Deer Hauler

Tughill Tamer

Just now, Tughill Tamer said:

I have a buddy at work who was told by a Ford mechanic that they are having trouble with the turbos going out at around 80k.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Ford forum I’m on it seems guys that are posting about problems it’s 80,000 and above. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

I have a buddy at work who was told by a Ford mechanic that they are having trouble with the turbos going out at around 80k.

In the 3.5 ? I havent heard or read of any issues with the 2.7 . I may still go that route , we'll be towing a less then 5000 pound trailer and it gets a better fuel mileage for everyday commutes.  

43 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I got a new rig in mid February, a 2020 Tacoma.  The cap came in in May and it's an ARE.  So far so good, just a few hundred miles over 6,000 so far.  Boy, where do the miles go?!?!

And yes, I have the WeatherGuard floor mats and love them.  Had them on my 2011 since it was new and the carpet in that truck looked 90% new.  Had to buy Mcgard wheel locks since the truck didn't come with them.  Bummer

roZUhk7.jpg

You need to go on Tacoma World and have them tell you what new rims you need to really make that truck look better.

Then I know this guy with a 2018 looking for a deal on some take off aluminum rims that would pick them up.

• Haha 1

In the 3.5 ? I havent heard or read of any issues with the 2.7 . I may still go that route , we'll be towing a less then 5000 pound trailer and it gets a better fuel mileage for everyday commutes.  
If I remember correctly I believe my buddy said the mechanics were talking about in the 3.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Id guess the parking lot at work has easily 100 F150s , i walked around this week and asked guys who pull campers about their set ups , i couldn't believe how many guys are pulling with just the 2.7 ,they all said they couldn't be happier with the acceleration and gas mileage from it . The few guys who had the 3.5 all said they're not even sure they need all that for what they do.  This is with the 10 speed auto.  

We have them at work and haven't had any problems. I can't even tell the boat is back there towing it .  Plenty of power.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

We have them at work and haven't had any problems. I can't even tell the boat is back there towing it .  Plenty of power.

When we get a camper i don't want anything over 5k ,closer to 4 would be ideal. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

When we get a camper i don't want anything over 5k ,closer to 4 would be ideal. 

Just a FYI when your looking at your truck pay attention to the gearing and payload and towing capacity. The higher the trim levels ( more weight added to the truck ) will eat into your payload and towing capacity. 

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

You need to go on Tacoma World and have them tell you what new rims you need to really make that truck look better.

Then I know this guy with a 2018 looking for a deal on some take off aluminum rims that would pick them up.

Swap ya for your tires/rims and the 'Spree???

I've had diesels since I was 17 (I'm 25) and dont tow as much as I used to, just personal trailers a couple times a week now. I gotta say the 3.5 is very appealing. But for now still chugging with a cummins. 

And awesome truck tug! Looks like a beauty 

Edited by BigVal
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Did you guys all figure out how to disable the auto stop? Only thing I didn't like about my new truck. 

Tacks forwarded me the video of how to disable it but it doesnt really bother me , i just pushed the button .

Did you guys all figure out how to disable the auto stop? Only thing I didn't like about my new truck. 

Tacks forwarded me the video of how to disable it but it doesnt really bother me , i just pushed the button .

There’s a permanent way? What about Ranger? I just press button each time i start it. It just happens automatically in my brain now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

There’s a permanent way? What about Ranger? I just press button each time i start it. It just happens automatically in my brain now

Dunno if it's the same for a ranger.   I've heard it works ok except if you have a raptor as they have so much tech it might pull a code.   It will disable the trailer lights so I just push the button too. But I def could do without it. Prob in the winter will do it cause I'm not towing all the time. 

Dunno if it's the same for a ranger.   I've heard it works ok except if you have a raptor as they have so much tech it might pull a code.   It will disable the trailer lights so I just push the button too. But I def could do without it. Prob in the winter will do it cause I'm not towing all the time. 

Gotcha. Yea I’m not gonna mess around like that. I’m already so used to pressing button. Thanks though.

You would think that they would have a permanent shut off switch cause so many don't like it. 

Does any car company offer it? It’s been around for a while and every vehicle seems to have jt