Are we watching the downfall of our country?

27 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Oh,i wanted to go back to Kurt Russells meme about the electoral college. I think that is a bogus set up. Why would people object to a one person one vote standard? Instead the electoral college gives rural districts more power per vote,and the republican redistricting is taking full advantage of it. That is not fair in my opinion,and i am 100 % right on that , haha.

I hate to tell you this, but you do not understand why the Electoral College was put in place and why it is needed in this Republic.  We are not a Democracy, which becomes tyranny by 51% of the vote and is exactly what brought Rome to it's knees.  We are a representative Republic that operates on the Rule of Law.   It is your opinion, but if we want to derail this thread discussing it, you may come to realize you are not even 10% right about that subject, but would probably stubbornly adhere to your position out of pride.

• Like 5

Ok,what it all really boils down to is that most folks here think Fox news is speaking the truth,every other media outlet is lying. We are not even able to agree on facts,because either has their beliefs.

It is hard to discuss anything when we have next to nothing to start from. I just felt i had to bring a different point of view to this thread. It really belongs in the political section,but since it wasn't i am participating.

You guys believe your facts,i will stick with mine. Happy hunting,bowseason cant come soon enough.

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

most folks here think Fox news is speaking the truth

For me Fox news has nothing to do with my political thinking and feelings, I listen directly to what Democrats say to the public about their platform and policies and take them for their word. I make my decisions on what comes out of their mouths and I do not like what I am hearing or seeing.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

Mike, I know that seems true but look at the facts. When Obama was in office the media said nothing about illegal children in custody but when Trump gets elected every media outlet uses pics from Obama's administration to attack Trump. Only found out pics were from Obama's time on Fox. Coincidence or coordinated? For three years every Democrat said Trump was a traitor but not only did the Mueller Report exonerate him, Rosenstein just admitted under oath before the Senate they knew this was false in the summer of 17 but they let it waste $30 million and drag out to give them an advantage in the mid term elections. The other night I think a CNN reporter stood in front of burning buildings and said it was a mostly peaceful demonstration. Really? 

• Like 3

Ok,what it all really boils down to is that most folks here think Fox news is speaking the truth,every other media outlet is lying. We are not even able to agree on facts,because either has their beliefs.
It is hard to discuss anything when we have next to nothing to start from. I just felt i had to bring a different point of view to this thread. It really belongs in the political section,but since it wasn't i am participating.
You guys believe your facts,i will stick with mine. Happy hunting,bowseason cant come soon enough.

You are correct here Fox News is complete bullshit. It is not news it is a skewed version of the facts. The funny part is some at fox have made an attempt to speak out against trump and when they do he attacks fox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If politicians are so hated and unpopular why are the super wealthy always trying to buy them? Our government no longer works for the people. Many of us here want to believe everything is honky dory because we might feel we are in a pretty good place in life (nice pickup and wife's new SUV, nice house, maybe a boat etc ) but in reality the forces that be are working diligently on getting our goodies too. It's happening slowly, but each coming generation will feel the effect. 

And if one likes the way the city of Seattle is being governed that is what a vote for Biden will bring you.
Al

Again no, those actions are a direct result of the current presidency

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

That is your opinion. Rattlers quotes seem pretty off the wall to me,my opinion. 

Oh,i wanted to go back to Kurt Russells meme about the electoral college. I think that is a bogus set up. Why would people object to a one person one vote standard? Instead the electoral college gives rural districts more power per vote,and the republican redistricting is taking full advantage of it. That is not fair in my opinion,and i am 100 % right on that , haha.

Republican redistricting? Where? The entire state of New York has been gerrymandered for pure Democratic advantage.

C9906F98-4DAB-47C0-836C-FA2908CD8A3C.jpeg

• Like 2

Republican redistricting? Where? The entire state of New York has been gerrymandered for pure Democratic advantage.
C9906F98-4DAB-47C0-836C-FA2908CD8A3C.thumb.jpeg.ce0b66415a7262ca49105dad458b0ac3.jpeg

If that was even remotely true 26 and 27 would be one district. Come on man

Here's an example of compromise being bad.  Democrats have been demanding compromise from gun owners for decades now and gun owners have accepted compromises.  However, it has been entirely one way.  Democrats have never compromised to gun owner's benefit.  They threaten to demand even more oppressive gun laws if gun owners don't accept their current demands.

Seeing it's a autonomous zone bring in the army and ring the zone don't go in though. Just keep them from getting out. Next turn off the power and the water and do not let any food in and just wait it out. After 5 days give them a list of demands that they have to do before they can leave. One of the demands would be is that they clean up there mess. Let them exit out one way and arrest all the leaders.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Again no, those actions are a direct result of the current presidency

But he said the way Seattle ( a city I visit quite often ) is Governed , not why the armed protesters took over six blocks .
The Mayor ( ya know the one who governs Seattle ) has called them patriots .

