Are we watching the downfall of our country?

9 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

It says right in the first paragraph that the per capita rate of people shot is the highest for the black ethnicity. 

Talk about a narrow view. What is says is: Rate of fatal police shootings in the United States from 2015 to June 2020, by ethnicity (per million of the population)  The chart shows the actual number of shootings period.

In case you didn't know figures lie and liars figure.

15 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

also have no experience with growing up in a ghetto,but I think it is not hard to see that black people face more obstacles then white folks,as do Hispanics

Some of my best friends have been black but if you were ever to look at the percentage of crimes being committed you would find the overwhelming majority to be black. I am not a racist but someone committing a serious crime needs to go to jail regardless of their color or ethnicity. I have heard a number of "Afro Americans" state they need to improve their image as a race by improving in a number of areas.

I have worked and served with all kinds ethnic groups and can tell you most of the obstacles you speak of they create themselves. They have the same chances in most cases as everyone else. Just like everyone else the choices you make determine your future.

Everything is not a race issue like all the media and self-serving politicians are making it out to be.

Stand up and be responsible for person you become instead of just laying back and saying "I can't make it because of my race" when thousands of your own race can prove you wrong.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Per captia blacks are almost 2 times more likely to be killed in a police shooting.

Some of the understanding of statics on here is woeful.

You are correct. People tend to interpret statistics they way they want to fit their own agenda. Similar to saying something like a white person shot by police by average only requires 2 bullets to be stopped and a black person by average requires six. Using your and BowmanMike's thought process one could easily say that blacks are being shot at more when in reality the number of whites and blacks being shot at are the same but blacks are being shot at more because more bullets are used.

Liars figure and figures lie. Overall when comparing soup to nuts more white people are shot by police than black people as the chart indicates. Per capita means nothing in the overall comparison of who is getting shot the most by police.

• Like 1

You are correct. People tend to interpret statistics they way they want to fit their own agenda. Similar to saying something like a white person shot by police by average only requires 2 bullets to be stopped and a black person by average requires six. Using your and BowmanMike's thought process one could easily say that blacks are being shot at more when in reality the number of whites and blacks being shot at are the same but blacks are being shot at more because more bullets are used.

Liars figure and figures lie. Overall when comparing soup to nuts more white people are shot by police than black people as the chart indicates. Per capita means nothing in the overall comparison of who is getting shot the most by police.

Your response shows this a discussion not worth having. Have a good evening.

4 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Your response shows this a discussion not worth having. Have a good evening.

Once again you are correct. The entire discussion  about black lives matter and racism is not either.

ALL lives should matter. Good evening to you also:hi:

"Emotions neither prove nor disprove facts. There was a time when any rational adult understood this. But years of dumbed-down education and emphasis on how people 'feel' have left too many people unable to see through this media gimmick." —Thomas Sowell

12 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Per captia blacks are almost 2 times more likely to be killed in a police shooting.

Some of the understanding of statics on here is woeful.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

12 hours ago, Trial153 said:

What does per capita have to do with it? If one area of the per capita is committing most of the crime. 

Nobody wants to have ever have an honest discussion. They just try to fit the facts to fit their agenda. 

What nobody seems willing to say is very simple: If you follow the law, you will never have an interaction with the police no matter what color you are...….

Somehow I have made it to 47 and my only interactions with police have been traffic violations a couple time. Did I like getting a ticket? Heck no. Did I give the cop a hard time. No, I used yes sir, no sir, thank you sir, have  nice day.....

My best friend is Mexican and I have a really good black friend. I pick on them both and they pick on me for being white. Its all joking between good friends. Neither of them have had a run in with the police because of their ethnicity. Neither of them support BLM and they are both Trump supporters. Most importantly they are two of the best people I have ever met and I would trust either with anything. They are both disgusted by what is happening and both have made firearm purchases recently with a lot of input from me. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

It says right in the first paragraph that the per capita rate of people shot is the highest for the black ethnicity. 

