Are we watching the downfall of our country?

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Honestly I don’t, but I do feel that Trump is a danger to the nation and the constitution.

I made a point earlier than no one addressed.

If he losses in November he does not go quietly he does everything he can to try and discredit the election. That is a danger to our constitution.

If he wins he try’s to change the laws and get a 3rd term. If that doesn’t work he pushes to make his son the republican candidate.

This will be the end of democracy in America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I can see that....voting for the lesser of two evils is something I have done many times. 

I also believe that he won't go quietly if he loses but if he is able to show how corrupt our voting has become by doing that....It might save our democracy....

You need an ID to do tons of things in the country....Buy Beer, Tobacco, pick up a prescription, get on an airplane, even to get into a R rated movie. The only way you can possibly be against a voter ID law is because you know and want fraud. IMO of course...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Do you disagree that he won’t do it? And would you support him if he did ?

No I do not think he would, but if he did no I would not. I am not a end all be all  trump supporter , he has many faults but he also has a America first attitude that I can get behind .  We are way better off with him than we would have been with Hillary or Biden. And yes that’s my opinion. 

No I do not think he would, but if he did no I would not. I am not a end all be all  trump supporter , he has many faults but he also has a America first attitude that I can get behind .  We are way better off with him than we would have been with Hillary or Biden. And yes that’s my opinion. 

So you get behind white nationalism?

3 hours ago, ApexerER said:

My father wasn't aloud for a deviated septum. It never stopped him from doing anything in his life but it stopped him from going to Vietnam. So are you calling my Dad a draft dodger?

Did you have a rich grandfather who made an arrangement with the doctor who made the diagnosis ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.amp.html

Did your father tell his lawyer years later he didnt go to Vietnam because he wasnt stupid ?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/02/27/trumps-lawyer-no-basis-for-presidents-medical-deferment-from-vietnam/

Did your father disparage John McCains service, because he "likes people who werent captured" ?

If so, yeah, I would call your dad a draft dodger. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Biden wouldn't be president for long . His Dementia would get worse and he would be removed from office . Keep an eye on who Biden's VP is as She would resume the duties . 

I agree. I wonder why he keeps saying “I want a running mate who will be ready for the presidency on day one”

Make me wonder if once he’s inaugurated, he steps down. Then we have President Kamala Harris or Stacy Abrams. It’s not that far fetched.

I am a Trump supporter but I can also recognize the fact that he is a polarizing figure. But how is he any more polarizing than say, idk, black lives matter or even Obama. 

If Obama wanted to unite this Country he is probably the only president in recent history that could have. I disagreed with all of his policies but if he had said and touted the fact that yes, an African American man can succeed in the country. Even become president. Martin Luther King was right when he said judge a man by his Character and not the color of his skin. This is America, if you want it bad enough, it is in reach for everyone. 

Then I may not have agreed with his policies but I would have respected the heck out of the guy. That was never his message. In fact it was the opposite. 

How are monuments and statues of our history polarizing but painting Black Lives Matter down city streets and on buildings etc isn't.??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cachemoney said:

Did you have a rich grandfather who made an arrangement with the doctor who made the diagnosis ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.amp.html

Did your father tell his lawyer years later he didnt go to Vietnam because he wasnt stupid ?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/02/27/trumps-lawyer-no-basis-for-presidents-medical-deferment-from-vietnam/

Did your father disparage John McCains service, because he "likes people who werent captured" ?

If so, yeah, I would call your dad a draft dodger. 

I'm not creating an account with the crappy NYTIMES to read an article with a title that ends in a question mark....(an opinion piece from a liberal newspaper.

And your other link is based on testimony from Michael Cohen.....Come on...….

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

So you get behind white nationalism?

So first off your way off base with that comment. And I really take offense to it. Was going to type out a long response, but I’m not going to reply to a typical liberal reaction like that. 

13 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I'm not creating an account with the crappy NYTIMES to read an article with a title that ends in a question mark....(an opinion piece from a liberal newspaper.

And your other link is based on testimony from Michael Cohen.....Come on...….

Its a google link, you can read it for free. 

As for Michael Cohen, he is a scumbag, but that didnt seem to bother people when he was Trumps scumbag and on Fox news every night. 

So first off your way off base with that comment. And I really take offense to it. Was going to type out a long response, but I’m not going to reply to a typical liberal reaction like that. 

You keep calling me a typical liberal but I’m not a liberal at all

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

There are no wild turkeys in Iceland :thankyou:

True, but there are puffins which you can net. Tons of ducks, geese and ptarmigan as well. 

