A little political and a lot of humor . .

A quick update and a mea culpa.
For most of my adult life I've been a reactionary ass. From my teen years until I had children not much mattered to me besides my opinion and I made sure everyone knew it. A couple of years ago I reassessed my outlook and since then have made a conscious effort to be less reactionary, more calculating and to evaluate other points of view before I speak and act. "Tis better to remain silent and be perceived a fool than speak and confirm the suspicion" is an adage I try to follow now.
Last week I failed miserably at this. I reacted to something that I saw, ran my mouth and acted like an imbecile. I'd like to apologize to all for that. Especially to the owner of the display that I took issue with.
A short time after I posted I realized that even though I disagreed with the message, this is AMERICA, and one of the things that makes out country great is the RIGHT to say what you want and do what you want on your own property. Peacefully of course. There was no violent, threatening or negative connotations in the lawn display but a simple show of support for a group seeking equality. The owners of the house with the display were exercising their right to free expression and I crapped on that. It was very, very poor form on my part to condemn their message and how they exercised their rights. Quite frankly I was lucky I wasnt met with a hail of bullets or a lawsuit the way people discuss issues in today's world. 
So, fwiw, I have made two attempts to stop by the house with the display and apologize for being a dickhead. No one was home either time. I may try one more time but honestly at this point I may let sleeping dogs lie and try not to make the situation worse.

Too late, you're #cancelled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro