Signs of the deer season coming

Robhuntandfish

On 7/2/2020 at 8:04 AM, landtracdeerhunter said:

In celebration of the up coming deer season, I have been elevating a few deer stands. A quite of few nice Ash trees we use to lean on have since died, so it makes stand placement more difficult. Year round stamds are being checked over well. Installing a roof canopy on one and a portable on another.   Looking over the hunting clothing situration and shopping for a good pair of boots. Another great deer season is in the near future. Enjoying the prep. work can only make for another rewarding season. 

Good Luck, Enjoy, and as always, think safety!

I bought these last season and used them the whole season.  They were awesome!  Kept me very warm, they're comfortable, waterproof,  and scent-proof.  Saw more deer last year than any season yet (only about 7or8 years).  I would highly recommend them.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/men/hunt/boots/aerohead-sport-16-brown-7-0mm.html

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, buffalojay83 said:

I bought these last season and used them the whole season.  They were awesome!  Kept me very warm, they're comfortable, waterproof,  and scent-proof.  Saw more deer last year than any season yet (only about 7or8 years).  I would highly recommend them.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/men/hunt/boots/aerohead-sport-16-brown-7-0mm.html

I'll take a look at them at Runnings, Thanks

On 7/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I bought a spartan cam from @phade , so far it is great. I got hooked after seeing @sodfather pics from the same cam. I use the Ameristep ground blinds. not a popup, i leave them up year round. I never hunted out of one until the first one i put in on dad's new land in 2016. it stayed up year round for 4 full seasons and we killed several deer out of it. we had bought 2 and only put 1 up, so we will swap out this summer. i can't remember if its doghouse or brickhouse. i'll dig up a pic

It won’t be long before you’ll find the need for more cell cams and realize your other cams are like reading the newspaper from last month. The best thing about the Spartans is that you can share the cam with friends who also have Spartans. In my small circle of hunting buddies, we have 15 cams now that we can all view. We all hunt our own spots, but being able to watch the overall deer activity from many different areas really adds a whole new dimension to learning about deer movement before and during the season. 

6 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

It won’t be long before you’ll find the need for more cell cams and realize your other cams are like reading the newspaper from last month. The best thing about the Spartans is that you can share the cam with friends who also have Spartans. In my small circle of hunting buddies, we have 15 cams now that we can all view. We all hunt our own spots, but being able to watch the overall deer activity from many different areas really adds a whole new dimension to learning about deer movement before and during the season. 

awesome!