Hoping for a new bow

Swamp_bucks

On 6/29/2020 at 9:08 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Awesome.  Nothing like a new toy!   AJs archery in Cazenovia prob isn't too far from you, I've heard good things about them. Heard they have a good selection and will set up bow ready to hunt. 

Aj's is ok.  Bust out your wallet though, they're knowledgeable and have top shelf products....but you're going to pay top dollar.

I'd recommend going to Legends of the Fall in Tully.

Edited by loworange88

Well I made the decision I'm going with the ritual 33.  Gives me that longer bow I'm after but being a little shorter than the 35. I know it's only 2 inches but I wanted one around 31-33 ata. Now to decide on the color I'm torn between the ninja black and the KUIU colors.   I wouldnt mind any of them reall all there colors are great and the detail in the camo is awesome.  The graphite gray is nice also saw that on a kure at the bow shop.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

I'll be using my trophy ridge react one sight from last year.  Love the single pin.  I'll also be using a qad pro series drop away I've had laying around.  With my thumb release I purchased last year.  In buying the matching quiver and stabilizer for it.  Seeing how I won't buy a new bow for a along time I went all out.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I'll be using my trophy ridge react one sight from last year.  Love the single pin.  I'll also be using a qad pro series drop away I've had laying around.  With my thumb release I purchased last year.  In buying the matching quiver and stabilizer for it.  Seeing how I won't buy a new bow for a along time I went all out.

That's awesome. I hope you love it,and plenty of time before the season to get it dialed in.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

That's awesome. I hope you love it,and plenty of time before the season to get it dialed in.

Can't wait to get it.   Talked to ron again over the weekend he's going to set me up great.  It'll leave that shop ready to hunt.  I'm really pumped for this season now.   Not going to know what to do with such a nice bow.   

• Like 2

Ordering it tomorrow going with KUIU Verde.  For you that don't know this is the Verde pattern.  I like different looking bows and I really like the Verde for some reason.
Screenshot_20200706-172610.thumb.png.9469084c4927d65fabae47bf6d74659a.png
Excellent choice in the ELITE bow! It's truly ELITE!

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

16 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Can't wait to get it.   Talked to ron again over the weekend he's going to set me up great.  It'll leave that shop ready to hunt.  I'm really pumped for this season now.   Not going to know what to do with such a nice bow.   

Kill a nice buck of course! 

• Like 1

I have a Valor on the way in a 60lb. I have a Z28 and a Synergy; both of those bows shoot great IMO. I'm purposely looking for a shorter ATA and the Valor fits that bill. I think the shootability of the shorter ATA bows are largely dependent on DL and string angles come into play. 

Before I blew my back out last season, I had a few instances where I wished I had a smaller profile bow in a couple stands. All were short-distance shot scenarios with stands that had limited cover or required more movement in tight space. Also spent a ton of time in a few hard side blinds with my bad back and a shorter ATA would definitely be more useful. I doubt I'd carry it when needing to be a long-range bomber though. More of a situational bow to support me using my Synergy 80% of the time.

• Like 1

I have a Valor on the way in a 60lb. I have a Z28 and a Synergy; both of those bows shoot great IMO. I'm purposely looking for a shorter ATA and the Valor fits that bill. I think the shootability of the shorter ATA bows are largely dependent on DL and string angles come into play. 
Before I blew my back out last season, I had a few instances where I wished I had a smaller profile bow in a couple stands. All were short-distance shot scenarios with stands that had limited cover or required more movement in tight space. Also spent a ton of time in a few hard side blinds with my bad back and a shorter ATA would definitely be more useful. I doubt I'd carry it when needing to be a long-range bomber though. More of a situational bow to support me using my Synergy 80% of the time.

Remember that ATA is axle to axle. These new Mathews with 28” ATA are probably 38” from cam to cam, they have wagon wheels on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Remember that ATA is axle to axle. These new Mathews with 28” ATA are probably 38” from cam to cam, they have wagon wheels on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure alot of cams have met their demise due to the insides of a hardside blind or a window edge.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

It's here.  Taking it to the shop in about 10 mins.  Very happy I went with the KUIU Verde camo.  

20200729_165214.jpg

Nice bow. My Valor is ready to go too. I put on the React sight, too. Hoping I like it.

Also, world's smallest microwave or something!

• Like 1

Straight Arrow Archery in Saquoit just south of Utica is an excellent place to shop. They carry about 5 lines   They have a 25 yd inside range Too. I’ve bought 4 bows over the years from them. Knowledgeable 

Edited by nybuckboy