Hoping for a new bow

Swamp_bucks

I THINK I'M GETTING SETUP.lol

So i got a text message from my wife this morning saying one of her good friends husband just bought a elite valor.  She said it made her upset that since he's only been hunting for 2 years and I've been for 20 i should have a nice bow for once.(mind you i dont care what he shoots and not sure why she cares but won't argue with her about it).   

Not sure if I just got setup  but she gave me the green light to go buy one as long as it doesn't break the bank.  So I'll be going Thursday to a local shop in Morris to shoot what he's got and probably place an order through my sister and just have him set it up.

I'll be  looking at the valor,ember and ritual 33.  I'll also be looking at the 50-60 lb range.  

Any extra info would be great. Thanks

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sodfather said:

Shoot every bow you can and choose what you love not what everyone else says or pushes on ya. The grip the draw cycle the after the shot feel all should be based on what works for you. Elite and Prime checked all those boxes for me . 

I did run to a shop yesterday real quick to shoot two bows.  The valor was nice but my shoulder didn't like it much at 60lbs.  Then I decided to shoot the ritual 35 because I've never shot that long of a bow. It was also set at 60 and that was the nicest shooting bow I've ever shot.  Just way to long for me and the crap I tend to hunt in.  Hoping the 33 doesn't seem so big.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks

57 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I did run to a shop yesterday real quick to shoot two bows.  The valor was nice but my shoulder didn't like it much at 60lbs.  Then I decided to shoot the ritual 35 because I've never shot that long of a bow. It was also set at 60 and that was the nicest shooting bow I've ever shot.  Just way to long for me and the crap I tend to hunt in.  Hoping the 33 doesn't seem so big.  

You can't go wrong with an Elite ,the other brands like to play the "who's junk is bigger" game by going for speed numbers and the Elites are going for easiest shooting bow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

A new bow is great. A green light from the Mrs, even better, but what is she going to want after you get it? For me, I would be a bit cautious if Mrs Squirrel told me to go buy something out of the blue. 

I asked her about 100 times what the catch was. She just said I deserved it.  But  that was my first thought what's the catch.  I even asked her if it was a joke it's a sick one I would rather her pull the old I'm pregnant joke.  Guess there's only one way to find out. But the bow and wait.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sodfather said:

Shoot every bow you can and choose what you love not what everyone else says or pushes on ya. The grip the draw cycle the after the shot feel all should be based on what works for you. Elite and Prime checked all those boxes for me . 

+1 here. I went in unbiased to buy my first bow and ended up with a bow that i never heard of before that day (Mathew no cam) because it felt the best for my separated shoulder. I believe i shot 8 or so different bows and some were automatic no's right away just based on feel.

10 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Unless you hunt in a older style pop up blind %100 of the time you won’t notice the longer ATA and the Ritual 35 is my favorite bow I own or any bows I’ve had before it . 

• Like 1

Unless you hunt in a older style pop up blind %100 of the time you won’t notice the longer ATA and the Ritual 35 is my favorite bow I own or any bows I’ve had before it . 

Same, I tricked...ERRRE....bought one from Moog and love it. I had shot Sods 35 and Lawds 33. I’ve always preferred longer ATA bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Same, I tricked...ERRRE....bought one from Moog and love it. I had shot Sods 35 and Lawds 33. I’ve always preferred longer ATA bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I still don't forgive you for sniping that bow from my grasp

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

While noticable you can hunt just fine with any compound. Itll actually help you shoot better with a longer bow as when setup they're generally more comfortable and stability is good too. Last season I was filling the freezer with an Elite Victory with a 39" ata and out of a small climber stand. Posted the first deer to hit the ground on these forums. Get what feels comfortable which will be repeatable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Went today to shoot the bows.  Ember was what I was eye balling but that's off the table isn't what I was looking for.  I shot another valor and I'm not sure what the difference was between the 2 I shot but it felt smoother then the one I shot Tuesday.  Then he had an enlist sitting there for pretty cheap.  Problem was it has 70lb limbs.  It shot great very smooth draw I just don't no how long my shoulder can handle it.  Granted I can get it down to close to 60lbs.  If it had 60 or 50lbs limbs it would be home with me.  Still not sure I want that shorter axle bow of the valor.  He didn't end up having a 33 I was hoping for.  Time to think about what route I want to go.

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Went today to shoot the bows.  Ember was what I was eye balling but that's off the table isn't what I was looking for.  I shot another valor and I'm not sure what the difference was between the 2 I shot but it felt smoother then the one I shot Tuesday.  Then he had an enlist sitting there for pretty cheap.  Problem was it has 70lb limbs.  It shot great very smooth draw I just don't no how long my shoulder can handle it.  Granted I can get it down to close to 60lbs.  If it had 60 or 50lbs limbs it would be home with me.  Still not sure I want that shorter axle bow of the valor.  He didn't end up having a 33 I was hoping for.  Time to think about what route I want to go.

Why not go with the ritual 35 ? I,ve hunting with a 35 for the last few years ,a few others here do as well . I've never had any interference issues yet. 

6 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Why not go with the ritual 35 ? I,ve hunting with a 35 for the last few years ,a few others here do as well . I've never had any interference issues yet. 

That's what I'm leaning towards more then the valor.  The enlist is nice but that draw weight and i cant seem to find 60lb limbs but  by the time i find the limbs and buy the bow could probably just get the ritual.   

Wtf?!? They give those out at the Academy?!? Peer pressure is bullying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Wtf?!? They give those out at the Academy?!? Peer pressure is bullying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im shooting an Energy 35 ,my recommendation would honestly be to find an Energy 35 on AT in the correct draw length , he was wants a new rig though. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2