Fiesta Sausage

2012_taco

I picked up some sausage from Niagara County Produce yesterday that I've never seen there before. it was called Fiesta Sausage. They said it had pepper jack cheese and pineapple in it. I threw a couple links on the grill last night and it was awesome! Nice kick from the cheese and I liked the pineapple. Now the search is on to find a recipe so I can try to make it with venison. Has anyone ever made anything like it? I believe the base recipe would be a mild Italian sausage?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds Interesting. 

I have done Italian sausage with pepper jack cheese before but never the pineapple. I buy an Italian sausage seasoning package from Pixley's in Akron. its good for about 25 pounds. I do half venison and half pork butt with 2 pounds of Hi-Temp pepper jack cheese that can be bought at "The Sausage Maker" on Clinton street in Buffalo. You can also get the casing from their as well. 

Mix all the ground and cheese together and run it through the grinder one more time then stuff it in the casing. With adding the Pineapple i'm not sure that would want to go through the grinder because it might make the pieces to small and lose the flavor of it. As a test run I would just cube the Pineapple real small and mix it in just before stuffing the sausage.   

If you try it let me know how it turns out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_C said:

I have been wanting to stuff my meat in a pineapple for quite some time... ah, um, stuff a pineapple with meat I mean...

Some of the recipes I have seen use sausage, some use pork.

I saved a recipe for this too, just haven't done it yet. Looked awesome

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, 2012_taco said:

I picked up some sausage from Niagara County Produce yesterday that I've never seen there before. it was called Fiesta Sausage. They said it had pepper jack cheese and pineapple in it. I threw a couple links on the grill last night and it was awesome! Nice kick from the cheese and I liked the pineapple. Now the search is on to find a recipe so I can try to make it with venison. Has anyone ever made anything like it? I believe the base recipe would be a mild Italian sausage?

Check this spice blend out.https://www.waltonsinc.com/hawaiian-sausage-seasoning or this onehttps://www.waltonsinc.com/pineapple-bratwurst-seasoning

Walton's has a ton of sausage spice blends and usually can find info on site for recommended mixes for wild game.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I might just run by the "NCP" today and buy some, ready to give a second (highly coveted opinion) on said sausage......... :)

I didn't make it to NCP.........a major detour happened and I didn't go that direction.  Maybe tomorrow if I don't fry at work.

44 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Fiesta Sausage is what @Biz calls his Vegas trips with his boyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice try. I've only been to vegas once on a bachelor party and it was nonstop interaction with girls from the around world. all my other trips there were with groups of girls.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, 2012_taco said:

I haven’t tried that one yet or seen it. Niagara produce has the state fair sausage with peppers and onions in it that is phenomenal. And I hate onions!!!!! They are big enough to pull out... lol

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, Lawdwaz said:

I didn't make it to NCP.........a major detour happened and I didn't go that direction.  Maybe tomorrow if I don't fry at work.

Today I made it.....a quick stop for ONLY sausage cost me $52 lol

I'll follow up with a full review after supper. 

AE77A4BB-5999-4291-B461-7CF704E8D4AB.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Fiesta Sausage is what @Biz calls his Vegas trips with his boyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I threaded a couple of pineapple rings on  " Little Clarkie" and offered it to The Mermaid.. She declined....Must be she doesn't like fruit...

• Haha 1