No more shotgun for Elmer....

mowin

Elmer Fudd Will Be Using a Different Hunting Tool Moving Forward

Andrea Francese | MORE ARTICLES

June 8, 2020

The famed cartoon characters from Warner Bros. are going through a bit of a revival. Not only are fans eagerly awaiting the arrival of Space Jam 2 next year, but they have 1,000 minutes of brand new cartoon footage to sift through on HBO Max. The new streaming provider has revived the famed Looney Tunes, but fans might notice something a little bit different as they work through the hundreds of shorts ordered for the platform. Elmer Fudd won’t have his trusty gun when he’s out huntin’ wabbits.

• Confused 1

As a former animator who grew up on Looney Toons, got to meet a few guys who worked at “The Termite Terrace” (and two of Disney’s “old men”), and still laugh like hell at “Duck, Rabbit, Duck”, Elmer Fudd without a gun is the stupidest thing I’ve heard all day. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, left field said:

As a former animator who grew up on Looney Toons, got to meet a few guys who worked at “The Termite Terrace” (and two of Disney’s “old men”), and still laugh like hell at “Duck, Rabbit, Duck”, Elmer Fudd without a gun is the stupidest thing I’ve heard all day. 

Thank you very much, My Friend...Crap like this makes me glad that I am getting old and won't have to tolerate it much longer....

• Like 5

I saw this yesterday. I couldn’t believe it. The article said something along the lines of they will still use sticks of TNT because they are cartoonish and no one believes you can go around throwing TNT.

I guess they think everyone believes you can go around shooting guns off and saying "I'm the meanest, roughest, toughest hombre that's ever crossed the Rio Grande - and I ain't o namby-bamby!" "I'm the hootin'est, tootin'est, shootin'est, bob-tail wildcat, in the west!" "I'm the fastest gun north, south, east, aaaaaaaand west of the Pecos!" "When I say whoa, I mean whoa!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s stupid as heck. But on a similar note, I had to explain this page here when I read the adventures of curious George to my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_1360.thumb.jpg.a9fb6cc3fec237bc8a36ab43bef6249f.jpg
Explain to him that George is an adult and indeed a nice full belly and a lovely pipe are indeed quite relaxing

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

I put old tom and Jerry on for my son ,it was a completely different reaction to the stuff he normally watches . He typically watches science type shows where they teach some tid bits of information ,he basically looks like a zombie staring at the screen . I put tom and jerry on and the kid is almost in tears laughing while they kick the shit out of each other. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The crazy thing is that they replace the gun with something that would probably get you fined up the wazoo by Fish and Game. 

“What are you doing with the scythe, Sir?”

”Rabbit hunting.”

”Why don’t you have seat right here.”

So, looking for more information I came across this: 

image.jpeg.eceb9f144782060445f1e80c97d05c0b.jpeg

Is this a thing? 

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

It is.  Usually coming from people who own black semi's and other high capacity firearms who get offended if someone doesn't defend their choices.  I'm not one of them BTW, but there are people who criticize their collections.