Are we watching the downfall of our country?

Nobody agrees with CNN's polls.  Even Hillary knew they were BS in 2016, but figured the masses were stupid and would go with the polls to be on the winning side.  I'm not familiar with any cease and desist order, but if he has proof the numbers are fraudulent, he's not fighting a disagreement, he's fighting a lie.

The only poll that matters is the one on election day, and that's only if we can be sure it's integrity hasn't been compromised by fraud.  The reason the left is attacking voter ID, pushing mail in voting and elimination of the electoral college is to destroy confidence in our elections so they can contest every one they lose, as well as attack Trump if he loses and can prove the election was fixed against him.

The biggest threat to our Constitution comes from the side that has said it is outdated and needs to be re-written, while attacking every part of it and ignoring it's limitations on government.  That's the left side, the Democrat side.  The Rule of Law is despised by Democrats.  They are always advocating Rule of Men, where they get to decide what the rules are, apply them differently to different situations and people, and change them anytime they feel it will gain them more power and more votes.  

If they ever gain enough power to implement their leftist agenda and eliminate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, a very large portion of the country's citizens will finally decide they are truly enemies of the people and there will be blood.  The founders warned us it could happen and advised us to be ready to revolt if it did.  That is what you will get with your support for Democrats.

Oh and BTW, Trump promotes "Nationalism", meaning love of America by all of it's citizens, not "White Nationalism".  That one word has been fed to you by leftist propagandists and you've swallowed it.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, left field said:

The question works both ways. With all the bitching about NY on this forum ... why are you guys still here? 

That is a question I have often wondered about myself.   The answer is that many would not be satisfied anywhere, because they are lost spiritually.    That leads them to focus and obsess on the dark side.

Globally, It would be hard to argue that the dark side was not making great strides under the prior Washington administration.  Look at the percentage of global land mass that was controlled by ISIS for some proof of that.  I wonder if the 4 or 5 individuals here, who are arguing so strongly against the current administration, realize that they are on the same side as those who "wish death upon the infidels".

Nationally, It would be hard to argue against the job that the current administration has done, particularly in areas like black unemployment, which had reached an all time low.     The other party does a lot of tough talking but starting with Lincoln, it has always been the Republican party that has actually delivered.   

As far as NY state goes, there is a "bright" spot that resuls from our disfunctional politics.    The hunting and fishing is so spectacular in this state (where it is relatively easy to get all the protein one needs to feed a family "for free"), that everyone and his brother would want to live here without it.    That would create a traffic nightmare on the roads, and way too much competition for our readily available "free food".   I watch some of those "Alaska" shows and it appears that those poor SOB's have a much tougher time keeping their families fed "off the fat of the land" as I do here in "the best state that there is".   

I know of only one place where things will be better than they are right here and right now.  That is because I know that the dark side will loose, as is written in the world's all time best seller.          

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

I don't think it's a spirituality issue so much as a quality of life issue.  NY is an expensive state compared to other states, all things considered.

For example, our hunting and fishing is great, but the bounty of food would hardly qualify as "free food", when one tabulates all of the expense, taxes and fees we pay in order to partake of the bounty.  Annual fees for licenses, equipment taxes, users fees, mandated expenses like steam cleaning your boat, registration fees, sales taxes, etc., as well as long term investments in firearms, fishing equipment, boats, motors, ammo, etc., amortized over many years, are still expenses.

I once sat down and started figuring costs and investments involved with my outdoor pursuits, and even though I am pretty frugal with my expenses, it still added up to a lot of money involved every year to pursue my passions.

It's spent over the years on a payment basis, and some could be recouped if I decided to quit and sell my assets, but it is far from free.

I sincerely think the expense of hunting and fishing's start up equipment, along with the government fees and taxes required to get into it, is one of the main barriers for people who consider taking up outdoor pursuits.  Sure, one can get started with next to nothing, but to really be successful in outdoor sports and really enjoy them because of the success, one always has to spend money for more and better equipment, and the money the state demands from us every year keeps going up too.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

....... as well as long term investments in firearms, fishing equipment, boats, motors, ammo, etc., amortized over many years, are still expenses.

"Free" is a bit of a stretch, but there have been a few years when my venison has came in at less than $ 1.00 per pound, including most input costs, and I often get close to that with fish.

Combining the two activities is one key to minimizing expenses.  For example, bass love bucktail jigs, especially in zebra mussel "gin-cleared" waters.  Hooks are cheap and I can always get lead for free (along with the bucktails).   I can pour some heads and tie up a few in less time than it would take me to catch nightcrawlers.  

Tons of money is wasted needlessly on hunting and fishing equipment.  Too many folks buy into the lie ""you get what you pay for".  In reality, the best things in life are free.  "A fool and his money are soon parted" is a much better fit when it comes to hunting and fishing expenses.

When it comes to boats, my primary vessel has been serving me well for more than 30 years.  I am still killing deer with the old Ithaca 16 gauge that I inherited from my grandad.  My supply of Remington sluggers, that I picked up for $ 1.00 a box when a sporting goods store went out of business up in Brewerton a few years back, is starting to get low however.   

Edited by wolc123

It's true when people have money to spend they spend it foolishly.  If they don't have a lot of money to spend, they improvise.  But NY requires people to either have money to spend or do a lot of improvising.

I suspect if this virus lock down killed a lot of the upstate economy, NY will see a huge drop off in outdoor recreation, as many people who survived on the small economy upstate had prior to the lock down, will be hard pressed to survive on what's left.

So when they look to other states that have better economies and equal outdoor recreation, they will be planning on leaving, especially when they retire and it's easy to do.

16 hours ago, Elmo said:

You would hope that people aren't so far left of so far right that they can come up with a compromise but I rather live in a country that has a hard time coming up with a compromise than a country where you're not allowed to disagree.

