Confiscation In America Begins

5 hours ago, virgil said:

That sounds like a pretty objective point of view. 

Do we know for a fact that the protesters were on the homeowner's property and made threats before guns were pointed at them?  Do we just automatically side with gun owners because we're gun owners also?

Anything inside the gate they broke down  is private property ,street and all, so, yes the street is their property . 

Now the couple sure could use some training , from manual of arms up through tactics . Taking a high point  from inside would have some advantages and disadvantages as well , outside gives them more options.

Just like my grand dad and his neighbors during the ‘64 riots here ,they blocked off their streets and stood guard with their shotguns . It was the good guys vs the bad guys , there are no F in rules lol .

I side with non criminals, don’t look for trouble and the won’t be none .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, virgil said:

Don't you want to know what actually happened first?  What if it turns out that the protesters were just walking down the street and this couple came out of their house and pointed guns at them?  Surely some of  the houses in that kind of neighborhood have security cameras that can prove what happened.  Why not let the evidence come to light before taking such a strong position on who is wrong and who is right?

Really.  Are you only watching CNN?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, mowin said:

Really.  Are you only watching CNN?

I don’t watch CNN at all. The video I’ve seen doesn’t show the sequence of events. Only shows the crowd yelling and the couple waving guns. 
If video shows that the crowd was in the street when the couple started pointing guns, the couple is in for trouble. But, at least they’ll always have your support. 

Check the law. Even if they were on private property, the couple still cannot just start pointing guns at them. They need to have reasonable for for their safety to justify their actions. 
I’m not saying who’s right and who’s wrong yet. 

26 minutes ago, virgil said:

I don’t watch CNN at all. The video I’ve seen doesn’t show the sequence of events. Only shows the crowd yelling and the couple waving guns. 
If video shows that the crowd was in the street when the couple started pointing guns, the couple is in for trouble. But, at least they’ll always have your support. 

You might want to expand your search. It's beyond obvious, unless you have lefty glasses on.  Missouri law clearly defends what this couple had to do.  The leftist prosecutor clearly charged this couple while letting the mob go free.  They tore down a gate. Were within 40' feet of the home in that gated community that clearly had privet, no trespassing. The gate was within sight of the couple's house. They called the police, who never showed because they the cops were told to stand down.  The crowd threatened to burn the house down, and kill their pets. They said that's my house, my bedroom, I'll be sleeping in there, not you. 

How in the hell can you defend these idiots?  

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

You might want to expand your search. It's beyond obvious, unless you have lefty glasses on.  Missouri law clearly defends what this couple had to do.  The leftist prosecutor clearly charged this couple while letting the mob go free.  They tore down a gate. Were within 40' feet of the home in that gated community that clearly had privet, no trespassing. The gate was within sight of the couple's house. They called the police, who never showed because they the cops were told to stand down.  The crowd threatened to burn the house down, and kill their pets. They said that's my house, my bedroom, I'll be sleeping in there, not you. 

How in the hell can you defend these idiots?  

Not defending them. 
You should read the law. I have. 

Missouri has a castle doctrine that the attorney general stated covers private property. Not all states have the same castle doctrine as Ohio states it only protects my rights to defend myself and family in my home and in some case automobile. But for the members that seem to be pro rioters what are you going to do when 200 people come on your property wear mask making threat and refuse to leave and there no cops to stop them. Hope no one has to find out what they would do. But it is much easier to take the high road when looking at a atlas..

• Like 4

Anyone who supports 500 violent rioters, that broke down a front gate in a private community and marched forward in a threatening manner, some of which were said to be brandishing arms, as opposed to responsible citizens who worked their whole lives for what they own, is either a Marxist sympathizer or bleeding heart liberal fool.

That couple was fearing for their lives because they made numerous phone calls for help, to the police and private security firms, only to be told nobody would respond.  They were on their own.  They were forced into a position they never prepared for and had no real idea how to handle.  That crowd was heading towards the mayor's house in the community and they weren't planning on being "peaceful" when they got there.  The McCloskey's didn't create that situation.  They were forced to deal with it.  Putting any credibility in videos taken by rioters, which are always edited to eliminate any evidence of their criminality, is beyond naive.

