Excited already?

burmjohn

I'm just now starting to get a bit of an urge to pick the bow up and start checking things out. I'm seeing deer getting whacked all over the roads, and from the look of trails and a few actual sightings, it looks like there will be no shortage of deer. I almost ran the lawnmower over a fawn the other day. It was right on the edge of the lawn laying right out in plain sight, but I was half awake staring off into the thicket next to the yard and didn't see the little critter until he jumped up at about 8' away and took off. Same thing happened last year.

I've been making my periodic walks around the hill and it looks like all the usual areas are being well used, so yep, I'm just now beginning to get a bit psyched.

However, having said all that, I still have an awful lot of summer to enjoy yet. Occasional fishing trips, and other vacation activities. I want to soak up as much of this heat as I can and try to remember these nice warm days when I'm going into my third hour of freezing on stand. I swore last year that I would thoroughly use and enjoy the whole summer instead of wishing it away waiting for deer season ...... lol. And by golly that's exactly what I'm doing.

Doc

I would start getting out in the back yard and shooting my bow if it wasnt still at the shop for warranty work. Its been there for months waiting on PSE to send parts. I dont think Ill be buying PSE again after this. Warranty service is a big issue for me when I consider purchasing things.

I shoot a Darton Avalanche. It's only been used 1 season (by me). I wouldn't know how good it is vs other brands, but the reviews were good. Based on what I have heard, Darton is a good bow, just not as well marketed. I shot a Hoyt when I picked up all my accessories (the Darton was a gift), and I can say that the hoyt was so easy to shoot and very smooth. This was 2 seasons ago. A close friend just picked up the Hoyt Alphaburner or Alphamax??? Last season and he loves it.

I love my Mathews Switchback XT and have had super success with it, its super quiet, fast and very accurate. Not because I have a Mathews , but they always appear to be on the forefront of innovation. Would love to get my hands on the new mathews Z7. Anyone try the Z7 yet?

I love my Mathews Switchback XT and have had super success with it, its super quiet, fast and very accurate. Not because I have a Mathews , but they always appear to be on the forefront of innovation. Would love to get my hands on the new mathews Z7. Anyone try the Z7 yet?

yep I tried it, didn't like it 100%. While very smooth, it felt tourqy in my hands. A 7in brace height is ok but there are other bows that have more and are a hare lighter too. Oha nd I also didn't care for the price tag but thats just me.

• 3 weeks later...

I am excited, but I only have a bear grizzly 50 pound recurve. Niosights I shoot instinct.  Here in the norhtern zone we get 4 days in september to start an duse the tags I already have. Otherwise I do not do much with the bow. I take thw week of early muzzleload.ing off and hunt a lot that week since smokepoles are my thing.  I get an early week fo rmuzzle and a late (the week before and after regular seaon.)  That is my favorite time

• 2 weeks later...

I am super excited! i was doing some scouting and walked a big circle really and when i came back to our food plot not 45 minutes later there were 4 nice bucks in it... 2 were in the high 130s and the other 2 were in the 120 area.

It got me amped up fast! lol