All Time Favorite Lure?

airedale

Was talking with some friends about fishing lures and what was the one that had the most success. I believe I have caught more fish using the Mepps Minnow inline spinner of various sizes than any other. At one time or another I think I have caught just about every species of fish there is to catch where I have fished using a Mepps even a Bullhead and a Carp.

Al

2020-06-16_152448.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Fun fact : I’ve never caught a fish on a Mepps. Give me a Panther Martin any day . Here’s one in 3 days I caught 40 smallmouth, a sheephead , a steelhead and a catfish with. Today it became a sacrifice to the fish gods. Please bow your heads for a moment of silence. Also love a 3” Gulp minnow and 1/8 ounce jig head for smallmouth ae4cb702cbf2e38d211946c9dd99cae5.jpg
No idea what it’s supposed to represent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

That's a difficult choice.  Cause it depends on the species.  But if I have to pick one it's this.  Jr thunderstick in this chartreuse and orange. Never have seen one like it since.  Have caught walleye, bass, trout and my biggest ever 43" northern. I retired it that day.  Hardly any paint left on it anyway.  My buddy named it "the Satan lure".  I lost it twice when fish cut my line and it floated back to the top of the water to fish another day.  Lol. 

IMG_20200616_170821802.jpg

IMG_20200616_170915521.jpg

• Like 2

Hair jigs, tied by  yours truly....Colors may vary, but it is hard to go wrong with black or brown, unless you are fishing for salmonoids that are feeding  on shiny baitfish, in which case white or yellow may work better..

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Hair jigs, tied by  yours truly....Colors may vary, but it is hard to go wrong with black or brown, unless you are fishing for salmonoids that are feeding  on shiny baitfish, in which case white or yellow may work better..

Hang on, after I digest my dinner I'll snap a picture of said Killer Lure.

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Please do, we can’t have you cramping up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh man, we called an audible tonight as we were bushed; tuna sangwich for me and salad for her (with tuna on top).   OK, I'll get up........getting sleepy too!

• Like 1