Fan/cape display

alloutdoors

Finished the display for my son's first turkey taken during the PA youth season. Pictures are from the week we spent in GA as well as the success in PA. The wood for the display is all from old pallets that I ripped apart. He wants to clean the skull so that will probably be going on here eventually too.

_DSC4201.thumb.jpg.bb6a5000ddfafb7d05c2a9a1a2dfe0c9.jpg

• Like 18

Very nice work on the display. The wood from the pallets looks awesome. I'm guessing that the cut down shotgun shell casing at the top of the beard is the actual shell that he used to bag the gobbler.           valoroutdoors.com 

Very nice work on the display. The wood from the pallets looks awesome. I'm guessing that the cut down shotgun shell casing at the top of the beard is the actual shell that he used to bag the gobbler.           valoroutdoors.com 

Reasonable guess, but actually the .410 hull sitting on the bottom frame to the left of the beard is what was used. I’ve always used 12ga hulls to display beards just because they fit the best and I have a bunch of them laying around that are already cut up for this purpose. I was actually thinking about wrapping the top of the beard with a piece of buckskin at some point, but this was the easiest way to display it for now.