Has anyone else noticed the lack of success as of late???

Four Season Whitetail's

Has anyone else noticed that the number"s of bow take has dropped of in the last week or so??

Seem's like the end of oct and first of nov there were 2 or 3 takes on here everyday. Early chase phase??? Buck's lockin up with doe's now??? What's your thought's!!! I am heading back to letchworth for a few day's of bow and then a few of shotgun...Hope thing's are still rollin down there!

Ive noticed the take goes up on weekends, but Ive seen plenty of success this week. One thing to remember is that alot of guys are starting to prep for gun season, so they arent bow hunting quite as much as in previous weeks. Ive still been seeing plenty of bucks feeding in fields full of does and not chasing them. I have mostly seen the smaller bucks chasing, and still think that its not going to really blow up until the tail end of bow/first week of gun season. Just my opinion for my general area though.

Been warm. It was great late Oct and early Nov. See more deer in my yard at night than in the woods during the day. The boys don't have any interest in the girls right now but that going to change in a few day for sure. just a matter of time before it really goes strong.

I went back and checked the harvest post!! From oct 23rd to Nov 2nd=14 harvest's....Nov 3rd to present=6 harvest.. I know the day i took my buck they were going nut-so. I have not seen to many buck's at our place. 17 doe's and fawn's in the bean's last night and not one horn!! Also had a doe and two fawn;s come out together in another field. Sure looked like they were her's but real hard to say that!!! Just seem's kinda slow around here and on the harvest thread!!!! Hope it starts slamin the next 10 days because i will be lost in the tree's!!!!

They're not even chasing where I hunt in 3G. Watched a 4 pointer walk by an adult doe this morning, and he had no interest at all. Funny thing, also, is that the doe still had 2 youngsters with her. Weird!

Same here 13BVET (Happy Veteran's Day BTW :-)), seen the same 6 pointer twice within 3 days, just walking around with the doe, no shot opportunity, lately last 2 weeks I see total drop in activity in 3G, no does, nothing. I wonder when it will pick up, getting bored just sitting there...:-)

Activity was MUCH better from mid-late October for me. Saw a lot of scrape activity (pics and videos), a lot of different bucks on the move, 30-40% of the activity was during daylight hours, and I got pics of big mature bucks moving. Now, scrapes are DEAD, 95% of the activity that I do see on the trailcams are from night time, I haven't gotten pics of any mature bucks in ~10 days now. I just don't know! I was sitting in the stand this morning thinking, "Did I miss something?"

The one and only buck that I saw showing any interest in does was on 10/25 and he was "half-heartedly" chasing/harassing her. That's it! I haven't seen any bucks cruising with their nose to the ground, no chasing, haven't heard any grunting, haven't called in any bucks by grunting like I usually do, nothing!

I've been out 26 times so far, and season has only been open for 29 days, so I put in my time out in the stand. It was definately better early season.

Granted, the warm spell sucked, which was immediately followed by the full moon. I never see squat for activity around a full moon. I'm hoping Charlie was right with his dates this year. He said the rut "sweet spot" would be 11/12-11/20. No, I don't put much stock into his predictions, but I do pay attention out of curiosity. I'm off for the next 16 days. We'll see how things progress...

I have noticed it but i have to say i think its all going to change very fast..it was real nice out so the deer could stay on a low key pattern..now that it late rut and just starting to get cold them deer are looking for lots of food and lots of doe so there on the move worrying a lot less about hunters!!It seems to be my predictions are a little right,,me and my buddy went out this morning and seen first bucks of the year and he shot a little 3 pointer!!~Good Luck~