Overnight backpack fishing trip suggestions

BKhunter

Hey All,

Anyone have any suggestions for an overnight backpacking trip within a 2-3 hr drive of NYC where I can do a little fishing also. Doesn’t have to be a crazy hike in but looking to get away from crowds and have a nice peaceful trip and do some fishing and camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey All,

Anyone have any suggestions for an overnight backpacking trip within a 2-3 hr drive of NYC where I can do a little fishing also. Doesn’t have to be a crazy hike in but looking to get away from crowds and have a nice peaceful trip and do some fishing and camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catskills? Adirondacks? So many choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

wish I had time to do some brook trout fishing in Maine when I went up for my moose hunt. There was a father and son who were using the same outfitter as me and they came up a few days early to catch some brookies. they did really well and showed me some pictures. super jealous. couple 2 - 3 pounders and a boat load of good 12-15 inchers. all full spawning colors

• Like 1

Just now, 518BowSlayer said:

wish I had time to do some brook trout fishing in Maine when I went up for my moose hunt. There was a father and son who were using the same outfitter as me and they came up a few days early to catch some brookies. they did really well and showed me some pictures. super jealous. couple 2 - 3 pounders and a boat load of good 12-15 inchers. all full spawning colors

bucket list for me is an 18"+ brookie.  Ive caught a lot of brook trout in streams in the dacks but never one real huge one. Nothing more beautiful than the brook trout. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Catskills? Adirondacks? So many choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most likely Catskills as I think that is closer then the ADK. I've done a weekend trip up there and it's a pretty far drive so trying to stay within 2 hrs of the city. I know it's not as nice and more crowded but my time is limited.

• Like 1