Deer Hauler

Tughill Tamer

Nice ! Hope you put a big buck in the bed this fall ! 

I always liked the vinyl flooring myself. Owning a construction company and being on muddy jobsites would turn the carpet flooring into a mess in a couple years. So easy to clean the vinyl. Just pull into  the car wash , open all the doors and power wash the floors !  I still had rubber mats in the truck though. To not wear a hole in the vinyl floor with my boot on the gas pedal .  Good luck with the new truck ! 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

I’m looking at buying the exact same truck. Did you have a truck before this? What was your experience like shopping for it?
Yeah I had a 2010 F150 STX with only 48,000 miles that I traded in that was in nice shape for a 2010. I was pondering back and forth wether I would just keep the 2010 and have no Truck payment and drive the wheels of it, or trade it in while it still had some good value. I'm ended up hearing on the radio about wicked low leases on the F150 so I went in to check it out. They ended up giving me 11k for my truck so I ended up with a 3yr lease payment of $197 dollars a month and they gave me a check for $2000. This is my first ever lease. I'm going to take that 2k I got back put it in a different account that I won't touch and direct deposit like $25 a week. That should give my like 6k for a down payment on buying this truck after this lease or leasing something else. I'm pretty excited about the extra cab space my other Truck was an extended cab.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nice, so did you get the TT 6 or the 5.0 ? I love my 14 stx with the 5.0. The rubber floor is a must, I’ll never buy  another truck with carpet. Oh and the black Stx’s are the best ..

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Vinyl flooring is NBD... just get a set of Weathertech or Husky floor liners that cover everything.

I have liners in our other vehicles that only come with  carpet . But  if you can get a vinyl floor why spend extra money on liners .

15 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

In most cases carpet will help resale. the majority of the public isn't like us...lol

Good point, good point . Myself I tend to hold onto my vehicles for quite some time so my resale is usually low anyways. 

• Like 1

That is a nice truck!  I'm planning on moving to Ford for my next truck. I do have to ask.  Why in the world did you lease with that kind of a trade equity? $13K down and the 0% financing Ford is offering is a no brainer? 0% is free money.

• Like 1

Nice, so did you get the TT 6 or the 5.0 ? I love my 14 stx with the 5.0. The rubber floor is a must, I’ll never buy  another truck with carpet. Oh and the black Stx’s are the best ..
I went with the 5.0 they were trying to talk me into the TT6 but I felt better about staying with a V8.

• Like 1

That is a nice truck!  I'm planning on moving to Ford for my next truck. I do have to ask.  Why in the world did you lease with that kind of a trade equity? $13K down and the 0% financing Ford is offering is a no brainer? 0% is free money.
Was trying to keep my payment as low as possible. We are currently trying to help my youngest son get on his feet from some financial troubles he's found himself in. It seemed like the lease did that.

Been there. Actually still there with my oldest. Best of luck and a nice looking truck for sure!

Not to derail but my youngest sent me this pic this morning. An old guy blew a stop sign. A few minutes ago he told me they gave him a new f150 for a rental. He said “Dad, this thing is really nice! I may be switching teams!”

873ec27585ab3282dd747c2114a7b7c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

I went with the 5.0 they were trying to talk me into the TT6 but I felt better about staying with a V8.

Good choice. the 5.0’s sound so good when your in the rpm’s and working them . 

• Like 2

Id guess the parking lot at work has easily 100 F150s , i walked around this week and asked guys who pull campers about their set ups , i couldn't believe how many guys are pulling with just the 2.7 ,they all said they couldn't be happier with the acceleration and gas mileage from it . The few guys who had the 3.5 all said they're not even sure they need all that for what they do.  This is with the 10 speed auto.  

• Like 1

I got a new rig in mid February, a 2020 Tacoma.  The cap came in in May and it's an ARE.  So far so good, just a few hundred miles over 6,000 so far.  Boy, where do the miles go?!?!

And yes, I have the WeatherGuard floor mats and love them.  Had them on my 2011 since it was new and the carpet in that truck looked 90% new.  Had to buy Mcgard wheel locks since the truck didn't come with them.  Bummer

roZUhk7.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Id guess the parking lot at work has easily 100 F150s , i walked around this week and asked guys who pull campers about their set ups , i couldn't believe how many guys are pulling with just the 2.7 ,they all said they couldn't be happier with the acceleration and gas mileage from it . The few guys who had the 3.5 all said they're not even sure they need all that for what they do.  This is with the 10 speed auto.  

The 2.7’s have had very very few problems, the 3.5’s I’ve read about  guys having timing chains and tensioner’s going and some turbos, not a ton but still it’s happening  Myself I wanted the 5.0  (K.I.S.S  principle ) with less things to go wrong, especially  at $ 3800 to replace both turbos if they do go. My truck with the steel body & 6 speed is rated to  tow 7600 lbs and that’s plenty for me, I’ve had probably 4200lbs at the most and it handled it with ease. 

• Like 1