My most inaccurate Rifle

I don't have an inaccurate rifle! Those ones don't stay long! The two I had the most trouble with were TC Prohunters. Owned one in 7mm Mag and one in 7mm-08, couldn't get either to group tighter than 2.5-3". Long gone!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

That Daisy looks just like my first one, which my Dad bought me in a bout 1957, except mine shot BBs....Killed a bunch of barn sparrows  ( plus a few birds that I was NOT suspposed to shoot) with that gun along with my first BIG GAME....Chipmunks....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I don't have an inaccurate rifle! Those ones don't stay long! The two I had the most trouble with were TC Prohunters. Owned one in 7mm Mag and one in 7mm-08, couldn't get either to group tighter than 2.5-3". Long gone!

Wow ... hard to believe . I have a prohunter with 50 cal muzzloader.. 270,308,243 barrels and they all shoot lights out . You must have had a friday  or monday morning gun.

• Like 1

Wow ... hard to believe . I have a prohunter with 50 cal muzzloader.. 270,308,243 barrels and they all shoot lights out . You must have had a friday  or monday morning gun.
I know. I wanted to like it, hence why I bought a second one. Wasn't in the cards for me apparently.

When I was a kid the old fireman field days they had back then around here had a fellow that made the rounds having a cork gun shooting gallery. For 25 cents you could take a shot at a standing box of crackerjacks or a small box of candy, if you knocked it over it was yours.

I also remember at various fairs and midways you could win a teddy bear for your girl at real shooting galleries that used Winchester 06 pump 22 rifles firing low velocity short gallery loads that would disintegrate on impact so there would be no ricochets. All things of a bygone era and not PC in this screwed up country these days.

Al

13 minutes ago, airedale said:

When I was a kid the old fireman field days they had back then around here had a fellow that made the rounds having a cork gun shooting gallery. For 25 cents you could take a shot at a standing box of crackerjacks or a small box of candy, if you knocked it over it was yours.

I also remember at various fairs and midways you could win a teddy bear for your girl at real shooting galleries that used Winchester 06 pump 22 rifles firing low velocity short gallery loads that would disintegrate on impact so there would be no ricochets. All things of a bygone era and not PC in this screwed up country these days.

Al

Back in the day, all the county fairs had shooting galleries with the Win pump guns, as did many of the local amusement parks, such as Eldridge Park in Elmira...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Back in the day, all the county fairs had shooting galleries with the Win pump guns, as did many of the local amusement parks, such as Eldridge Park in Elmira...

Like this one??wish whoever had it before my uncle didnt have it plated.i inheritated all his long guns when he passed and this was one of them.model 1890

20200712_110007.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Like this one??wish whoever had it before my uncle didnt have it plated.i inheritated all his long guns when he passed and this was one of them.model 1890

I have a Taurus reproduction 22 gallery rifle made in stainless steel that looks like yours. I changed out the original sights to something my old eyes can utilize better, It is one of my favorite plinkers.

Al

2020-07-12_164848.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

I hit a very small moving target with my daisy pellet gun last night, those little buggers won’t leave my tomatoes alone and it’s getting frustrating

Shot the chipmunk who was running across my deck railing, he fell off flopped around about and wobbled away, followed the blood trial into some thick brush and gave up. I’m sure there will be a few more that meet this fate in the coming days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1