had no right to approach the cops at all.  I just wish they had arrested him right then and there instead of giving him a chance to go away.  Hopefully a jury with find both cops innocent and the police will file charges against that old fool for disorderly conduct if nothing else.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

ive gotten so" i dont reconize the country" has been my exact statement.  I get so I just want to retire and fish and hunt and tune it all out.  Cause it seems society is taking a turn that i dont understand nor want to.  Maybe my way just stands in the way of progress and where the world wants to go but i just cant go with it. None of it makes sense.  There are like minded people around for sure but everyday seems to go the other way.   Ive gotten so I dont vote - and anyone can tear me apart for it - knock yourself out and waste your breath.  But ive voted for years and watched this state elect the same people i voted against in a landslide.  And the options to vote against them for candidates arent much better and most of them are lame ducks getting a payday.  With both leads of the dem and rep parties being sent to jail for corruption in NY why would i bother- so i dont. I feel like my vote for the lesser of two evils is a pill i can no longer swallow.  Peaceful protests against police brutality over the weekend in Syracuse, 11 people shot in those same three days in Syracuse.  One of them in front of the Martin Luther King school.  The founding fathers, the greatest generation, MLK and many of the other people that built a great country must be proud of it now.  

But people and cultures change - i guess thats why older people understand less and less any younger generation.  But there seems to be so much hate and anger than i have ever seen.  I dont even mean just the protests and riots, just in general people going after each other on social media and needing something to be outraged about.  I think i will go fishing tomorrow, hope that doesnt anger anyone. If it does be sure to write it down or protest it cause i wont see any of it..... cause i just got a bite..... 

I agree with you 100%, but i voted in every state and local election in NY and my candidates never even came close. Now that I have moved to Florida my vote counts . I am 70 yrs old, DeSantis for Gov and Scott for Senate . And putting in all conservitave  superme court judges.on bench  And we have the right to conceal carry. Get out of NY while you have any money left.

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

He broke the curfew , he didn’t follow ,the  lawful orders to clear the streets ,like everyone else did , he tried to or did touch the marching riot police and received the lowest level of force ,an open palm stiff  arm . 

Training says the line doesn’t stop , they are given many chances to clear out ahead of the line , he chose not to . He knows this , what with him being a lifelong protester with a ton of arrests and all .

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

He broke the curfew , he didn’t follow ,the  lawful orders to clear the streets ,like everyone else did , he tried to or did touch the marching riot police and received the lowest level of force ,an open palm stiff  arm . 

Training says the line doesn’t stop , they are given many chances to clear out ahead of the line , he chose not to . He knows this , what with him being a lifelong protester with a ton of arrests and all .

Well Senior hunters don't get a break with the Crossbow, so they shouldn't get a break as a protestor. he was very unstable on his feet and fell back and hit his head. The force was minimal. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I have always thought The Donald was a raging asshole,, and I still do....However a person does not have to be a nice guy to do a good Job...George Patton was an egotistical asshole too, but he was one of our very best generals in WWII..He got the job done...That is what Trump is doing now...

Chef says that if he had shred of EMPATHY  the riots and unrest would be over by now...I call BS...Those people are promoting their political agendas and empathy would only be seen as a sign of weakness...

I am 70 years old,  and served in the Navy during the Vietnam War..I guess I lost my sense of EMPATHY when  the streets were full of  racial and anti war rioters  burning things down when my buddies and classmates were doing their duty to their country and many of them dying, while many of the hippies,  dopers, and flower children fled to Canada, only to be pardoned by Jimmy Carter after the war's end....Jimmy carter was a very nice southern gentleman, with a lot of EMPATHY, and thought he was doing the right thing to heal the country...

To those of us who served, it was a big slap in the face to see those draft dodgers who fled to Canada return home scott free...End of rant...….

Now one of those draft dodgers is now the President. 

Oh yeah, he had bone spurs. 

• Like 2