Let's just talk probabilities. According to the FBI consolidated statistics even though blacks make up less than 15% of the population they commit 50% of the violent crime. (some classifications higher and some lower but is averages to about 50%). These are not opinions. If any section of a population was participating in activities that put them at a higher risk of negative interactions with police I would expect their death by police number to reflect it. If the police had the "systemic" issues that are claimed I would expect that based on the percentages  of committed crimes, the death rate of blacks by police would be higher than the percentages for white, Hispanic or other.  The death rate doesn't reflect that. If 50% of violent crime is conducted equally by blacks and whites and the black death rate is lower than the white death rate, the wide spread systemic racism has an issue. the per capita of the general population really doesn't play into it other than the reflect that a higher percentage of blacks are omitting violent crimes. That, again, is not opinion. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

The Trix rabbit offends me! lol

Forgot Captain Crunch and Mr. Pop Tart. may as well burn down Quaker Oats plant....those sonofabees….Please don't mess with Mr. Smith and Mrs. Wesson...although I think they can take care of themselves...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rattler said:

Here's some simple stats you guys can chew on.  It seems to be a culture problem more than a racial one.

No seems to be, it is a culture problem plain as the nose on your face but nobody wants to admit it, not  PC, the truth hurts!

Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, airedale said:

No seems to be, it is a culture problem plain as the nose on your face but nobody wants to admit it, not  PC, the truth hurts!

Al

"Lawlessness is the hallmark of many black communities. Ultimately, the solution to this lawlessness rests with black people. ... Unfortunately, politicians who call for law and order are often viewed negatively. But that makes little sense. Poor people are more dependent on law and order than anyone else. In the face of high crime or social disorder, wealthier people can afford to purchase alarm systems, buy guard dogs, hire guards and, if things get too bad, move to a gated community. These options are not available to poor people. Their only protection is an orderly society." —Walter Williams

"Lawlessness is the hallmark of many black communities. Ultimately, the solution to this lawlessness rests with black people. ... Unfortunately, politicians who call for law and order are often viewed negatively. But that makes little sense. Poor people are more dependent on law and order than anyone else. In the face of high crime or social disorder, wealthier people can afford to purchase alarm systems, buy guard dogs, hire guards and, if things get too bad, move to a gated community. These options are not available to poor people. Their only protection is an orderly society." —Walter Williams

Wow that post wasn’t racist or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

HA HA HA!  Walter Williams is BLACK!
williams.jpg?itok=jUqp3jEr&key=91c12f961ced9314af31194c65317c13997c459fb3bca8c3c280a1c068efc9b0

That’s great doesn’t give you the right to quote his words on your racist crusade...

Black people use the word Ni-a all the time doesn’t mean you can

He's talking about cities like Chicago and he's telling the truth.  Want to fix the problem or are you just interested in virtue signalling and endearing yourself to minority communities?

I have a right to quote anything anyone else says about anything, especially when it points out the fallacy of social justice warriors agenda.  If blacks use any word freely, saying whites can't is blatant racism.  How anyone doesn't see that is beyond comprehension.  I'm really getting sick of this BS racism agenda.  It's not a one way street and the victim mentality ain't cutting it anymore.

Everyone throwing stones instead of working to identify and solve the problem IS the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have some black friends. One of my fishing buddies is black. We have been friends for almost 20 yrs. When he first found out I am Sicilian, he laughed and told me I was the Ni**a of the Italian race. Anyway, he has told me more than once that black ppl are more racist than white ppl could ever be. He has gone as far as to ask me not to come over once or twice because certain family members of his were gonna be there and they would lose it if they saw me, the white man, there. (That boy can BBQ!) He has confided in me that his ppl cause more problems for themselves than society could ever. He also said, some of his ppl play the race card only because they are racist and want the white man to suffer. All this from a black man’s lips. And he loves venison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Chef said:

Wow that post wasn’t racist or anything

I know it is so easy to just toss out the tag of "racist"  but i am sincerely wondering what about that quote you view as racist? is it an emotional response? The quote is pretty accurate under the canvas of statistical crime numbers. 

• Like 1