More Bear.....

Lawdwaz

Needless to say the dates are incorrect per usual.......

Questions for those experienced in such:

In the second video, you can see a second bear coming off to the left before the clip ends, is it two adults?

The first clip is obviously a sow with two cubs.  Are those cubs one year old?

On 6/28/2020 at 10:02 AM, Lawdwaz said:

Needless to say the dates are incorrect per usual.......

Questions for those experienced in such:

In the second video, you can see a second bear coming off to the left before the clip ends, is it two adults?

The first clip is obviously a sow with two cubs.  Are those cubs one year old?

First picture appears to be a sow with two year old cubs...Second may be the cubs without Mama...The bear in the lead is a small bear, as is the bear in the third...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

First picture appears to be a sow with two year old cubs...Second may be the cubs without Mama...The bear in the lead is a small bear, as is the bear in the third...

Damn it all, I was thinking they were giants with big ears........ :)

But seriously the body on the bear in the second video (with the second bear just coming into view at the end) appears to have a fairly beefy body and big neck......that said, I know having only shot one bear that big ears mean little bear.

I believe the second video is of 2 siblings prolly 2 year olds momma kicked off. I've seen them hang together for nearly a year after. New Cubs yould be 1/4 or 1/3 the size of her and would be the size of large xl raccoon or porkupine.

Them bears are moving with some purpose huh? I’ve only seen one bear while hunting and a few while driving - they always seem to just mosey on around. Your videos(quite cool by the way) had them making ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Damn it all, I was thinking they were giants with big ears........ :)

But seriously the body on the bear in the second video (with the second bear just coming into view at the end) appears to have a fairly beefy body and big neck......that said, I know having only shot one bear that big ears mean little bear.

That second video I believe IS 2 adult bears. The first bear my money says is a sow, and the one following a bigger bear being a boar pursuing her. It also looks like the second bear has a limp in the front shoulder. You (I) can se it as he first comes into view. Second bear looks big from what I can tell. 

• Like 1

The bears are slowly building out a population out of the foothills of the ADKs. It hasnt been that many years since they opened a season down here in the valley. Unfortunately this guy is too close to town and causing lots of damage, so wont make until the season. Seems like a pretty big bear.

11563.jpeg

11562.jpeg

• Like 2

That is one BIG bear! It looks the size of one I saw recently someplace online a week ago or so from a campsite. I think that one was in Old Forge. People were walking around it taking pictures like they were hanging out with a big Lab. I thought, "oh well it's a matter of time authorities end up killing him as a nuisance", because people encourage the bears behavior.

• Like 2