Yote killing buck....

growalot

• 2 weeks later...

Cool pics. Looks like the deer was wounded already (guts coming out of the rectum).

Looks like bite marks, it's common for coyotes and other predatory animals to draw attention to the front of the animal while another attacks the rear. This post gives me plenty of incentive to do some hardcore coyote hunting this winter.

clearly it looks as if deer was all ready wounded a buck of that size should have no problem defending of a coyote or two if it was not already wounded it would have put up way more fight and not hung out in front of the camera and let those dogs eat its ass well it was still alive i would guess hit by car or shot or some other injury started it all

Amazing photos... I also have to assume that buck was already hurt or ill, something was wrong with it and those yotes took advantage. Still wasn't easy for the yotes, took hours to get the buck down.

I let it run through twice. Never saw a dead deer. In fact, it repeated baack to the 22:00 hour.

That buck is clearly dead. It doesn't move for hours and the yotes ate the back half of him out and the buzzards were picking at him the next morning. Also, the guy was holding the skull of the deer at the end!

EDIT: Here is an individual pic, I am pretty sure that's a dead deer. http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/wp-content/gallery/coyotes-kill-buck/455.jpg

Edited by SteveNY

Something about this doesn't seem right. Perhaps this is a high fenced area? Just hard to imagine a free ranging monster deer happen to stay in such close quarters in front of the trail cam. I didn't see any related articles explaining. I'm just saying..

in my opinion that is a extremely heat stressed deer. that just is running out of fight. remember that winter stress here is the equivlent of summer stress in texas. Also i have shot and watched many deer expire and if anyone says that harvesting an animal with a firearm or bow is worse than what mother nature does. they can come see me.

• Like 1

in my opinion that is a extremely heat stressed deer. that just is running out of fight. remember that winter stress here is the equivlent of summer stress in texas. Also i have shot and watched many deer expire and if anyone says that harvesting an animal with a firearm or bow is worse than what mother nature does. they can come see me.

Well Stated !

Amazing photos... I also have to assume that buck was already hurt or ill, something was wrong with it and those yotes took advantage. Still wasn't easy for the yotes, took hours to get the buck down.

That buck is clearly dead. It doesn't move for hours and the yotes ate the back half of him out and the buzzards were picking at him the next morning. Also, the guy was holding the skull of the deer at the end!

EDIT: Here is an individual pic, I am pretty sure that's a dead deer. http://www.deerandde...ll-buck/455.jpg

The slideshow I watched never got to that.