A little political and a lot of humor . .

I had an hour to kill this afternoon before attending a commencement. Cruising around a neighboring village I found myself on a very stately side street. I was admiring the nice architecture, the very neat and nicely done landscaping. Some very what I would call "classy" homes. I was impressed. Then I saw something that caught my eye. I travelled on but knew I had to turn around, go back and get a pic. 

I can assure you this is an original pic, taken by myself today! I took the pic from the street and from inside my car. I did crop and zoom it to better illustrate the subject matter but it's not been altered and it's not from the net. I thought something was missing from the display. Look closely and tell us what you think might be missing.

Please keep your responses clean lol. Bonus points awarded for hunting humor and mentions of semi-auto weapons. Know ahead of time however that I already have you beat. I had a quick chat with the person that set it up and it was epic . . . 

20200627_232456.jpg

Rattler you've got to be kidding! A white chair is absolutely required to be all inclusive is it not?

I saw this and was immediately "triggered". My heartbeat sped up, my mouth got dry and I briefly considered calling the police. I felt ostracized and subordinate. The racial injustice exhibited by this display was almost too much for my caucasian brain to process. Somehow I managed however, to summon the courage from within to fight this social inequality!

When the owner of the property stepped out from behind his fence and we made eye contact I almost lost my mettle. His tie dye shirt, birkenstocks and dreadlocks were very very intimidating. His pale white legs and skinny arms almost made me turn and runaway. I held it together though!

"Good morning" I said sheepishly.

"Good morning" he replied. 

"Nice display" I said, "It's very powerful"

Beaming with a broad smile he says "Its supposed to be. We need unity and inclusiveness to fight for justice. These are very bad times."

Pondering my response for moment I asked his permission to make a comment. 

"Yes"

"Where's the white chair?" I queried.

For a second he looked like a dog in quizzical wonderment. You know when a dog looks at you and tilts its head back and forth trying to process a command? His smile immediately faded. I think I even heard him huff in disdain.

"You need to get a white chair and put it right next to that dark one in the middle" I said. "We all need to learn to get along right?"

He looked at me, rolled his eyes and walked back down his driveway. Thank god he didnt become violent! I took a long drag off my Camel light, calmed myself down and got the hell out of the area. I don't go looking for trouble, somehow it just finds me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Rattler you've got to be kidding! A white chair is absolutely required to be all inclusive is it not?

I saw this and was immediately "triggered". My heartbeat sped up, my mouth got dry and I briefly considered calling the police. I felt ostracized and subordinate. The racial injustice exhibited by this display was almost too much for my caucasian brain to process. Somehow I managed however, to summon the courage from within to fight this social inequality!

Let me know when and where to meet you and we will loot and riot....I mean protest!

48 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Let me know when and where to meet you and we will loot and riot....I mean protest!

If only I had time lol. I have a job, a side biz and couple teenagers to look after. I'd have to schedule a time to "protest" with you. I do have a spare minute this afternoon though after I pound some brewskies, beat my dog and shoot my M4. I ll be on the hunt for a cheap white chair later and may drop it off at my new friend's place. I'll let you know how that goes lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

White is composed of ALL colors . He only needs to put out a white chair .....

00BA17A8-F341-41DE-8A44-C0ED2A8258AF.png

Let's not screw this story up with anything like a fact or cognitive thought my friend lol. I used photoshop a little back in the day but I ain't no artist and don't know if my new bud is either.

As someone once said "I have a plan". And yes. Yes I do. After reflection I've decided it's my moral obligation to make this right. I will update you peeps when I can . . . 

• Like 2

A quick update and a mea culpa.

For most of my adult life I've been a reactionary ass. From my teen years until I had children not much mattered to me besides my opinion and I made sure everyone knew it. A couple of years ago I reassessed my outlook and since then have made a conscious effort to be less reactionary, more calculating and to evaluate other points of view before I speak and act. "Tis better to remain silent and be perceived a fool than speak and confirm the suspicion" is an adage I try to follow now.

Last week I failed miserably at this. I reacted to something that I saw, ran my mouth and acted like an imbecile. I'd like to apologize to all for that. Especially to the owner of the display that I took issue with.

A short time after I posted I realized that even though I disagreed with the message, this is AMERICA, and one of the things that makes out country great is the RIGHT to say what you want and do what you want on your own property. Peacefully of course. There was no violent, threatening or negative connotations in the lawn display but a simple show of support for a group seeking equality. The owners of the house with the display were exercising their right to free expression and I crapped on that. It was very, very poor form on my part to condemn their message and how they exercised their rights. Quite frankly I was lucky I wasnt met with a hail of bullets or a lawsuit the way people discuss issues in today's world. 

So, fwiw, I have made two attempts to stop by the house with the display and apologize for being a dickhead. No one was home either time. I may try one more time but honestly at this point I may let sleeping dogs lie and try not to make the situation worse.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, left field said:

This is a pride chair display. 

Yes exactly, and when Enigma asked the question "tell us what you think might be missing" we could tell him it's missing a bunch of fruitcakes sitting on top of the chairs.   :)

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

A short time after I posted I realized that even though I disagreed with the message, this is AMERICA, and one of the things that makes out country great is the RIGHT to say what you want and do what you want on your own property. Peacefully of course.

It's what makes this country great.  Not just the freedom but because the very fact that having and hearing different views make us all grow as individuals.  Challenges us to think more and change or build on our views and ideas.

I argue with several people on this forum.  More so now since I now have more time on my hands.  But I will still share a laugh and a beer with anyone of them.  Even if someone is anti 2A.  Being anti 2A isn't the only thing that defines them just like there is so much more to me than just being pro 2A.  The key is to being able to tolerate the differences and respect the similarities.