As far as whether that couple should have to spend thousands to defend themselves against a politically motivated prosecutor, why should anyone be made to fear being prosecuted for exercising their right to self defense?  Anyone who thinks they should is no friend of responsible gun owners or the 2nd Amendment, because this is how the anti-gun crowd intimidates people who choose to stand up for their rights as opposed to kneel to the tyrants that want them to comply with mob rule.

It's political and evil.  The President's press secretary addressed the situation well and the state AG and Governor are involved too.  The prosecutor is a leftist sympathizer that needs to be removed from office for selectively enforcing the law against her political opposition.

McEnany added of Gardner:

There have been many cases brought to her attention of violent rioters that she has failed to charge. But instead, she’s charging the individuals who are defending themselves from violent protesters. You have 500 protesters who stormed the gates, tore down the gates, and trespassed on their property.

The White House press secretary noted that Patricia McCloskey said some trespassers threatened to kill the couple and occupy the house, while others shouted threats to burn down the house. 

“They were completely within their right, and it is an egregious abuse of power,” McEnany said. 

In a video announcement, Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, the state’s top law enforcement official, said he would seek to dismiss the case. He called it a “political prosecution” and said citizens shouldn’t be targeted for exercising their right to self-defense.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/07/21/prosecutor-criticized-for-charging-st-louis-couple-who-pointed-guns-at-protesters/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=prosecutor-criticized-for-charging-st-louis-couple-who-pointed-guns-at-protesters?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpFd04ySm1OVGhqWW1GbCIsInQiOiJJT0F2VUhRM0pKM2hDZTVEVThUTlBHcU9GMTRVOEExR1IwMGVnMjBXRzMzZjBlUnR6bk5DXC9TczRqeVRlT2dVSWNPa2ZqcGM5VmViVHpZck5jVVgyNzMrRlNzcnZXckFOZTkxMWx4QjhmYmRKR2dPZStNczhsMEpYR0w0ZTViTlYifQ%3D%3D

I find it disgusting any gun owner, that should support all 2nd Amendment rights, would feel these people should be dragged into court to justify their right to defend themselves against a real threat to their lives and what they worked all their lives to obtain. 

People who defend that violent mob, including the leftist main stream media that manipulates those people, or even give the mob benefit of the doubt over the victims of their lawlessness, obviously have no idea that attitude could someday put them in the same position.  They also have no idea how dangerous an unruly mob can be, or that it can become homicidal in the blink of an eye.  Supporting mob rule is insane.

I'm amazed at the amount of criminal activity some people in this land are willing to defend to make themselves feel morally superior to people they despise, because they won't bend to their demands on how they should live their lives.  It's a totalitarian mindset that needs to be vanquished from this country before it destroys all of our rights.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Sounds like a lot of gun owners on here don't have a lot of faith in the justice system.. looks like they are agreeing with some folks in the BLM movement.....

Do you understand the "Legal System", which is the correct term, because there is NO justice, but it's all legal, is in question here because the prosecutor is politically motivated in this case?  That's the legal system BLM Marxists want.  That's something any intelligent citizen would be against.  BLM claims the system is racially biased, when all scientific and statistical data proves it isn't.  This case provides evidence it can be abused when the left controls it.

• Like 1

Do you understand the "Legal System", which is the correct term, because there is NO justice, but it's all legal, is in question here because the prosecutor is politically motivated in this case?  That's the legal system BLM Marxists want.  That's something any intelligent citizen would be against.  BLM claims the system is racially biased, when all scientific and statistical data proves it isn't.  This case provides evidence it can be abused when the left controls it.

Do you ever get tired of being such an ignorant blow hard?

Let's change the Department of Justice to the Department of legal, because a blow hard on NY hunting site thinks so.

https://www.justice.gov/

The United States Department of Justice, also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the United States government responsible for the enforcement of the law and administration of justice in the United States, 

Or should we also change the Judical Branch of our government to the " Legal Branch" again because the king blow hard thinks he is correct in all things.

judicial system - the system of law courts that administer justice and constitute the judicial branch of government

This is from an article on Fox' website:

In the recent St. Louis case, videos appear to show homeowners Mark and Patricia McCloskey pointing firearms at peaceful protestors walking in a street Sunday evening. However, it was a private street that the protesters reached by passing through a gate, Fox News reported.

Does walking down a private street qualify as causing reasonable fear for your life?