Seattle has a long and rich history of anarchy,  remember the WTO riots of ‘99 ?

They succeeded in driving  out gun shops through regulations and taxes .

Seattle was one of  the first if not the first to make a $15 an hour minimum wage .  

Workers bill of rights , heavy progressive taxes on businesses , progressive ideology’s often get their start Seattle .

What shows the failed progressive leadership of the city the most may well ,be the decades of homeless that crowd the city , if you’re not stepping over  a slug , you’re stepping over a bum .

They do have some great cinnamon buns , and Red Hook brews some good beer , that seems about it though . Oh their REI store is like five stories ! 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, airedale said:

For me Fox news has nothing to do with my political thinking and feelings, I listen directly to what Democrats say to the public about their platform and policies and take them for their word. I make my decisions on what comes out of their mouths and I do not like what I am hearing or seeing.

Al

Yes sir, I agree with ya.

When someone stands at a podium, looks straight into the camera, and says they want to stomp on my 2nd amendment rights, AGAIN. It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.

When someone proclaims they want to open the borders, let everyone come in! That we will welcome, and support them, even give them drivers licenses, and also let them vote! It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.

At a rally someone proclaims to the cheering crowd, that the government will take care of you! Even if you don't want to get off your lazy butt and work, give you free health care, and free tuition for your kids! It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.

When a politician smiles, kneels down, and panders, to criminal thugs, destroying, looting, and causing mayhem in their own neighborhoods, or anywhere there is easy pickings for profit. Demanding a change that could be given peacefully, by many. It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.

When I see their actions, and hear what comes from a persons own mouth. It matters little what news format is covering the statement, when I decide who I do, or don't agree with, or support.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Yes sir, I agree with ya.
When someone stands at a podium, looks straight into the camera, and says they want to stomp on my 2nd amendment rights, AGAIN. It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.
When someone proclaims they want to open the borders, let everyone come in! That we will welcome, and support them, even give them drivers licenses, and also let them vote! It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.
At a rally someone proclaims to the cheering crowd, that the government will take care of you! Even if you don't want to get off your lazy butt and work, give you free health care, and free tuition for your kids! It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.
When a politician smiles, kneels down, and panders, to criminal thugs, destroying, looting, and causing mayhem in their own neighborhoods, or anywhere there is easy pickings for profit. Demanding a change that could be given peacefully, by many. It matters little, what news format is covering the statement.
When I see their actions, and hear what comes from a persons own mouth. It matters little what news format is covering the statement, when I decide who I do, or don't agree with, or support.

Obviously it really does matter what news source it comes from, I say this because you are getting a twisted view of reality.
Most democrats don’t want open borders they want a clear Path to come here legally, they also want to try and help people who have been here for years attain legal status.

They have also not kneeled in solidarity with rioters but have with peaceful protesters. Wouldn’t you say this would encourage protested instead of riot?

It is all about where you get your news. Fox is not news but a skewed interpretation of the news

e66d9940f25c50ad90d0aeb916a7f404.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

Obviously it really does matter what news source it comes from, I say this because you are getting a twisted view of reality.
Most democrats don’t want open borders they want a clear Path to come here legally, they also want to try and help people who have been here for years attain legal status.

They have also not kneeled in solidarity with rioters but have with peaceful protesters. Wouldn’t you say this would encourage protested instead of riot?

It is all about where you get your news. Fox is not news but a skewed interpretation of the news

e66d9940f25c50ad90d0aeb916a7f404.jpg

Respectfully disagree man.

I'm not simple enough to get a biased view from only one source. As I said above, I tend to listen, see, and hear for myself, when forming my own opinion. And, I'm not trying to change anyone elses. Have a good day sir.

• Like 1

One has to take the time . I spent the time to watch the state of the union last year. I watched the whole thing .  Then my wife and I enjoyed flipping the channels  and watching  different coverage from CNN Fox msnbc. They all cherry pick stories ... cut soundbites out of context ...  cnn and msnbc out and out right lied .  They reported opinions as facts .  The spin doctors really put on a show . There is no journalistic  integrity.  No facts are reported  just opinions half truths and  out right lies. 

Just the facts man ... just the facts. 

Who what where when and how ... keep your opinions to yourself  . They pander to the lame brain  twits  that cant have a conscious  thought of there own . They tell inflammatory  stories  to push their social agendas... hell some of  the lies are so bad they cant even tell a story without  smirking ... 

Look at dumbass chuck todd  he got caught  in disinformation  last week and when called on the carpet he passed the buck .. with a half assed walk back . There is no news ... it's all opinion!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1