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

One thing if Trump wins again is that all those whom promised to leave the country last time will hopefully keep their promises ! I would hate to live amongst all these blatant Liars !  Iceland sounds good but just like Canada they do not want Whiny Ass Americans there !

Generally speaking, the rest of the world doesn’t hate Americans. 

I have little love for Trump, but at the same time I am sick and tired of hearing about Black lives matter, and blacks wanting every white person to apologize to them for everything that has ever happened to them.  I'll be damned if I will be apologizing.  I work in PR and these black organizations are now extorting just about every corporation in America where they expect hefty donations to various black causes or the company will be deemed racist if they don't cough up the money.  The news surely isn't reporting any of this either.  They could all go to hell if this is what blacks want.  Just more handouts is what they want?  They want no more police so they could do whatever they want without consequences?  And now they want every white to go down on one knee in front of them, too, or else they will be called a racist?  Screw them all if this is what they want America to be.  No one is saying that killing Floyd was right, but that incident should not now give them MORE freakin rights than others have and turn this country upside down.  If anything many white people have become MORE racist over the last few weeks than ever before because of blacks now demanding heaven and earth.

Rant over.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

OK, I can see that....voting for the lesser of two evils is something I have done many times. 

I also believe that he won't go quietly if he loses but if he is able to show how corrupt our voting has become by doing that....It might save our democracy....

You need an ID to do tons of things in the country....Buy Beer, Tobacco, pick up a prescription, get on an airplane, even to get into a R rated movie. The only way you can possibly be against a voter ID law is because you know and want fraud. IMO of course...

There is no widespread voter fraud,where are the facts on that? Did you read about Trump trying to register in Florida to vote? Makes me laugh,that is all one can do to keep the spirits up. Lots of people take things too serious.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chef said:

You keep calling me a typical liberal but I’m not a liberal at all

You keep calling me a white nationalist, but I’m not at all. I will say based on the postings in this thread your more of a liberal than I am a white  nationalist. 

29 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

They were following the law while trying that. That is the difference. Not making it up as they go.

They were following the law when the DNC paid someone to lie about Russian Collusion? They were following the law when the FBI used that known lie to spy on a campaign? They were following the law when the were telling the Media and anyone that would listen that there was definitive proof of Russian Collusion, That Trump was in Putins pocket and is guilty of treason? They were following the law when they Ruined Michael Flynn and his family for doing nothing but love and support his country?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

There is no widespread voter fraud,where are the facts on that? Did you read about Trump trying to register in Florida to vote? Makes me laugh,that is all one can do to keep the spirits up. Lots of people take things too serious.

Really, it makes you laugh that there IS voter fraud. And this is the stuff they find when they don't even look for it.....

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2020/05/26/voter-fraud-michigan-democratic-official-charged-with-altering-ballots-in-2018-election-n2569417

https://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20200305/woman-arrested-in-voter-fraud-investigation

https://nypost.com/2020/05/21/ex-philly-election-official-pleads-guilty-to-voter-fraud/

Those are just the first 3 I found in about 2 seconds......There should be 0 voter fraud.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

This thread shows exactly what is wrong with our country. Most of us on this forum think the same way so the overwhelming majority agree with each other here but when you throw in the views of @BowmanMike and to some extent @Chef it is easy to see why we are where we are as a country. If this thread was split close to 50/50 like the country it would be uglier than it is......

I don't mean to pick on you @BowmanMike but I will never understand your views. To me they just don't make sense and they never will. Whether we argue about it nicely or aggressively doesn't change the fact that we will never agree. 

On top of that, to me, my views are just common sense so how someone else can't see that is maddening. @BowmanMike I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I am guessing that your views are common sense to you. This is where the problem comes from and why there has become no middle ground. I believe my views are right and have a hard time understanding why others can't see what is so blatantly obviously the right thing to do.....I am guessing the left views the same way (I am only guessing) which is why compromise is so hard. I have no idea how you fix it but we need to do something or we really will have another civil war....

You would hope that people aren't so far left of so far right that they can come up with a compromise but I rather live in a country that has a hard time coming up with a compromise than a country where you're not allowed to disagree.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Elmo said:

You would hope that people aren't so far left of so far right that they can come up with a compromise but I rather live in a country that has a hard time coming up with a compromise than a country where you're not allowed to disagree.

Latka Gravas.." In my country, everybody gets along with everybody..If you don't they shoot you".....Or words to that effect...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1