Hope was what we had 30 years ago. I didn't like Clinton and disagreed with 90% of his policies. But even I can admit that when he decided to work with good old Newt some good things happened. Mainly welfare reform. Now both sides just attack each other trying to regain power instead of working together. There has become no common ground because heaven forbid you let the enemy get a win. I have had Democrat friends tout welfare reform to me in the past. Like it would have ever happened without Newt but Clinton gets credit. Can let that happen any more.

Things I've heard about compromise:

A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.  

All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.  

To compromise simply means that you go a tiny bit below what you know is right.  

Compromise used to mean that half a loaf was better than no bread. Among modern statesmen it really seems to mean that half a loaf; is better than a whole loaf.  

You may either win your peace or buy it: win it, by resistance to evil; buy it, by compromise with evil.

And the truest one of all is:

A compromise is but an act of Congress. It may be overruled at any time. It gives us no security. But the Constitution is stable. It is a rock.

40 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Things I've heard about compromise:

A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.  

All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.  

To compromise simply means that you go a tiny bit below what you know is right.  

Compromise used to mean that half a loaf was better than no bread. Among modern statesmen it really seems to mean that half a loaf; is better than a whole loaf.  

You may either win your peace or buy it: win it, by resistance to evil; buy it, by compromise with evil.

And the truest one of all is:

A compromise is but an act of Congress. It may be overruled at any time. It gives us no security. But the Constitution is stable. It is a rock.

Dumbest post of the thread. Every person compromises on something sooner or later. Part of life.

18 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Dumbest post of the thread. Every person compromises on something sooner or later. Part of life.

And you think that makes things better?  Being forced to do something doesn't make it right.  You certainly don't seem to have any desire to compromise being judgemental.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rattler said:

And you think that makes things better?  Being forced to do something doesn't make it right.  You certainly don't seem to have any desire to compromise being judgemental.

You would have to live on an island by yourself to not compromise. Cant live with other people. If everyone believes they are right 100% 100% of the time there is no living together. So yes,i judged your quotes as being dumb. 

So you think everything should entail compromise?  No matter what is right, you should always compromise? 

Are you aware the term "compromised" is a pejorative term? 

Some things must never be compromised.  Some things are right 100% of the time.  Compromise is acceptable only when it produces a lasting improvement on an impasse.  Otherwise, it is of no benefit to anyone.

The people who said what I quoted were considered to be brilliant minds.  They would pity you for thinking their words were dumb.

39 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

You would have to live on an island by yourself to not compromise. Cant live with other people. If everyone believes they are right 100% 100% of the time there is no living together. So yes,i judged your quotes as being dumb. 

I guess the Dems should be relocated to an island all by themselves...They believe they are 100% right 100% of the time, although it is painfully obvious they are not.

• Like 1

Just an example:  

"Three weeks ago, House Democrats passed the HEROES Act. It was a $3 trillion bailout for bloated, Democrat-run big cities. They called it the 'HEROES Act,' claiming it was intended to prevent police officers, fire fighters and nurses from losing their jobs due to urban budget cuts. Fast forward three weeks and a big part of the Democrat Party is now demanding that we abolish police departments. For many progressives it seems cops went from being heroes to zeroes in three weeks." —Gary Bauer

36 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Then Pluto would be warm for you hahah

Like Sam McGee, l hate the cold. 

There are strange things done in the midnight sun
      By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
      That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
      But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
      I cremated Sam McGee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I guess the Dems should be relocated to an island all by themselves...They believe they are 100% right 100% of the time, although it is painfully obvious they are not.

The same can be said about the other side. 

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

I thought for sure " Storm" was back once again after reading your off the wall Quotes.. Rattler makes much more sense then you do.

That is your opinion. Rattlers quotes seem pretty off the wall to me,my opinion. 

Oh,i wanted to go back to Kurt Russells meme about the electoral college. I think that is a bogus set up. Why would people object to a one person one vote standard? Instead the electoral college gives rural districts more power per vote,and the republican redistricting is taking full advantage of it. That is not fair in my opinion,and i am 100 % right on that , haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

The same can be said about the other side. 

You are right! The Republicans thought they were 100% correct when they were against: the creation of bail reform, letting the inmates free so they didn’t get corona, allowing open borders, allowing mail in voting, voting in Obama care without knowing the verbiage contained therein......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@BowmanMike

I have respectfully disagreed with several of your posts, pointed out why I thought they were incorrect. Never once said you were dumb or idiotic. Why is it I think you can be untitled to your own opinion and respect that no matter how wrong I believe they are but you disagree and people are dumb? I 100% agree with the Russell meme. I have 100% disagreed with every post you have put in this thread but not once have I said you were dumb or idiotic

• Like 4

As for compromise I think it was Obama who perfected asking for ridiculous demands so any "compromise" gave everything he wanted, only seems reasonable to compromise, right? I have asked people before how many of us need to be killed by illegal aliens before the Dems feel it's too many and I feel whatever it takes to guarantee their power is the correct answer. Only now it includes Police Officers and Ameicans killed by rioters. Now add in the complicit media and they have a billion dollar propaganda machine. Did anyone notice the media describes rioters as "protesters". This nation wide coordinated violent uprising is supposed to be in response to an isolated criminal act, which was swiftly dealt with by the police, to help the Dems just like Black Lives Matter was created to help Obama get reelected when he didn't deserve it. By his own standard, Obama said when elected if I don't fix the economy don't reelect me. So he needed help. Please remember when they found sixteen different Democrat fund raising organizations using the same defunct funeral home in New Orleans for "offices" ie a place to collect donations, that one organization was referred to by the Dems as "Rent a Riot". Not so funny now is it?

• Like 4