Hey Trail, you ever heard of sarcasm being used to make a point.  Get over your superiority complex pal.  You are not even close to being credible on most issues.

Why didn't you address the rest of the points made in that post?  Too complicated for you or not able to credibly refute them?

Edited by Rattler

9 minutes ago, virgil said:

In the recent St. Louis case, videos appear to show homeowners Mark and Patricia McCloskey pointing firearms at peaceful protestors walking in a street Sunday evening. However, it was a private street that the protesters reached by passing through a gate, Fox News reported.

Does walking down a private street qualify as causing reasonable fear for your life?

Sorry, they didn't pass through a gate.  They destroyed the gate, a locked gate.  With private, no trespassing signs on it.

What are you not getting? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, virgil said:

If a potentially violent mob is walking down your private street threatening you and your property, yeah it causes fear for your life.  "Peaceful protesters"?  What Fox is saying here is the videos cannot be trusted to show the whole story.

• Like 1

Hey Trail, you ever heard of sarcasm being used to make a point.  Get over you superiority complex pal.  You are not even close to being credible on most issues.
Why didn't you address the rest of the points made in that post?  Too complicated for you or not able to credibly refute them?

Thanks I won't go down the road of confusing your ignorance and incessant pontificating on every and all things political as being sarcastic. Especially since your life revolves around thumping your chest while you post on here ever 15 minutes.
As a far engaging you in conversation, there is enough history on here to show that it would fruitless and a waste time. The adage that you argue with an idiot shows there is two idiots comes to mind.

And it Trial, not Trail.

It needs to be looked at in the context of what was happing at the time, both in St.Louis and nationally. Riots, large numbers of “ protesters “ roaming the streets , committing , arsons, beatings ,looting , the cops basically on stand down , and cites burning , Hell Seattle let them take over 6 plus blocks , taking the residents basically prisoner .

These people knew that they were on their own, have seen what was happening , and now it had moved to their doorstep .

Just got a shipment of 00 buck in , I’m off to run and gun on my range , wish I had a pink shirt though .

• Like 2

Leftist anti-gun people want gun owners to think, "If rich lawyers who are clearly in the right -- and in a Stand Your Ground state -- have to take this much heat to be vindicated, then I don't ever want to exercise the Second Amendment!"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/21/nolte-media-democrats-use-mccloskey-case-to-make-us-afraid-to-protect-our-home/?fbclid=IwAR3SRj3Vwl3e24kFM8UDUxa_V3vG-g5bog7MTs8eNP5vGTGKBRCbanKekvo

• Like 2

Check out this article and video clips.  Seems the homeowners' version of the story regarding breaking down the gate, where the protesters were when they started pointing guns, and what was said and when- doesn't quite match up to the multiple videos.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2020/06/29/couple-who-pointed-guns-at-protesters-release-statement-in-support-of-protesters

First protester enters through unlocked gate at the 7 second mark.  Protester heard commenting that the homeowners have guns at the 22 second mark.  At some point, damage was done to the gate.

Edited by virgil

That's a video of a pedestrian gate, not the one vehicles drive through to get into the property.  It's obvious video is being selectively applied here.  I suspect this was taken well after the main mob had already passed the house thorough the main gate.

Video only shows a open gate. Not how the gate was opened.  

No trespassing, what does that mean to you?  Well obviously you must think it means opening a locked gate and entering private property then threatening the property owners.  

For their sake, I hope their lawyers can mount a better defense than you guys.  This is the gate they entered through.  And, trespassing on private property does not necessarily constitute a serious threat to anyone's life.  And, the videos seem to show that the protesters were walking past this house on their way elsewhere when confronted by this couple. 

You seem to be very supportive of mob rule, where they can violate the law and strike fear in people's hearts with impunity.  Yet when the mob causes tremendous fear in regular citizen's lives, they are the one's that should be arrested.  That's how mob rule achieves power.  You need to rethink the extrapolated ramifications of your beliefs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rattler said:

You seem to be very supportive of mob rule, where they can violate the law and strike fear in people's hearts with impunity.  Yet when the mob causes tremendous fear in regular citizen's lives, they are the one's that should be arrested.  That's how mob rule achieves power.  You need to rethink the extrapolated ramifications of your beliefs.

Oh please.  That's the best you can offer? Yes, you got me- I'm a big advocate of mob rule.